• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trequonia mod [RELEASED]  "Downloadable link."

View PostTheCultist, on 02 October 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

Is this the purple sphere you're talking about? https://imgur.com/a/3oy8x
If so, I don't see any way to get up inside this building :rolleyes:

No not at all !

It's in one of the first buildings, the purple sphere is/was in an area with grey for of some sort, and there are tight platforms leading down to it, instead of going down try jumping up.

And Zaxtor what is the mistake you're talking about if I may ?

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 02 October 2017 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Theres a place that get misty / foggy.
You enter the second building one with the lab.
Pass the violet with blue glow orb you probably destroyed.
Go down stairs where it get foggy and has libraries
You will see platforms with lights (floor of platform)
you go up. and crawl into a small vent.
Goto up the computer tower.
Will be lots of computers.
You press Frankenstein switch.
Opens a door inside building 4.
and you go downstairs and get red key

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Secret level 3 had a moving part that doesn't work.
Dunno why the lotag 20 was gone.
Is fixed in V2 that will come out soon.

User is offline   TheCultist 

Alright, destroyed the CPU core and went to the secret level (Secret Sector), thank you very much (both of you)!
Just in case, can you tell me what do I have to make sure I don't miss in this level? I know about the bridge maker, anything else I should keep in mind? Any weapon addons or useful stuff for later levels? Things to be done that affect upcoming levels?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

addons are perma, lasts rest of the game and you never lose it, even if you die and restart level after the secret level.

View PostTheCultist, on 02 October 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

Alright, destroyed the CPU core and went to the secret level (Secret Sector), thank you very much (both of you)!
Just in case, can you tell me what do I have to make sure I don't miss in this level? I know about the bridge maker, anything else I should keep in mind? Any weapon addons or useful stuff for later levels? Things to be done that affect upcoming levels?

I have found 8 secrets in the Secret Sector and apart from the Bridge Maker I found nothing special :/

So you can roam around that level without worrying ^_-
Just know that you can exit this level anytime by backtracking back to the begining, also once you get the add-on I suggest you go back to some places in the level again because it will allow you to go find secrets that were inaccessible before (the same goes for all future levels). For instance there are places with a big hole in the ceiling, with the add-on you can go up those holes and find secrets.

Also when you find the add-on make sure you try it in the very yoom you find it, there's a switch (I don't know what it does) at the top of the room.
Lastly be careful when you way up or down with it because you can clip through your bridge or fall on it and get hurt. It's a hang of it to have :\

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 02 October 2017 - 10:03 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

With bridgemaker we must be careful.

you can jump through the bridge (upward).
For downward, don't make it go sharply down cus risk of falls.

View PostZaxtor, on 02 October 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

With bridgemaker we must be careful.

you can jump through the bridge (upward).
For downward, don't make it go sharply down cus risk of falls.

Say Zaxt can you tell me what the switch at the top of the BridgeMaker's room does ?
I didn't see anything special it could have done :/

Also could you give me one more small hint for the Cyan Gem please ^^ ?
I've reached "Incarcerated" for my feedback run, I hope this is the right level >_>

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 02 October 2017 - 10:41 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Switch on top opens the door (floor).

Cyan Gem not too far from the end of the level.
Is in a large room with cylindrical pillars behind meshes.

has platforms and water.
technically the last big room of the level,

is in Level 8 aka Incarcerated.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 02 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

Hey I have reached this place in "Incarceration" >> Attached Image: duke0000.png

And I completely forgot what I was supposed to do next x_x There's no switch or anything here (apart from the add-on), and the teleporter takes me back to the previous room with no indication >_>

Help please ^^ ?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

You refer to that shield?
to that small room?

View PostZaxtor, on 05 October 2017 - 06:55 AM, said:

You refer to that shield?
to that small room?

The room.
I forgot what I have to do in order to carry on with the level.

The Shield I remembered how to deal with it no worries, it's the room that I'm worried about >_>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Did you open the red doors in the part not far from where you are,

part close has a door you must press a button and hurry to the door before it closes and then there is a staircase with a red door half up stairs.
if you go upstairs there are supercomputers almost completely underwater.
Right before the white slope stair to the part that goes under the steelmill level.

View PostZaxtor, on 05 October 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

Did you open the red doors in the part not far from where you are,

part close has a door you must press a button and hurry to the door before it closes and then there is a staircase with a red door half up stairs.
if you go upstairs there are supercomputers almost completely underwater.
Right before the white slope stair to the part that goes under the steelmill level.

I remember now, first time I played I had found such a door but cliped through it because I had found it was abusive but I didn't find that this time around O_o

Instead I simply missed a jump in one of the corridors with holes and stumbled across and area I didn't explore and I ended up where you've told me, really weird >_>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I see

User is offline   Polunka 

Well, I understand my question here may sorta catch you off guard, but have you even considered making an installation pack for this mod? I think many people who are yet to encounter your mod will be very grateful since if you provide it packaged along with a simple installation executable, that will drastically decrease the potential download time (I think the zip should now be hosted at Mikko's site but nevertheless).

I wonder why no one has asked this yet. It occurred to me way earlier than now, actually, but I was busy with other stuff.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 07 October 2017 - 04:13 AM

View PostPolunka, on 07 October 2017 - 04:10 AM, said:

Well, I understand my question here may sorta catch you off guard, but have you even considered making an installation pack for this mod? I think many people who are yet to encounter your mod will be very grateful since if you provide it packaged along with a simple installation executable, that will drastically decrease the potential download time (I think the zip should now be hosted at Mikko's site but nevertheless).

I wonder why no one has asked this yet. It occurred to me way earlier than now, actually, but I was busy with other stuff.

I suppose people are just used to mods being packed for "manual installation" for long enough not to think of installation packs :/

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Dunno how to make an installation pack, never made one in my life.
Besides the V2 (once finished) will not require to redownload the textures pack.
Texture pack is up to date.
Only confile. grp file that's all.

Music and sounds, no need to redownload either

Hey hey ! Feedback Time !

Second level. BTW up until the 4th or 5th level I made my feedback out of memory but starting from the 5th or 6th level I have written them while playing the levels because they became too long and too hard to remember decently. Also some levels being VERY long I may submit them either under "Spoiler" banners or in 2 parts, we will see >_> ...

Secret Launching Bay :
--------------------------------

Last snow themed level, sad sad ... Anyway out of the three it's my second favorite. for starters I just love how the first wolverine we see talks (the one alone on the lake), especially when he's "it's somewhere ... lying around ..." with its old peasant's voice ^^ Anyway the first puzzles with the shack and fuses was fun, just got lucky to find the electric fuse in a corner somewhere and it's picked up automatically because it's quite easy to miss, unlike the door's Powercell it's not placed on an evident place. Also at first it's a bit confusing those stories of fuse because one talks about the fuse for dynamite, another talks about the fuse for the Fusebox ... and there's one that mentions a container containing (lol lol) a bomb for a core we actually never see (and if it's the one in that "Core" level that cured me then it's really too far fetched!) ... And finally sneaky harmful bits of the ceiling falling on your face, nicely done but may feel frustrating to some people (especially when you see how semi-random it seems to be). Anyway onto the first set of caves, quite nice with the frozen water and walls, easy to navigate and the first boss ! Well nothing too exiting about it since it's just a buffed up trooper with a surprising special attack, ain't as easy as it may sound when you're not aware, it's kinda the problem when making bosses out of pre-existing enemies, they are a bit limited and it's hard to make them more special, speaking of "special" I really like the special music for that boss and some others, it's actually my favorite boss theme in the game ! Then after a small reference to Duke and being afraid by earthquakes nothing special to report ... a stroll in the forest and some other galleries (with a neatly hidden secret), I'd say that part of the forest isn't as pretty as the one in the first portions of the levels and up to the small ship. But the visuals of the forest still have their charm kicking and appeal to me. Now about the main deal of the level, the base itself. It doesn't look that big from the outside but there's definitely more than meets the eye. This is really where we start going in the thick of Zaxtor's special mapping and mechanics (with enemies spawning to lead you to the next place for instance among many) even though it remains tame, after all it's just supposed to be only the second level. The base's layout is a bit more cramped up than the building from the first level but it's just as detailed and coherent. And also more technology based than the previous (logic since it's a launch base). Both nice and non-nice to see those blue thing filled corridors like AMC's Jungle Base (even though I don't like it I'm always pleased to see something familiar (as long as it's not traumatizing (it's fairly known that humans fear the uncanny))). Also I don't really understand the platforming section in one of the numbered doors in the dark area after those blue energy tubes, because it almost feels like it's an unfinished room while the base seems definitely finished, it feels a bit like the room's platforming section is a bit ""forced"" in the level. At least it's not hard, even though there's one jump when going back out that may seem impossible while it really is thanks to sprite-made platforms ... I managed to make it on my first try so I suppose it's a good indication (maybe I played too much Oblivion in the past >_>). Then when we go down to the boss I kinda like the huge staircase with all the platforms as if it were one huge vertical warehouse. On my first try I didn't understand how it was built because I had fallen on the side, beyond the safety grates, but when you venture through it normally it all becomes clear. Although it's really dark, it's too bad the night-vision goggles are real junk (unlike in AMC) because it would have been of a big help here, on my first try I tried using them but it was just the same as not using them ... Then comes our first real boss. It's a bit weird in it's conception but I've seen worse. It's a good thing that the blue "eye" is easily distinguishable from all the white closed ones because it would have been hard otherwise. And for a first major boss it feels like the absence of the slayer wouldn't be too troublesome, except maybe near the end with those poles that shoot rockets ... Also nice to provide us with one Medkit before, during AND after the boss ! It almost feels too generous. Once it's defeated the only problem is noticing the ULTRA IMPORTANT ship's key ... super easy to miss, and it's all the more problematic when you know that the boss's door can perpetually close down and trap you if you're roaming around the room too much. And then when we go back up to see that huge ship launch I suppose it can be quite misleading for people who have no memory (almost like me) since, yes we are told about it but still, we must go back to the ship in the forest and in my last playthrough I started to think that it's quite far from the base, and there's no enemy or anything suggesting that you'd have to backtrack that far. But actually it's the ONLY ship we ever saw and it's quite apparent that the base doesn't have docking bays for ships and, even without taking these into account, whenever we are stuck one of our main reflexes is to backtrack as far as we can so I guess in the end there was no need for further indication other than that simple message. And the cockpit of the ship serving as a nuke button is just like in Oblivion so I got that reflex of pressing "use" on the panel without asking myself any question.
Now a word about the music of the level. It's quite nice, it's a more serious and oppressing ambient then the other level but it's still fitting and doing its job. I just don't really like the first half of the tack with the incantatory "oh"s and "ah"s which are a bit too stressed in my opinion but it's just a matter of taste, half-way through the track and I like it more up to the end.

Conclusion: well it's a good way to end the snow theme IMO, and also nice to say goodbye to those iced up objects (so tedious to break them free). Level is about the same length as the first one, it's just feeling more linear than the first level and very VERY slightly mazey with the dead ends in the forest. And the base being a bit more cramped up than the building of the first level is just a good bit of variety. Also the puzzle with the fuse and the ship's key is already a sign that special objects like those are going to get more common in the future. In overall I'd say it's a good way to conclude the "introduction" to the game, a bit as if the next level is where everything will start for real (especially when you know that the four fifths of the game are going to take place on Trequonia (logic with the name)). It kinda introduces a bit everything the mod has in a way, special objects, upgrades, platforming, puzzles, backtracking and all, and all ...... all in a reasonable way and with a relatively constant level of difficulty. Personally apart from the secret level (and more specifically certain portions of it) the hardest moment of the first 2 levels IMO is that dark staircase leading to the boss of this level, because of the dark and all those Pigcops you can barely see. Although those corridors with blue barriers are kinda hard too. Also, and lastly, that level, because of the more cramped up building, was a good opportunity to put the Orb of Power upgrade to the test and it really confirmed my first impressions that it's kinda meh. In terms of raw power it's not enough of a boost IMO and since we can easily harm ourselves with it then you can no longer stunlock troopers against a wall, a very handy trick against the dark blue ones for instance. It's too bad we can't disable that upgrade because the fact it can one-shot Pigcops alike is already a thing. The fact it's forcefully applied and activated forever is troublesome in any regards anyway IMO, I'm now questioning if it was really worth going through all the trouble of the secret galleries in the secret level ...

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Thx for your reviews.

Blue eye boss is easy to dodge, it only shoot rocket toward the eye when it closes eye and open else where.
Doesn't shoot nonstop.

Boss door that closes and "Trap" you was an unoticed bug, now fixed.
Never hit me tho,.

When large ship launches it gives you a message to head to the small one.
" You must head to the small ship."

View PostZaxtor, on 07 October 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

Thx for your reviews.

Blue eye boss is easy to dodge, it only shoot rocket toward the eye when it closes eye and open else where.
Doesn't shoot nonstop.

Boss door that closes and "Trap" you was an unoticed bug, now fixed.
Never hit me tho,.

When large ship launches it gives you a message to head to the small one.
" You must head to the small ship."

Okay ^^

BTW in my feedback playthrough thanks to the BridgeMaker I've been able to find an Orb of Shield, but it doesn't seem to work O_o
I turn it on and nothing happens, no special effect, no nothing. And it's kinda the same for the Orb of Invincibility from 3rd Secret Level, it says "You become Temporarily invincible" but I still sustain damage and die ...

Do you think it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong ?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Orb of shield you must use your claw to spawn it.

Orb of invincibility
Still sustain damage from??
On the site it says it protect from nearly everything except falls, crushing, spikes, most melee attacks.

View PostZaxtor, on 07 October 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

Orb of shield you must use your claw to spawn it.

Orb of invincibility
Still sustain damage from??
On the site it says it protect from nearly everything except falls, crushing, spikes, most melee attacks.

Well I've just tested the Shield while using the claw and it still didn't do anything ;/

As for Invincibility I tested it at the end of "Out of this Dimension" with the big white spheres that explode and despite activating the Orb they still dealt damage to me and pushed me off platforms. I also remember that first time I faced the final boss (before it glitched out) I tried the Orb and the boss still dealt damage to me.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

White spheres are other monsters that can still hit you.

what kind of glitch out on the final boss?
Btw did you make sure the shield orb was switched on?

You turn it on.
First claw shot might do nothing.
2nd one will launch shield.

I tested in lv8, works fine

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 08 October 2017 - 02:22 AM

View PostZaxtor, on 08 October 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

White spheres are other monsters that can still hit you.

what kind of glitch out on the final boss?
Btw did you make sure the shield orb was switched on?

You turn it on.
First claw shot might do nothing.
2nd one will launch shield.

I tested in lv8, works fine

I did everything I could and nothing works. Only the Orb of Health works normally, the other two no matter what I do do nothing. The Shield can remain ON forever I'll never be protected. Invincibility gives the effect and message but I still take damage no matter what.

The final boss glitch was the one I mentioned long ago with it not spawning the ball with symbols and remaining motionless.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Shield has an expiration.
it stays on for several seconds and then disappears.

So which level you tried to use?

The ball glitch thing is fixed for next release.
has a fail safe.

So means if the boss doesn't spawn one for like 20 seconds or so, it will "cancel its sleep mode" and appear without spawning a symbol ball.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

You take damage from what?

Those orbs in the end of the level hits you no matter what.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

PS for the shield if it doesn't work when is on.
Try to switch to any guns and switch back to claw and use.

(I fixed that issues) so you can launch the shield without having to switch,
While using (any weaps) shooting once and then Switching it back to claw will auto cancel shield so you don't have to wait to make a new one

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 08 October 2017 - 04:06 AM

User is offline   TheCultist 

Guys, how can I proceed in Secret Sector? I managed to get here: https://imgur.com/a/jaqll
(Second picture shows what's behind me)
I can see an atomic health pickup far away.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Atomic health far (very tiny) is a secret spot.

Spoiler

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options