Duke4.net Forums: Trequonia mod [RELEASED] - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trequonia mod [RELEASED]  "Downloadable link."

View PostTheCultist, on 30 September 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

Level 5 is insane. Way too many times going inside computers. Especially with that computer liztroop that kills me every time. Any tips?
Also I didn't find the bridge maker addon, can I find it in this level (Control Base)?

Some bugs that I encountered:

Game tends to crash if you reload your save often during "inside CPU" sequences, sometimes it crashes if you die soon after you got out of the CPU/computer (when you're teleported back).
Kill count is broken sometimes. (it says you killed everyone when you clearly haven't)
Squish message repeats forever after an enemy killed himself using a door.

You can permanently disable CPU troopers by using the Virus and the Protective Gloves on the HUGE data cube, however you must find a secret in order to find the red keycard that leads there.

In the mean time you can only stop them by crushing them with a door but you'll get "squish" spammed forever. When outside I suggest you machingun them and push them off platforms, and when you go outside be quick.

The Bridge Maker is not in this level, You must find the Secret Level Entry HERE though. It's a puzzle involving a red door near the beginning (unlocked at the end I imagine), the power cells you see around the level and more CPU phases. (the secret exit to the Bridge Maker is behind another red door next to the big door with the iron bars).

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 30 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Squish forever is those green liztroop stuck in the door.

To disable those green perma.

Spoiler

PS
I never had crash issues

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 30 September 2017 - 11:59 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

btw protective gloves is to not get a shock when you disable the high voltage wire that controls the malfunctioning radioactive tube in the radiation filled room.

Salutations !!

It's feedback time, part deux ! This time we tackle the first secret level which is something to be reckoned with >_>
Let's go :

Secret Arctic Forest :
-----------------------

Okay, there are many nicknames I could give to this level such as "Secret Arctic Laggadise", because the outdoor area's forest is sooooo thick compared to the previous level that I can drop down to 20 or 17FPS regularly O_o So that level has the same pretty snow theme that is well used so I'm not going to go back on that. HOWEVER that level is a frozen hell ! Because of TWO FULL networks of cramped up galleries to explore, not just one ! And you must diligently go through the first one because if you happen to miss the Yellow Keycard you're pretty much screwed even though it's not the hardest thing to do. Actually the level is Hell depending on what you wish to do, if you just want to find the exit then only finding the yellow keycard will be problematic (and yet it's not the most problematic to find) and once you'll have found it along with its door then you'll be already out of trouble (lucky you !). HOWEVER if like me you want to explore as much as you can then you're on for ONE HELL of a test ! Those 2 networks of galleries are so cramped up and devoid of clear differentiation between the paths within them that absolutely everything looks the same (and it's not even an exaggeration or overstatement) ! It's a huge test for your senses of orientation and observation ESPECIALLY IF you want to find secret. On my preparation for the feedback I found 8 secrets out of the normal 10 (since one is a fake) and even though I was happy and satisfied, at the end I was like "DAMN It's FINALLY OVER !" At least it was worth the trouble. Finding the Lv1 Self Repairing Armor is alone totally worth the trouble, I also found the Orb of Power (thanks to accidentally surviving a drop that should have killed me (which put my orientation sense to an even bigger test because of being kinda lost because of it)) and I suppose it was worth the trouble but for the few I witnessed of it it's kinda meh, feels disposable but it's always nice to have it for completion's sake. The level does have some impressive visuals to it though, the open area's forest in itself is as impressive as the previous level's, and there are a few places in the galleries (especially in the second one with lava and/or thicker Ice) so it's still that going for the level's name. For a first secret level I'd say it's really harsh because of the HUGE orientation test it represents ! even if the reward is worth the trouble IMO. All things considered I don't really enjoy that level because of the galleries and difficulty it houses. Speaking of which my major complaint is the fact that I consider it's kinda too soon to encounter Grey and Purple Enforcers and Battlelords, I even came across a Rogue Enforcer for crying out loud ! The Particle Gun with the Pink Gem is not enough to face all that ! Fortunately as a compensation the level is kinda generous on Atomic Healths and Medkits, especially in the trial leading to the Orb Of Power in which you sustain damage all the time. Also at the end with the sliding section it's really hard to spot the pits because of how fast it goes and it's practically impossible to go through it without taking fall damage and I never like semi-mandatory damage but at least I found a new secret at the end of that section that negated it so in the end I guess it's okay ... Finally about the music ... Although I like the track,because it's kinda fitting since it's a snow level theme in the game it comes from in the first place, I'd say that the level, because of its nature with the galleries, makes the track progressively unbearable because it drags on for way too long for that music not to invade and munch down on your wits over time ! Also one last thing that is both good and bad : the TabMap it VERY useful when in the forest because you can super easily see where you're going and differentiate dead-ends from ... "life ends" ? And since there's not a lot of enemies in there it's fine, and I run at more than 60FPS in map mode so I can definitely not spit on that ^^ HOWEVER once you're inside the galleries the map becomes plain useless because of how the galleries overlap themselves. Especially the second and secret one which goes SOOOOOOOOOOO DEEP that the map becomes unreadable once you uncover the secret gallery (as if it weren't already hard to read with the normal galleries alone).
Once again I would like to say more but unlike the previous level it's because that level has too much of a """""""simple"""""" structure to develop constructively on it.

Conclusion : I have a hard time enjoying that level just because of the networks of galleries because they're tedious to navigate and make the level drag on for longer than necessary. However I don't "hate" that level not only because it's definitely feasible, and it's actually the most feasible secret level of the bunch, and I always kinda enjoy the beginning despite the lags, and I always like the battlelord behind ice that acts almost as a small jumpscare. Also at least I kinda never get stuck because I have the fortune to have a good sense of orientation, when in the networks of galleries I tend to proceed non-stop and on my most recent playthrough I managed to make semi-optimized runs and was going to end my suffering quickly (until I accidentally fell into A FREAKING THIRD network of hell while I should have died instead). But I'm pretty sure that somebody who doesn't have good orientation and patience is going to want to abandon everything (I may be exaggerating though this time). Either way despite how I don't like that level I still consider that it's worth the trouble and it's not a bad level in the end, it just suffers from its nature on the enjoyment side.

Next week we'll resume to normality with the (not really) Secret Launching Bay.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 01 October 2017 - 12:33 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Fake secret was fixed.

Thx for your reviews.
The secret level is like an ultimate challenge to get the pearl. also the regen armor etc.

level can be relatively short if we find the yellow card and reach the end.
Exploring whole thing is huge,

User is offline   TheCultist 

What about this room? I can just go through the tripmines and unlock door 6 at the terminal but I get killed after that. I guess somehow you should drop from above, thus avoiding the first set of lasers? Or disable all of them altogether somewhere else first?
https://imgur.com/a/V5NqQ

User is offline   Apiai 

I can't enter azOn club anymore, in level 4 (Big City)
I restart the level and i don't have the text message that tells me to go to the club. What is the exact trigger to have the message ?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

You pass when laser dims.
Laser that stays on you must find a switch to press to (dim some lasers permanently) to pass.

As for the azOn club.

Once you picked up the texting device, you goto the azOn club.
What triggers the message once you picked up the thing you go pass the RV, the player will say he is lost and the mutualfriend will talk.

PS
azOn club never locks once is opens.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 01 October 2017 - 04:04 AM

View PostZaxtor, on 01 October 2017 - 04:03 AM, said:

You pass when laser dims.
Laser that stays on you must find a switch to press to (dim some lasers permanently) to pass.

EDIT: Found it

This post has been edited by TheCultist: 01 October 2017 - 04:44 AM

User is offline   Apiai 

I don't remember where i pick up the texting device first :/

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Texting device drops from the bar owner that we kill.

Hey Zaxtor can I have a few hints on where to find the Cyan Gem for the slot 7 gun ?

I'd like to have something about it in my feedbacks, I just hope I'm not already too far >_>

BTW thank you for your comments ^^

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Cyan Gem is somewhere in level 8.

Where can I find something to open that door in Control Base ("unpassable door with the bars"). MutualFriend told me to check the supplies room which I did and found the metal block thing, but I don't think that's it, is it? Also is he talking about the door that just closed in my face (when you enter room 6) or about the iron bars in door 2 (Delta area)?

This post has been edited by TheCultist: 01 October 2017 - 06:53 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

metal block is in the same room where you get those protective gloves.
Metal block is
Spoiler

User is offline   Apiai 

View PostZaxtor, on 01 October 2017 - 05:34 AM, said:

Texting device drops from the bar owner that we kill.

This drives me crazy, i can't find the bar either :'(

View PostApiai, on 01 October 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:

This drives me crazy, i can't find the bar either :'(

I believe the bar is located between the Azon club and that weird Pyramid like building, it's not far from some devastator ammo ... It's fairly hidden, just try to go between buildings in the lower half of the city

View PostZaxtor, on 01 October 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

metal block is in the same room where you get those protective gloves.
Metal block is
Spoiler

I already know that, I had the protective gloves already, I even noticed the metal block earlier but I couldn't pick it up because it was useless then (but I kept in mind where it is, I suspected it'll be useful later)
My question is, what to do with it? Jam which door? I don't see any hole in this door.

View PostTheCultist, on 01 October 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

I already know that, I had the protective gloves already, I even noticed the metal block earlier but I couldn't pick it up because it was useless then (but I kept in mind where it is, I suspected it'll be useful later)
My question is, what to do with it? Jam which door? I don't see any hole in this door.

It's the huge door with bars behind it, you open the door with a switch located under it. You close the door and press "use" at the bottom left corner of it and it should work, open again and you can proceed.

BTW the secret level for the Bridge Maker is behind the red door on the right in that very room.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 01 October 2017 - 07:22 AM

User is offline   Apiai 

Thanks DragonLiner, i've found it ^^

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 01 October 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

It's the huge door with bars behind it, you open the door with a switch located under it. You close the door and press "use" at the bottom left corner of it and it should work, open again and you can proceed.

BTW the secret level for the Bridge Maker is behind the red door on the right in that very room.

Thanks, that was it. The problem was that it was already open and I was trying to use the metal block without hitting the switch to close it first.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

That door trick where we jam the block was a pretty hard trick to do and program.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 01 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

Ok, so I found that room, I need powercell 1 and 3 but I have no idea where they are. I inserted powercell 2 in its place.

View PostTheCultist, on 01 October 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

Ok, so I found that room, I need powercell 1 and 3 but I have no idea where they are. I inserted powercell 2 in its place.

One is on one of the precarious walkways not far from the room where you use the Powercells, one is in the Laboratory in the first building (or second ?) from the begining of the level still not far from where you use the cells, one is in the Storeroom where you found the Iron Bar.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 01 October 2017 - 09:54 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Powercell of you refer to lv5.
They are for secret level.

Ok, so I found the secret exit in Control Base (for Secret Sector level) (thanks TheDragonLiner for your help), so I could just go there but I want to destroy the CPU core/cube in this level first. I need to find the red keycard and a way to get to the huge CPU (I can see a red door when dropping from above but I don't see it when I fell all the way down). May I have some help (again) finding this secret?
Another thing that I want to ask, after you finish a secret level, does it change to the next level or do you miss a level? For example, let's say I finish level 5 (Control Base) and exit to the secret level (Secret Sector). After I finish Secret Sector, will the game change my level to Army Headquarters? I want to be sure I don't miss anything while using a secret exit instead of the regular exit.
Also, if I disable the green liztroop forever, will it affect future levels? I mean, do changes like these (in general) continue on your future savefiles? Or let's say I find the bridge maker addon, will I still have that on every further level?

I forgot to mention this bug (I think, not sure if it's on purpose or a bug) during my earlier times playing this level (I'm not longer at that stage in the level so don't get confused). If you touch the wall where my crosshair is aiming at, it opens the door upstairs:
https://imgur.com/a/hR4Aj

This post has been edited by TheCultist: 02 October 2017 - 08:37 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

You enter the red door.
Not far from the beginning of the level inside the place with the stair case near the door with the corridor to the room to open the lab.

You enter red door, fall on top of the comp tower head.
Then you go infront of all the face of the cube, inject the virus into it.

Disabling green lizard effects all of them, even in next levels.

The door up there.
Are you sure is not a mob that openned it or you press space on the wall.
Pressing space on a wall with a door above, opens it.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 02 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

View PostTheCultist, on 02 October 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

Ok, so I found the secret exit in Control Base (for Secret Sector level) (thanks TheDragonLiner for your help), so I could just go there but I want to destroy the CPU core/cube in this level first. I need to find the red keycard and a way to get to the huge CPU (I can see a red door when dropping from above but I don't see it when I fell all the way down). May I have some help (again) finding this secret?
Another thing that I want to ask, after you finish a secret level, does it change to the next level or do you miss a level? For example, let's say I finish level 5 (Control Base) and exit to the secret level (Secret Sector). After I finish Secret Sector, will the game change my level to Army Headquarters? I want to be sure I don't miss anything while using a secret exit instead of the regular exit.
Also, if I disable the green liztroop forever, will it affect future levels? I mean, do changes like these (in general) continue on your future savefiles? Or let's say I find the bridge maker addon, will I still have that on every further level?

I forgot to mention this bug (I think, not sure if it's on purpose or a bug) during my earlier times playing this level (I'm not longer at that stage in the level so don't get confused). If you touch the wall where my crosshair is aiming at, it opens the door upstairs:
https://imgur.com/a/hR4Aj

I'm not sure what I can add to Zaxtor's reply so I'll risk reapeating with my own answer.

There's a secret with the building where there's a Purple Sphere, instead of going down to hit go UP, you'll find a vent and enter a room full of CPU troopers, hit a switch which will unlock access to the red access card, with which you'll be able to reach the huge data cube on which you must fall in order to use the virus.

Yes doing that will disable ALL CPU troopers of the entire game !

As for the Secret Level, know that it remains connected to the end of the regular level. Basically you can exit to Military Bases anytime ! Once you find the Bridge Maker just backtrack all the way to the regular level's exit and carry on.
HOWEVER know that there's a secret level in "Incarcerated" and this one however will make you bypass the regular level up to Still Mill direclty, and this secret level will have some consequences on future levels (namely enemies replaced by stronger variants.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Secret level in incarcerated had a little mistake that is fixed for the V2 release.
Dunno why it occured at the first place.

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 02 October 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

I'm not sure what I can add to Zaxtor's reply so I'll risk reapeating with my own answer.

There's a secret with the building where there's a Purple Sphere, instead of going down to hit go UP, you'll find a vent and enter a room full of CPU troopers, hit a switch which will unlock access to the red access card, with which you'll be able to reach the huge data cube on which you must fall in order to use the virus.

Yes doing that will disable ALL CPU troopers of the entire game !

As for the Secret Level, know that it remains connected to the end of the regular level. Basically you can exit to Military Bases anytime ! Once you find the Bridge Maker just backtrack all the way to the regular level's exit and carry on.
HOWEVER know that there's a secret level in "Incarcerated" and this one however will make you bypass the regular level up to Still Mill direclty, and this secret level will have some consequences on future levels (namely enemies replaced by stronger variants.

Is this the purple sphere you're talking about? https://imgur.com/a/3oy8x
If so, I don't see any way to get up inside this building :rolleyes:

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options