Duke4.net Forums: Brutal Blood - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brutal Blood

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The question asked by the OP has been answered accurately by Hendricks266 (the answer is: not for the foreseeable future). Further clarification can be sought from M210 if desired. The OP has left the thread, and now we are completely off topic. If there is a continued argument about whether the various people in this thread are dicks and to what degree they are dicks, then that would be sufficient reason to lock the thread.

I see where you're coming from. Blood is far from as well known as Doom, so any impact such a mod would have on the game's reputation if it went viral would be far greater...

My view on this, is that Doom has never been in bad light because of Brutal Doom. Even when the programmer chose to use RL gibs at some point.
I'd actually be happy that a mod would go viral, good or bad, it would bring attention to Blood and might even revive the IP.

My real question is does Blood really need more gore?
I mean you can get pretty god-damn brutal already with the TNT, flare gun, napalm launcher and both barrels of the double shotty. You can play head soccer.Does it really need *more* ?

No it doesn't. Would it be cool? IMO, yes.
Instead of a hellhound just laying on it's side after being blown by TNT, having some dismemberment etc, would be more immersive.

Some gore is really good already in Blood, but in Brutal Doom I really like how you can:
-throw grenades in a doorway, see the blood explosion come out of the doorway => guess that room is partially clear now
-when done taking on a horde, everything is silent but the whole room is bloody, blood dripping from the low ceiling, you can even hear it

Also, the whole stealing other peoples works, thing. Get permission, ask, be a decent person. All of the old school FPS communities are filled with very giving and talented folks. There's no need to be poaching assets without asking first.

Stealing other peoples work is not done. Using the name Brutal here in this topic, was merely to give an example of what I meant.
Earlier I said I don't care if a mod like this for Blood would be called Brutal.
I don't care because I won't make the mod. If I would, I'd never rip of a name like that..

View PostPhredreeke, on 12 September 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

I had actually not played Brutal Doom before, I downloaded and played through the first episode.

If you kinda like that, try Brutal Doom - Hell on Earth Starter Pack

This post has been edited by MariusArmand: 12 September 2017 - 11:28 PM

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Did I nail it?

User is offline   leilei 

i imagine brutal blood would be the same but with more edginess, some black fingerless gloves and lots of stolen sprites, bright colorful dynamic lights and fire sprites shoehorned in every place as "hd enhancement", with Caleb's language getting an "upgrade" and very overdriven distorted "realistic" sound because fuck ears. . and kids wanting attention repacking it for piracy because "blood its free abandon ware brutal free blood's totaly legal wb dont own brutel blood pls like and sucburibe my channel so i can get monney for my hard work makeing this old scool modern retro firt persons hooter" because shamelessly mooching off others' effort for quick personal fame has been the new normal since third-party Garry's Mod addon communities (i.e. no authorization check + control) flourished...

This post has been edited by leilei: 13 September 2017 - 02:41 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Hmm... I can't tell for sure but it seems Leilei is a little frustrated at what the gaming community has become.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 13 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

User is offline   petrus 

leilei: Don't be a negative Nancy, Brutal Doom, Brutal Doom 64, thank god for SGt Mark IV!
Nothing in recent history brought more people back into Doom & modding than Brutal Doom.

And he keeps going, and going, check out his latest dev diary, showing water physics:

I would even count the fact that he isn't a complete cuck, in his favor.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

The amount of modability added is amazing.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View Postpetrus, on 14 September 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

thank god for SGt Mark IV!

Yeah, be thankful for some asshole who steals work, doesn't give credit, and leaves racist comments in his source code.

Or don't. :)

User is offline   Maisth 

This whole thread has changed his subject from going to answering a simple question to discussing Brutal Doom

On the subject about Sgt mark IV i don't think he deserves all the credit for Brutal doom , there's a lot of people who worked on the project and they don't get enough credit for it, and i know sgt mark its a douche i mean the whole Doom community has been going that way of becoming more douche over the years

There was a split on Doom scene but it's in common sense that quantity < quality and new people that were lured by BD stay that way or go decorate/scritps/tons of stuff/cheap effects/huge pk3 with tons of copied content realm667/junkware/othergames/custom monsters instead of paying more interest of what whole thing is about. Because of that tons of people left doom scene more than cheap crowd joined but I'd say that there's still place for quality vanilla/boom/limit removing/modern addons not only that newish junk and they are refined with care even for Edge, GZDoom, not just strict orthodox vanilla DOS-esque.

As for BD I still play it from time to time but this isn't the only or best gameplay mod in the world and for sure not the best experience, it's the addons and for ex. Project Brutality that make difference.

This post has been edited by HenitoKisou: 19 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

What's the fuss about Brutal Doom anyway? It's not bad, but from what I see on the internet it's very overrated, there are way better Doom mods, some of these can be considered as stand alone games even.

Also

View PostTerminX, on 19 September 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

and leaves racist comments in his source code.

You're saying this like it's a bad thing. :) However, this is unusual to leave something like that in source code, I give you that, though this is still amusing.

Spoiler

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMaisth, on 19 September 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

This whole thread has changed his subject from going to answering a simple question to discussing Brutal Doom

Good point; maybe we should close the thread because the question has been answered and the desired result isn't currently possible. :)

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Unless someone wants to resurrect BloodCM :) Sure, it has it's inaccuracies but a Brutal mod is going to deviate from the original anyway.

User is offline   Dzierzan 

The main question is: Is actually someone willing to make any bigger mods (not addons) for Blood? Sometimes I am thinking about learning a bit CON scripting myself (that's how M210 wants to make BloodGDX moddable, but it's not set in stone yet). I wouldn't mind trying to make Blood more gorier, as a matter of fact I like how Brutal Doom 64 is made and it doesn't have a lot of useless features which you forget about.

Enhanced Blood is probably something which people could try and could bring attention.

User is offline   RPD Guy 

Hey gringos! Brutal is good. Brutal is highly healthy. Brutal make you stronger.

This post has been edited by RPD Guy: 13 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Why in the FUCK would there need to be a brutal blood? The game is already graphic enough and perfect as is. Doesn't need to be buttfucked.

User is offline   Devon 

Those who want a Brutal blood mod can play it, and those who wanna make it can.

I will stick to the original game as it is perfect when it comes to gore and guts.

User is offline   Manhs 

View PostTristan, on 13 October 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

Why in the FUCK would there need to be a brutal blood? The game is already graphic enough and perfect as is. Doesn't need to be buttfucked.

So true, it could be just an useless exaggeration.

This post has been edited by Manhs: 18 October 2017 - 02:02 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options