Duke4.net Forums: The dream car thread. - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The dream car thread.  "Gearheads get in here!"

User is offline   juvenite 

I'm bumping this thread too.

McLaren F1 is one of my favorites, as well as 2001 Dodge Viper.

McLaren

Posted Image

Viper

Posted Image

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

The Lexus LC500 earned a spot in my garage today.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Bumping this thread, because I've been recently dreaming about cars again. These are the cars I'd own right now if I could.

Daily Driver Sports Car:

Tesla Model S Performance
0-60 in 2.4 s

I've fallen in love with electric cars ever since I drove a friend's Tesla that went 0-60 in 2.7 seconds. The electric motor in the Model S provides hypercar performance in an otherwise unassuming looking car.

Posted Image

Enthusiast Sports Car:

Ferrari SF90
0-60 in 2.5 s

Ferrari's brand new supercar that mates electric power with a gasoline engine. While there are more elite options for hybrid super cars like the 918, P1, or LaFerrari, I am in love with this car because it's marketed as a non-exclusive production car with an excellent price for it's class ($500,000). The aforementioned halo cars are much more expensive, rarer, and frankly scary to drive. (And even if you have the money, a dealer won't sell them to you unless you're invited).

Posted Image
Posted Image

I would only own these 2 sports cars. Because I know I'd actually drive them.

This post has been edited by Radar 100 Watts: 23 November 2019 - 11:36 AM

God this thread is old as fuck. I've had a 2004 Mustang GT 5spd convertible for over 7 years now, lol.

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 23 November 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Bumping this thread, because I've been recently dreaming about cars again. These are the cars I'd own right now if I could.

Daily Driver Sports Car:

Tesla Model S Performance
0-60 in 2.4 s

I've fallen in love with electric cars ever since I drove a friend's Tesla that went 0-60 in 2.7 seconds. The electric motor in the Model S provides hypercar performance in an otherwise unassuming looking car.

Posted Image

Enthusiast Sports Car:

Ferrari SF90
0-60 in 2.5 s

Ferrari's brand new supercar that mates electric power with a gasoline engine. While there are more elite options for hybrid super cars like the 918, P1, or LaFerrari, I am in love with this car because it's marketed as a non-exclusive production car with an excellent price for it's class ($500,000). The aforementioned halo cars are much more expensive, rarer, and frankly scary to drive. (And even if you have the money, a dealer won't sell them to you unless you're invited).

Posted Image
Posted Image

I would only own these 2 sports cars. Because I know I'd actually drive them.

That Ferrari is fucking disgusting. Rolling boxes of computers with "high tech" crap that disconnect you from the machine. Go rock an old F40 or Testarossa with a proper manual transmission.

I refuse to get rid of my Mustang because I have a cable clutch, top loading shifter (no linkage), CABLE THROTTLE (When I move my foot THE ENGINE DOES EXACTLY WHAT I TELL IT TO DO), hydraulic assist power steering and delicious hydroboosted brakes. You've got a computer for the engine, a computer for ABS/traction control, and a body control module with a killer anti-theft system. Everything in the car can be read with a $50 scan tool (Including ABS). Airbag codes flash on the instrument cluster - no scan tool needed. One of the last vehicles built without CANBUS.

That Ferrari will always be property of Ferrari. Independent mechanics can't service it. You can't service it. You will never own the machine - hence why modern cars are trash.

That said, I would absolutely LEASE a Tesla if I was rich. I wouldn't buy one though. It's (arguably) the best A to B car on the market so it gets a pass, since it's a REALLY nice utility item. Modern supercars can fuck off, though.

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 25 November 2019 - 03:01 PM

Daily reminder: When we first started building computers into cars in the 1980's, THEY WERE HELPING US. First came better reliability and performance (EFI vs carburetors). Then came convenience features (Trip computers, digital guages).

The final act? DIAGNOSTICS.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostPerson of Color, on 25 November 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

These are fucking disgusting. Rolling boxes of computers with "high tech" crap that disconnect you from the machine. Go rock an old F40 or Testarossa with a proper manual transmission.

Manual transmissions are slow. These companies are switching to electric because they have to. Consumers are expecting next generation performance out of these halo cars, and non-computer assisted machinery cannot deliver.

I refuse to get rid of my Mustang because I have a cable clutch, top loading shifter (no linkage), CABLE THROTTLE (When I move my foot THE ENGINE DOES EXACTLY WHAT I TELL IT TO DO), hydraulic assist power steering and delicious hydroboosted brakes. You've got a computer for the engine, a computer for ABS/traction control, and a body control module with a killer anti-theft system. Everything in the car can be read with a $50 scan tool (Including ABS). Airbag codes flash on the instrument cluster - no scan tool needed. One of the last vehicles built without CANBUS.

Ok boomer. What do you think about the new Mach-E? The new C8? Sorry man; the ground is shifting beneath our feet, and the next ZR1 will be a hybrid.

That Ferrari will always be property of Ferrari. Independent mechanics can't service it. You can't service it. You will never own the machine - hence why modern cars are trash.

LOL. You think people with F40s and Testarossas are actually servicing their own car?

This post has been edited by Radar 100 Watts: 25 November 2019 - 03:27 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

That said, I would absolutely LEASE a Tesla if I was rich. I wouldn't buy one though. It's (arguably) the best A to B car on the market so it gets a pass, since it's a REALLY nice utility item. Modern supercars can fuck off, though.

I WOULD DRIVE A MODEL S DAILY.

Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 25 November 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

Manual transmissions are slow. These companies are switching to electric because they have to. Consumers are expecting next generation performance out of these halo cars, and non-computer assisted machinery cannot deliver.

Duke Nukem Forever and Mass Effect: Andromeda were also "next generation."

Ok boomer. What do you think about the new Mach-E? The new C8? Sorry man; the ground is shifting beneath our feet, and the next ZR1 will be a hybrid.

I'll keep buying affordable classics like Buick Roadmasters and Z31 Nissan 300ZX's.

Mach-E? I'd rather have a Terminator. My favorite modern Mustang.

LOL. You think people with F40s and Testarossas are actually servicing their own car?

There are repair centers for European exotics, I live about 15 minutes away from one. Sometimes there is a Lotus Esprit out front and warm cum drips onto my leg (It then rapidly cools).

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 25 November 2019 - 07:54 PM

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 25 November 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

I WOULD DRIVE A MODEL S DAILY.

I sat in one back in 2012. They're nice. I'd rather daily (any) decent convertible, honestly. Convertible + stick + power, the Tesla is missing two of those. If the weather is 60 degrees or higher, I'm gonna have the wind in my hair and bugs in my teeth.

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 25 November 2019 - 07:59 PM

User is offline   Hank 

something I can't afford ... but cain't get out of my heart
Posted Image

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostPerson of Color, on 25 November 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

Duke Nukem Forever and Mass Effect: Andromeda were also "next generation."

Posted Image

I'll keep buying affordable classics like Buick Roadmasters and Z31 Nissan 300ZX's.

Mach-E? I'd rather have a Terminator. My favorite modern Mustang.

You know I do think they should still make bare-bones supercars to cater to the niche market. I'd love to see naturally aspirated monsters again like this one:

Spoiler

There are repair centers for European exotics, I live about 15 minutes away from one. Sometimes there is a Lotus Esprit out front and warm cum drips onto my leg (It then rapidly cools).

LOL You say this like it actually happens. Michigan is boring AF when it comes to exotics and I think I'd jizz if I saw even one Esprit.

View PostPerson of Color, on 25 November 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

I sat in one back in 2012. They're nice. I'd rather daily (any) decent convertible, honestly. Convertible + stick + power, the Tesla is missing two of those. If the weather is 60 degrees or higher, I'm gonna have the wind in my hair and bugs in my teeth.

No power? Do you even 7400 lb ft of wheel torque bro?

This post has been edited by Radar 100 Watts: 27 November 2019 - 06:28 PM

View PostRadar 100 Watts, on 27 November 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A 0-60 time of 5-5.5 seconds is the sweet spot. You can thrash it and not get in trouble.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Have: 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 crew cab 6.0l gas

Posted Image

it's okay. Gets the job done, but steers like a brick.

Want: 2013 or later Ford F350 Platinum edition crew cab 6.7l Diesel.

Posted Image

more torque, better fuel millage, can do more with the engine & transmission, & more comfortable ride.

This post has been edited by Forge: 02 December 2019 - 09:58 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Where does Doug even find these cars??? Only 22 of these were ever made!!!

The W8 has been giving me a boner for years.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Tbf I do think the Vector is a slow old fossil, and the founder treaded a fine line before rightfully being called a scammer. But I just love Doug and I think it's awesome how he could find a car that barely exists.

User is offline   Hank 

Posted Image

It's a tease image for the new Hummer - Electric.

This post has been edited by Hank: 30 January 2020 - 06:05 PM

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

Posted Image this beautiful beast of a concept car calling back to better days.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

This is my new dream car. 0-60 in 2.8 s for under $60,000? Hummina hummina.

User is offline   Hank 

not really a dream car, but - the paint job is

Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

This was my dream car when I was a little younger ...
Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

In my formative teen years, a 57 Chevy Nomad wagon was my favorite. Next was a 70 El Camino.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 57 nomad.jpg
  • Attached Image: 1970-Chevrolet-El-Camino.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark: 24 March 2022 - 10:37 AM

The Ford GT40, probably the least practical car ever made, but god damn it would be cool driving around in one.
Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

My first 1/24th scale slot car as a teen was the GT40.

User is offline   jkas789 

Atm I have a Honda City... I think 2018?

And honestly, I just want a DeLorean frens. Yeah, I'm just that much of a normie when it comes to cars.

User is offline   Mark 

Now in my "golden years" my dream car is anything reliable. :lol:

User is offline   jkas789 

My City has been surprisingly reliable and cost efficient given the price of gasoline in Mexico. I can fill 'er up around 2/3+ of the tank with 500 mexican pesos and I am good to go for a little over a month. And between me and my mom we use my car a lot.

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

https://www.canoo.com/pickup
Forward control makes a rounded comeback.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options