Duke4.net Forums: High Resolution Pack discussion and contributions - Duke4.net Forums

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

High Resolution Pack discussion and contributions

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong for the upscale sprites. I can't get them to work. I have .775 of BloodGDX. The folder structure is \Games\Blood\addition\upscale with the .def file in the addition folder.

User is offline   m210® 

I need to make bloodgdx.def in Blood directory with "include texture.def" text. Be sure, that texture.def placed in blood directory too. You can write "include "path"/texture.def" if you want to place this file in different directory

User is offline   Devon 

View PostTea Monster, on 21 August 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

I'm open for commission. Just saying.

Could i see a portfolio ? =)

User is online   Phredreeke 

the upscale directory should go in the same folder as texture.def too

View PostPhredreeke, on 10 September 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

the upscale directory should go in the same folder as texture.def too

That did it, thanks for everybody who hopped to the rescue!

This post has been edited by Wookiestick: 10 September 2017 - 08:38 AM

Ok, new release. Now with cultists, fanatics, phantasms, rats and... mimes.
Also new weapons (so far pitchfork, flare gun and shotgun) as well as some corpses, and many frames from the previous version have been updated as well.

https://files.fm/f/taqjjp22
http://www.filedropp...om/1009-upscale

As before, here's a comparison between the original and upscaled sprites

https://i.imgur.com/gVKaQz4.gif

View PostPhredreeke, on 10 September 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

Ok, new release.

Looks great, it really brings out the phantom I think.
Am I the only one who is getting a shifting color palette from green to brown on green robed cultists on the plasma pack?

it is mentioned in the included text file. It's because a tile defined with pal 0 overrides all palette variations unless they're defined separately. Since I've yet to do the dynamite throwing animation they flash green as they do so.

Enjoy!

Still makes crash the game to me in .775 and I still don't know why, now even as The Monolith logo movie ending. And .776 renamed the "Texture.def" into "Skyboxes.def" (like it should be, there was skyboxes lines only there) so the pack isn't even detected now. Also tried to put the Texture.def lines in the Skyboxes.def but nothing changes. Any idea?

Can you upload your BloodGDX.log after the game crashes? It should be found in %userprofile%\M210Projects\BloodGDX assuming you use Windows.

User is offline   J432 

View PostFantinaikos, on 11 September 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

And .776 renamed the "Texture.def" into "Skyboxes.def" (like it should be, there was skyboxes lines only there) so the pack isn't even detected now.

Put upscale folder and texture.def from 1009-upscale in Blood game folder.
Put there also files from openme folder (originaly !readme folder, it has been changed) in BloodGDX 0.776.
Edit bloodgdx.def in notepad and put there line: include texture.def

If it still does not work, try to make new installation of game, some old def files etc. could be a problem.

As I understand it Fantinaikos renamed my texture.def to skyboxes.def so it should work. I have no idea why it crashes hence I hope his bloodgdx.log would hold a clue.

An update on green cultists/ackolytes. I have figured out a way to fairly quickly recolor sprites without repeating my whole process (which I essentially did with the Fanatics)

https://gfycat.com/F...eartedGoosefish

The great irony being that now the throwing animation flashes brown instead as I have upscaled that for the regular brown cultist. :)

Apparently, the log says that it can't find neither "upscale" folder and the files, but it's a lie because the folder is in the same folder where the game it's installed as I did from the beginning. Maybe there is a line in some .ini file that say the opposite?

Error: file "upscale/tile2954t.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1348t.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1349t.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1407t.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1413t.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1414t.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1415t.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1416t.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1417t.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1595u.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1655t.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1656t.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1657t.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1658t.png" does not exist
Error: file "upscale/tile1659t.png" does not exist

User is offline   J432 

View PostPhredreeke, on 11 September 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

As I understand it Fantinaikos renamed my texture.def to skyboxes.def.

I think he means that in version of .776 M210 renamed the "Texture.def" into "Skyboxes.def".

User is offline   J432 

View PostFantinaikos, on 11 September 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Apparently, the log says that it can't find neither "upscale" folder and the files, but it's a lie because the folder is in the same folder where the game it's installed as I did from the beginning. Maybe there is a line in some .ini file that say the opposite?

Did you try to make new game installation according to my instructions?

This post has been edited by J432: 11 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

User is offline   m210® 

I just tried to launch it...it's working for me :) I added include "texture.def" to bloodgdx.def

User is offline   J432 

View PostM210, on 11 September 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

I just tried to launch it...it's working for me :) I added include "texture.def" to bloodgdx.def

Yes, if it is there everything should work fine.

View PostFantinaikos, on 11 September 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Yeah, those files don't exist (it's my sloppy DEF editing, I don't think they would cause crashing though, but just in case I've attached uploaded an edited file with the missing entries removed)

http://s000.tinyuplo...322346571336545

Were there any other errors?

View PostJ432, on 11 September 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

I think he means that in version of .776 M210 renamed the "Texture.def" into "Skyboxes.def".

Yup, and I assumed he caught that, and renamed my file to skyboxes.dat?

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 11 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

View PostPhredreeke, on 11 September 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

Were there any other errors?

Well, there is another strange thing (and actually happened with the previous version of the pack): The crash make totally close the window, but the jawa process still continue in background. ALL the process that crashed in my attemps to making it work was still running, you can't immediately notice that until you using the general manager.

Again this occurs only when I try to make this hires sprites working, skybox and voxels have no problem at all.

I can't know if I will have the same problems with a hires texture pack since that other project hiatus.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 11 September 2017 - 12:47 PM

That has happened to me while making this. I solved it by resaving the offending file. But I don't see why it would crash on your computer while running fine for everyone else :S

Neither me, but after a test I'm 100% sure that the problem lies in the BloodGDX incapability of apply those sprites in particular on my system: When I deleted the "upscale" folder but leaved the "include texture.def" into "bloodgdx.def" all started normally. So they totally get detected in the game folder and they cause the error for an unknow reason. Yeah I could go for bilinear/trilinear filter, but this pack it's made also to have the same effect without that typical blurry effect.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 11 September 2017 - 01:48 PM

User is offline   m210® 

If you have unknown crash, launch bloodgdx with console and you can see error message. Type java -jar bloodgdx.jar in command line / or *ffcking* powershell :)

User is offline   m210® 

Error: file "upscale/tile2954t.png" does not exist

It's happen only in Unix systems with his stupid case sensetivity files...it's a bug in my port with search relative sensetivity path. There is a one of the cases, why launcher so slow... it's just a trying make my port compatible with unix files :)

I will think, how can I make this system better

Nah, all the files are lower case, I just happened to define some files that don't actually exist.

User is offline   m210® 

[reserved]

This post has been edited by M210: 11 September 2017 - 11:21 PM

User is offline   Elwood89 

Thank you for the work. I have just played the game with your sprites for the first time and as I expected, it is so much better than the original sprites. IMHO of course :)
Are you also planning to rescale the ingame "HUD"?

View PostPhredreeke, on 10 September 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

Ok, new release. Now with cultists, fanatics, phantasms, rats and... mimes.
Also new weapons (so far pitchfork, flare gun and shotgun) as well as some corpses, and many frames from the previous version have been updated as well.

https://files.fm/f/taqjjp22
http://www.filedropp...om/1009-upscale

As before, here's a comparison between the original and upscaled sprites

https://i.imgur.com/gVKaQz4.gif

I haven't really considered the HUD. I get the feeling that is better tackled with someone with actual artistic skills.

Here is how the large HUD looks once upscaled (ignore the arms, they are stored in a separate file added by M210 to make it widescreen compatible)

The text ends up look very poor. Also lots of things are overlaid by the game after the fact.

https://i.imgur.com/VQ5WQ58.jpg

User is offline   Mark 

I haven't gone back and read all the previous posts so my question may not apply. Is there a reason you don't want to use the existing Blood HRP hud graphics? Are they not close enough to originals?

As I said it's not really something I've considered. This isn't me making a judgment on the HRP just that my focus has been elsewhere.

User is offline   Devon 

This pixel outline visible when using texture filtering, can it be fixed?

Reason i ask is because i actually like how these upscaled stuff looks but i want the filtering cause it reminds me of the 3dfx patch.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options