Duke4.net Forums: Weapons Mod 3.0 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weapons Mod 3.0

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Hey everyone!

Weapons Mod 3.0 Blood has been released!

(HD trailer on moddb, link below)

Just like the name states, it's a modification for Blood which allows using custom weapons. From revolvers to new bloody shotguns! Of course since Blood's modding is limited, the mod only allows replacing current weapons, but aren't you bored playing the same weapons for years? Maybe you want to play fun mode by installing Triple DZ or maybe Hardcore mode by choosing PowerSlaver revolver? The choice is yours!

DosBox is recommened to play this mod, but BloodGDX supports this mod too, since GDX uses BLOOD.RFF and SOUND.RFF. Sadly, some hacks will not work since GDX does not use Blood.exe. Nevertheless it's possible to use custom weapons too.

The installation is very simple!

1. Download the mod.
2. Put package's files in Blood's folder.
3. Drag WPNMOD30.BAT over your DosBox icon.
4. Choose weapons in the menu by clicking certain keys.
5. Click [1] to install select weapons.
6. And at the end choose what you want to play (Blood, Cryptic addon or any other addon).

Posted Image

The current version of the mod not only adds new and cool weapons, but also adds new great features such as:

• renaming vanilla weapons and items for weapons you installed,
  • DSCA system which allows you to know which characteristics of certain weapon were changed (See more information in GetInfo option),
  • all-new, much faster, way to install selected weapons,
  • presets manager that allows to load and save selected weapons,
  • compatibility with every addon even with custom content,
  • most of old weapons significantly reworked,
  • BMOUSE support,
  • extended configuration of main BAT file.

Download link can be found here:
http://www.moddb.com...ood-weapons-mod
or here:
http://cruo.bloodgam...pons&rid=130170

Of course everyone is credited. I tried to remember about everyone whos art I used.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 06 September 2017 - 02:03 PM

It also automatically create backups for revert option?

Yes, it makes a backup of all files (Blood.exe, Blood.RFF, Sounds.RFF) and restores them if you close the game normally which means using "quit" in game's menu. If you just close Dosbox, the files won't be restored untill you run WM again.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 06 September 2017 - 02:22 PM

User is offline   TheXna 

I want to cry, very impressive! Keep doing this magnificent work :)

User is offline   Krypto 

Great work, it's very nice to have a simple and straight forward launcher which doesn't overwrite your files in the process

Can you provide instructions on how to install weapons for GDX please? :3

Just follow the installation steps I wrote in the main post. It is important to launch the game through WM launcher. When it's done, simply close Dosbox. The files won't be restored and you'll be able to use weapons in GDX.

So, this isn't compatible with BloodGDX?

Not directly. GDX doesn't have mod support yet. If it does, I'll make sure together with my buddy NoOne to port this to GDX with more features. WM3.0 was done for DosBox in mind but there's no problem to use custom weapons in GDX by just closing the DosBox's window when Blood is running.

The only things which custom weapons lack in BloodGDX are:

- not changed names for weapons
- not modified number of hitscan projectiles for Triple DZ and Lupara
- not modified ammo consumption for Pump-Action Shotgun (it uses trigger 2, just like Sawed-Off's alt fire, but it uses 1 ammo instead of 2)

User is online   Tekedon 

Found a bug :) tip of the shotgun does not lĂ­ght up so it inherits the darkness level of the sector you are standing in.

Attached File(s)

Ups, looks like I forgot to change lighting for one layer for alt fire, the first frame. Thanks!

User is online   Tekedon 

Easy mistake to make, no worries. :) Same thing on the retail shotgun with better animation, but the lower part when shooting. Haven't checked all guns.

I fixed those and download links have been updated.

If someone does not like new reloading sound for better Sawed-Off, you can disable that. Go to WPNMOD30 folder, find a file HSWINST.bat, open it with the notepad. Now remove two following lines:

::BARF %SOUNDS_RFF% -a @%wmpath%\HSWSND.RFS
TYPE %wmpath%\HSWSND.RFS>>%wmpath%\SNDRFF.RFS

Save it and now this weapon will be installed without the new sound. This won't work for Lupara if you don't like its reloading sound too cause it's one long animation which means fire and reloading are mixed and true reloading is just one frame.

If anyone is interested in this mod, I wrote an article on the moddb website showing what new weapons will be added to Weapons Mod 4.0

http://www.moddb.com...ood-weapons-mod

The new version should be released this month. The only sad part about this new version is that it won't be compatibile with GDX anymore. Almost every weapon have now different damage values, ammo count, value for pickup, extended animation possibilities (like different alternative animation for Flare Gun, Napalm Launcher and Leech), etc.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options