Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior - "New Episode" - Duke4.net Forums

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

User is offline   Mark 

That would explain why brightness was default at 6 or 7 after every new download.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

The Sumo boss fight in Sumo Sky Palace still crashes the game.

User is offline   Master O 

We haven't heard much from IceColdDuke in awhile...

User is online   Jamesfff 

Upload this thing somewhere else please! When I click on the download link at TinyUpload, it downloads a useless webpage instead of the zip file! (Same when I right click and select save link as)

This post has been edited by Jamesfff: 05 August 2017 - 04:21 PM

View PostJamesfff, on 05 August 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

Upload this thing somewhere else please! When I click on the download link at TinyUpload, it downloads a useless webpage instead of the zip file! (Same when I right click and select save link as)

It works correctly when I try it. Have you tried another browser?

User is offline   NNC 

I haven't visited this thread since it's opening. Can someone tell me what's this really about? A new episode or a new port for SW?

User is offline   Kyanos 

That's a chicken or egg type question. I read it as first a new port, then a new episode, with neither actually happening :thumbsup:

User is offline   Hank 

@ Nancsi - It started as an intended Total Conversion using Shadow Warrior and Eduke32 codes without worrying about the licenses nightmares involved, and now seems to become a port first and foremost, with a lot of hard coding work ahead.

I'm 'watching' it on Github, which sends me updates when ever they are available. FMOD is gone in favour of OpenAl and am waiting what 3d model format will be implemented.

Bottom line, only icecoldduke knows where his project will go to. :thumbsup:

User is online   Jamesfff 

View PostMaster O, on 05 August 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

It works correctly when I try it. Have you tried another browser?

Yes, and got the same results!

User is offline   NNC 

View PostHank, on 06 August 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

@ Nancsi - It started as an intended Total Conversion using Shadow Warrior and Eduke32 codes without worrying about the licenses nightmares involved, and now seems to become a port first and foremost, with a lot of hard coding work ahead.

I'm 'watching' it on Github, which sends me updates when ever they are available. FMOD is gone in favour of OpenAl and am waiting what 3d model format will be implemented.

Bottom line, only icecoldduke knows where his project will go to. :thumbsup:

Thanks. So I actually didn't miss anything. :P

User is offline   Mark 

Actually, you have. For starters, Mapster editing, HRP support and Polymer lighting for SW

This post has been edited by Mark.: 06 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but here are my observations.

- Room over room is broken in Classic and Polymost renderers.
- Shadows render in front of the enemy rather than behind. This happens more consistently in Polymost, while in Polymer the shadow seem to flicker between showing in front and behind the enemy.
- Mines aren't visible until they're triggered (this happens in Shadow Warrior Classic Redux too)

User is offline   Hank 

@ Mark. - on paper, yes. For real, this is still work in progress.
My hi-def skyboxes come out looking green. HRP or no HRP; without knowing which 3d model format will be used, the models are still in Blender. Polymer support, yes. Optimized? Have not seen a word at what stage this is.

While this port is exiting to follow, one does not have to read over a thousand post to conclude that one has not missed out. :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by Hank: 06 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostPhredreeke, on 06 August 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but here are my observations.

- Room over room is broken in Classic and Polymost renderers.
- Shadows render in front of the enemy rather than behind. This happens more consistently in Polymost, while in Polymer the shadow seem to flicker between showing in front and behind the enemy.
- Mines aren't visible until they're triggered (this happens in Shadow Warrior Classic Redux too)

Can you give more info on sos, besides it's broken?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I went to record some footage of the ROR glitch but to my surprise now it works in Polymost renderer (I was sure it didn't when I wrote that post). I did record the bug in Classic renderer mode though. https://gfycat.com/LinedObviousCaribou

*wonders where IceColdDuke went...*

User is offline   Mark 

NinjaKitty and Forge too. I'll bet they are laying around in some hotel room in their underwear and having a 1 month programming/testing marathon. I don't want to think about what they do during breaks. :)

This post has been edited by Mark.: 26 August 2017 - 03:38 PM

User is offline   Forge 

swap underwear

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

View PostMark., on 26 August 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

NinjaKitty and Forge too. I'll bet they are laying around in some hotel room in their underwear and having a 1 month programming/testing marathon. I don't want to think about what they do during breaks. :)

NOPE!!! I've been checking this thread every day. Just haven't had anything useful to say :)

User is offline   Forge 

don't know what's going on.
maybe icecd is on vacation, maybe he flaked out, or maybe it's taking hella-long to write all that code to implement the sound system he wanted.

It's only been a bit over a month since the last update.

These things take time - especially when he's easily distracted

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 August 2017 - 04:21 PM

01 August 2017 - 11:30 AM = the last time IceColdDuke made a post.

Should we be concerned at his silence? :)

View PostMaster O, on 02 September 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

01 August 2017 - 11:30 AM = the last time IceColdDuke made a post.

Should we be concerned at his silence? :)

I'm concerned...
LOL
I hope he doesn't just think he can silently step away from his project... :)
A friend on Discord has also gone silent... A shame... He was also working on a project, one that would correlate with this one.

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 02 September 2017 - 08:30 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

A month just not that long enough... :)

User is offline   fgsfds 

I wouldn't hold my breath. It's icecoldduke we are talking about. It'll be at least 4th project that he abandons, you all should've got used to it by now. Just wondering what bullshit reason there will be this time.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 02 September 2017 - 10:43 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostNinjakitty, on 02 September 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

*snip*
I hope he doesn't just think he can silently step away from his project... :)
*snip*

He has from the others.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I don't fault him too much. I can relate. I've started projects I've never finished. Quite a lot of them. But I've learned never to make promises I can't keep or commit to and raise expectations anymore. I know he's said he's been busy with work and finding jobs etc in the past, but just don't act like you're actively working on it all the time with no reason to ever stop and then....just stop. People will understand, or at least be more lenient. I'm surprised someone like him who actually works in the industry hasn't learned this. He promises the moon and then disappears without a trace for months at a time.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 03 September 2017 - 05:59 AM

View PostTea Monster, on 03 September 2017 - 05:01 AM, said:

He has from the others.

Yeah, I know. I've heard a LOT about him and abandoning projects. But I thought we made damn sure he wouldn't easily walk away from this one. If he has, he knows he won't get a very warm welcome back :)
Hank, you marked his words, right?

User is offline   Mark 

^

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Player Lin 

For me, just a month doesn't make me throw out all my hope, even it's from ICD too, but if it's getting longer then that's the other story. :)

Sigh, shit always happens...

User is offline   Hank 

View PostNinjakitty, on 03 September 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

Yeah, I know. I've heard a LOT about him and abandoning projects. But I thought we made damn sure he wouldn't easily walk away from this one. If he has, he knows he won't get a very warm welcome back :D
Hank, you marked his words, right?

Yep, marked and everything. :)
It's been only four weeks, and he works alone. :)
Should he come back, I will still give him a warm welcome. I'm also guilty of abandoning project, and the victim of abandoned projects. I say, there are more abandoned projects around than we really want to know.

Besides, to make stuff like OpenAL and this IQM (another Quake format thingy, to keep it polite) fully work in Build is easier said than done.

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options