15 peoples are working on Half-Life 3 since the beggining,

Source?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postfuegerstef, on 24 July 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

Source?

No, Source 2.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Most likely ! Gabe said a few games using Source 2 will be released in the upcomming months, and one of them is in the Half-Life universe !

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It's not going to be HL3. No way.

User is offline   LkMax 

Portal is technically in the HL universe, that doesn't say much.
And mickey was joking, fuegerstef's question was about the source of the claim, not the engine.

User is offline   Player Lin 

The problem is the story, without Laidlaw, it's questionable if Valve can pulled the HL3 that fans do want...unless they just don't give a shit about story anymore...since most gamers/players seems not cares about story in games... :thumbsup:

But with Laidlaw, Half-Life have always had the habbit to put the story in the background (all the elements are not handled to you, you have to find them) !

• The Sarien Encounter

I don't think they don't care about story. Valve have always been big on storytelling...when they DO tell a story. And it's always been great. But that was because of Laidlaw...

The real question now is whether they care about making GAMES period anymore.

User is offline   ---- 

View Postgemeaux333, on 26 July 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

But with Laidlaw, Half-Life have always had the habbit to put the story in the background (all the elements are not handled to you, you have to find them) !

Yes, that's why I like it so much.

And trust me, most HL-fans would be mad if that changed.

Imagine the fans' reaction if a Duke game would stray away from what made the first 3D-game in the franchise great and it suddenly was a corridor shooter with only 2 or 4 weapons at once in the arsenal and had a badly written Douche as protagonist.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 26 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

The low amount of weapons and the corridor side are the only noticeable downsides of Duke Nukem Forever !

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postgemeaux333, on 26 July 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

The low amount of weapons and the corridor side are the only noticeable downsides of Duke Nukem Forever !

Hah! No.

Oh hell yes, there is no reproach to do to the Duke, just like John ST John he is doing the best he can !

User is offline   ---- 

View Postgemeaux333, on 27 July 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

Oh hell yes, there is no reproach to do to the Duke, just like John ST John he is doing the best he can !

Well, opinions.

Since we are on a community site for Duke, it should be easy for you to find out, that a LOT of people here don't like how Duke is written in DNF (although he is better in TDWCM, IMHO), hence my remark in the earlier post.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 27 July 2017 - 02:32 PM

Duke is greater in the French version (paradoxally) thanks to Daniel Beretta's dubbing, but that's not hard since he has been dubbing schwartzy since the 80s !

It's interesting that DNF comes up in the Half-Life topic, because I always say DNF feels very influenced by HL2, and to me it was the best FPS campaign since HL2 when it hit in 2011. It had various puzzles, some jumping/platforming, some clever level design, and a sense of inventiveness and character at a time when FPS campaigns were pretty dull for a bit. Plus the thing where you babysit your vehicle for a bit is very Half-Life 2. But I get and understand why a lot of people don't dig it, and I would have the next one more in the Duke 3D direction both writing/tone wise and level design wise. But I love DNF! I actually find the combat in it (especially the weapons and their feel) to be even better than Half-Life 2, and HL2 is one of my favs. But I know I'm not in a majority on the DNF love.

But, I do know to always bet on long in development with no news FPS games, so I think Half-Life 3 will happen sometime!

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 27 July 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

It's interesting that DNF comes up in the Half-Life topic, because I always say DNF feels very influenced by HL2, and to me it was the best FPS campaign since HL2 when it hit in 2011. It had various puzzles, some jumping/platforming, some clever level design, and a sense of inventiveness and character at a time when FPS campaigns were pretty dull for a bit. Plus the thing where you babysit your vehicle for a bit is very Half-Life 2. But I get and understand why a lot of people don't dig it, and I would have the next one more in the Duke 3D direction both writing/tone wise and level design wise. But I love DNF! I actually find the combat in it (especially the weapons and their feel) to be even better than Half-Life 2, and HL2 is one of my favs. But I know I'm not in a majority on the DNF love.

But, I do know to always bet on long in development with no news FPS games, so I think Half-Life 3 will happen sometime!

DNF was "always" inspired by Half-life, and Half-life in turn was heavily inspired by Duke 3D, they were always heading in a similar direction.

Oh and HL2 had shit combat. It managed to be great anyway, but the combat was trash. Worse than HL1's, which had a lot of problems already.

Agreed DNF was notably inspired by Half-Life since the 2001 trailer, but the finished DNF felt very influenced by HL2 in particular to me. For me HL2's combat is above average, functional and some fun with ragdoll physics. I do visually/audio wise replace a the pistol and SMG to make them more blam-tastic though.

Remind me there is a mod that greatly improve the graphic experience of HL2, EP1 and EP2, to make it more like present fps games (wolfenstein and doom) :

http://cinematicmod....ic_mod_2013.php

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 28 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 28 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

All of those videos are errors.

retry

• The Sarien Encounter

Oh, it's just the cinematic mod. For some reason I thought you said it changed the gameplay to resemble Doom/Wolfenstein. The cinematic mod is meh. I hated how he changed the look of all the characters. Pretty, yes. But I don't agree with every direction he took. I believe it adds hollywood music to replace the OST as well? Yeah, not a fan of that.

Actually, there is an option pannel that allow you to choose which elements you want to keep or change such as the weapon and character models or the musics, and the mod add some gameplay elements such as the iron sight...

It also include alternative lines in HL2, or un-used lines in EP1 (there are tons of un-used lines in EP1, wonder why)

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 28 July 2017 - 05:20 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

View Postgemeaux333, on 28 July 2017 - 05:17 AM, said:

(there are tons of un-used lines in EP1, wonder why)

Possible just run out of time, making a game within a year maybe still not enough for them, and possible that's why Valve just give up the episodic idea after EP2 and never let EP3 happens.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 28 July 2017 - 06:57 AM

Or these lines have been considered invalidated by the final version, or redundant, or of lesser importance or exagerated/over-played...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 28 July 2017 - 10:59 AM

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 28 July 2017 - 05:12 AM, said:

I hated how he changed the look of all the characters.

Never really concerned myself with this mod, but those female models are simply pathetic.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postgemeaux333, on 28 July 2017 - 05:00 AM, said:

Remind me there is a mod that greatly improve the graphic experience of HL2, EP1 and EP2, to make it more like present fps games (wolfenstein and doom) :

Yeah, it's called Half-Life 2 Update:
http://store.steampo...fLife_2_Update/

The Cinematic Mod is just a tasteless mishmash of random assets that are technically higher quality than what you see in the original game but artistically it's just trash.

User is offline   Loke 

The Duke. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

User is offline   Newken 

Well, Jon St. John is in Opposing Force, Blue Shift and Decay. A bit of Duke. :thumbsup:

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostNewken, on 01 August 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

Well, Jon St. John is in Opposing Force, Blue Shift and Decay. A bit of Duke. :P

He even quotes himself. :thumbsup:

https://soundcloud.c...-drill-sergeant

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options