you should add more duke advance monsters some are cool

User is offline   Warhawk 

Here's the missing rotation I made for that armored trooper:

Credits to Jet_nick

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: ATRPD3D7.PNG

User is offline   ozelot47 

Hello Trooper Dan,

First i want to say that your mod becomes better and better. After a new update,I start to play it again and it does not be boring after all, because of new Enemies, different Maps and Perks.

I have two suggestions for a Perk.
1. You have a radar in the War of Attrition Mode, maybe this could be included for the other modes. In some maps you can hear enemies but you don't see them this could be a way to find them all.

2. It is not easy to reach a "perfect" result for every map. To find all secrets and kill all enemies could be rewarded with maybe 100% health and/or 100% armour for the next map or similar things.

And the last thing. I have found three bugs.
1) If you have the Double Weapons Perk, the "Expanderlight" is yellow and not orange
2) If you activate IR, some enemies has a '?' over their heads. This happens when the enemie becomes allied
3) If you kill the two-headed Cybertrooper with the Perk 'Slain Enemies become Allies' two Episode3-Bosses appear. One of them helps you but the other one get stuck, blocks in some situation the way and he can hurt you.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png
  • Attached Image: duke0002.png
  • Attached Image: duke0001.png

This post has been edited by ozelot47: 19 October 2016 - 04:42 AM

View Postozelot47, on 18 October 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

2. It is not easy to reach a "perfect" result for every map. To find all secrets and kill all enemies could be rewarded with maybe 100% health and/or 100% armour for the next map or similar things.
2) If you activate IR, some enemies has a '?' over their heads. This happens when the enemie becomes allied

You should know by now that these are features of Attrition...you already start with max health in every new level and the goggles cloak you and the question mark appears over the enemy that can't see you. Some still can.

1) If you have the Double Weapons Perk, the "Expanderlight" is yellow and not orange

A mild bug that happens sometimes. I mentioned this earlier to Dan...glad you also provided an image.

3) If you kill the two-headed Cybertrooper with the Perk 'Slain Enemies become Allies' two Episode3-Bosses appear. One of them helps you but the other one get stuck, blocks in some situation the way and he can hurt you.

This is bad...needs to be fixed! Glad you found it!

User is offline   Jmoc 

Instead to jump to the boss level after 600.000 points, I'd like the game to only give me the chance to do so (maybe a pop-up when ending the levels after the 600.000 score). This because I really enjoy the sheer difficulty of higher level enemies, and to upgrade all weapons and stats.

Mecha enemies can't become allies in any way. Is it intended?

Hello Shadow Reborn,

You should know by now that these are features of Attrition...you already start with max health in every new level [...]

i did not noticed that with the max health in every map ;) . Then the Perkidea is, of course nonsense.

Mister Sinister reported a bug where a lot of newbeast respawned. The same thing happened to me. I think this beam-projectile and the amount of enemies causes this.
I upload a savegame where you can reproduce this. Drive down with the lift and go where the octabrains come from and use Nuke Energy.
You cannot cheat, so try to survive and see what happens.

dukesav3.esv

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postozelot47, on 19 October 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

Mister Sinister reported a bug where a lot of newbeast respawned. The same thing happened to me. I think this beam-projectile and the amount of enemies causes this.

Ugh. I'll look into it, thanks.

View Postozelot47, on 19 October 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

You cannot cheat, so try to survive and see what happens.

The official cheats are disabled on highest difficulty, but you can still cheat by spawning things or setting vars in the console. For example, "setvar eshield 600" will give you 20 seconds of invincibility, just like if you had picked up an ESHIELDSPRITE.

User is offline   Jmoc 

This is a real problem because in cramped levels there's no way to remove it.

• Duke Plus Developer

I have attached the updated ATTMON.CON code to fix this. Just unzip and copy over the file of the same same inside the attcons folder.

Attached File(s)

I suggest to replace the current flamethrower sprites with the Incinerator from World Tour in the next important update, after all you used those mainly because an official one never existed before (like anyone else did). HMNuke93 did a rip https://forums.duke4...post__p__263614

BTW I found out of your message about DF just now. Many thanks, I've also almost finished and stored some material that could be useful. You may have news in the coming days ;)

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFantinaikos, on 21 October 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

I suggest to replace the current flamethrower sprites with the Incinerator from World Tour in the next important update, after all you used those mainly because an official one never existed before (like anyone else did).

Fox posted his own improved version even before WT was released. With his permission I would rather use that one.

View PostFantinaikos, on 21 October 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

BTW I found out of your message about DF just now. Many thanks, I've also almost finished and stored some material that could be useful. You may have news in the coming days ;)

Yeah I've been quietly working on an update a little bit each day for the last week or so. I have added episode 4 back in (the user map episode is now 5) and the goal is to release in early December.

User is offline   Jmoc 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 21 October 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

I have attached the updated ATTMON.CON code to fix this. Just unzip and copy over the file of the same same inside the attcons folder.

I've dropped the new attmon.com but the problem still remains, at least on the saved game I have.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostJmoc, on 23 October 2016 - 01:36 AM, said:

I've dropped the new attmon.com but the problem still remains, at least on the saved game I have.

Then you need to play it on not a save game ;)

• Duke Plus Developer

Yeah, I would love it if making changes to non-compiled code could magically change the saved state of a game in progress. ;)

View PostTrooper Dan, on 23 October 2016 - 02:25 AM, said:

Yeah, I would love it if making changes to non-compiled code could magically change the saved state of a game in progress. ;)

Would be nice but wouldn't that make EDuke "think" that the saved game in question is corrupted or something ?
Or it would make it crash because it'd want to apply things the saved game doesn't want to see :/

User is offline   Warhawk 

I did a terrible job.

Posted Image

I think they are pretty good...Dan? Will you use them?

User is offline   king karl 

hi have you done any work on this in a while? i was wondering if the duke advanced monsters were done

on a side note im having some trouble with some maps as i cant figure out how to beat them without cheating

wg space 3? how do i even get into the building? im stuck outside and can find no keycards

crimson moon? i can get to the room filled with crates but dont know how to make the keys spawn, i can make an elevator go up and down though....

View Postking karl, on 16 January 2017 - 01:05 AM, said:

hi have you done any work on this in a while? i was wondering if the duke advanced monsters were done

on a side note im having some trouble with some maps as i cant figure out how to beat them without cheating

wg space 3? how do i even get into the building? im stuck outside and can find no keycards

crimson moon? i can get to the room filled with crates but dont know how to make the keys spawn, i can make an elevator go up and down though....

For Crimson Moon I believe that one of the cards is in a wall and that card is used at the top of the elevator you mentioned, it spawns an enemy and a keycard at the same place, IIRC

User is offline   supergoofy 

Saves are broken with build 20170711-6359
http://dukeworld.duk.../20170711-6359/

I created new save (starting from scratch), exit eduke32, re-run eduke32, load save, then error

Reverting back to build 20160917-5875

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 16 July 2017 - 12:05 AM

I report this mini-errors in the log.

attrition/attcons/ATTPLAYER.CON: In state `kludges':
attrition/attcons/ATTPLAYER.CON:3694: warning: `nullop' found without `else'
Including: attrition/attcons/ATTRAND.CON (27290 bytes)
Including: attrition/attcons/ATTMON.CON (354042 bytes)
attrition/attcons/ATTMON.CON: In state `motionblur':
attrition/attcons/ATTMON.CON:2441: warning: symbol `motionblur' already used for variable.
Including: attrition/attcons/ATTWAR.CON (15237 bytes)
Found 2 warning(s), 0 error(s).

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postsupergoofy, on 15 July 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

I created new save (starting from scratch), exit eduke32, re-run eduke32, load save, then error

Sounds bad. Yeah, don't use the new EDuke32. I saw a report from Jblade about broken arrays in the new revision as well.

View PostFantinaikos, on 16 July 2017 - 01:48 AM, said:

I report this mini-errors in the log.

attrition/attcons/ATTPLAYER.CON: In state `kludges':
attrition/attcons/ATTPLAYER.CON:3694: warning: `nullop' found without `else'
Including: attrition/attcons/ATTRAND.CON (27290 bytes)
Including: attrition/attcons/ATTMON.CON (354042 bytes)
attrition/attcons/ATTMON.CON: In state `motionblur':
attrition/attcons/ATTMON.CON:2441: warning: symbol `motionblur' already used for variable.
Including: attrition/attcons/ATTWAR.CON (15237 bytes)
Found 2 warning(s), 0 error(s).

Those old warnings are harmless and have been there for a long time. Don't worry about them.

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postsupergoofy, on 15 July 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

By the way, have you checked whether saves are broken in general? I don't understand why this would affect only my mod.

User is offline   supergoofy 

I haven't checked pure duke3d or any mods/addons. I don't know why the saves don't work with your attrition mod and eduke32 crash when load the save. Later I will try to post more info about the crash.

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postsupergoofy, on 16 July 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

I haven't checked pure duke3d or any mods/addons. I don't know why the saves don't work with your attrition mod and eduke32 crash when load the save. Later I will try to post more info about the crash.

Thanks, I got the log you PMd me but I don't have time to work on it now. I'm seeing a lot of this in the log file:

Line 1899, divvarvar: divide by zero!

And that's happening after the game is running, many times. It's not supposed to be a fatal error, but it's never a good thing when your code is trying to divide by zero. I'll fix that, and see if the crash goes away.

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postsupergoofy, on 16 July 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

I played a level with 6404 and was able to save/load games without any errors or issues.

User is offline   DJHellray 

so ive been trying the new monster in war of attrion and when you have the upgrade that every killyou make makes an ally, if you kill the cyber trooper(the new one) it creates 1 cyclops ally and another one that just stays there and hurts you if you get close, is there a way for you to fix it?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDJHellray, on 09 December 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

so ive been trying the new monster in war of attrion and when you have the upgrade that every killyou make makes an ally, if you kill the cyber trooper(the new one) it creates 1 cyclops ally and another one that just stays there and hurts you if you get close, is there a way for you to fix it?

I took a quick look at the code and did not see anything that would cause a second copy of the cyclops. I also noticed that most of my CONs have been modified a bit since the version on Mod DB. So I'm giving you a link to my current version of the attcons folder. Replace that folder and start a new game and that might fix it. If not, let me know and I'll look into it more carefully.

https://www.dropbox....ttcons.zip?dl=0

User is offline   DJHellray 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 09 December 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

I took a quick look at the code and did not see anything that would cause a second copy of the cyclops. I also noticed that most of my CONs have been modified a bit since the version on Mod DB. So I'm giving you a link to my current version of the attcons folder. Replace that folder and start a new game and that might fix it. If not, let me know and I'll look into it more carefully.

https://www.dropbox....ttcons.zip?dl=0

okay good theres also the thing when i get the same thing some enemies become invisible and still hurt me even id cant hurt them

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options