Duke4.net Forums: Arkane's Prey Reboot to be Announced on June 12th - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Arkane's Prey Reboot to be Announced on June 12th  "Crytek-powered System Shock Reboot Developed by Arkane Austin"

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostPikaCommando, on 13 May 2017 - 07:40 AM, said:

I think they know their name is big enough to not be affected by "bad press" especially when it's a minority like us original Prey fans.

Prey fans know what happened to franchise and they likely know how full of shit this "press" is anyway. They likely don't consider gaming "journalism" relevant either.

View PostSanek, on 13 May 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

You can use wrench as a weapon here, just like in original Prey. REBOOT CONFIRMED!

Posted Image

Hmmm...
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 13 May 2017 - 08:36 AM

Yeah, I had a feeling it was more of a callback to System Shock 2 instead of the original Prey. I doubt they even know that the real Prey had a wrench too.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Wouldn't surprise me if they haven't even played it, not sure even if it was System Shock 2, though considering SS was getting a lot of attention recently they might just played it and realized that they want to make the game like that. Wouldn't be the first time in this industry anyway.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 13 May 2017 - 09:52 AM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

User is offline   necroslut 

It kinda seems like they are calling it Prey only out of spite, to further "get back" at Human Head as they already seem intent on burying their work. "There was a game called Prey? Never heard of it. It can't have been any good."

This post has been edited by necroslut: 29 May 2017 - 10:39 PM

View Postnecroslut, on 29 May 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

It kinda seems like they are calling it Prey only out of spite, to further "get back" at Human Head as they already seem intent on burying their work. "There was a game called Prey? Never heard of it. It can't have been any good."

I think Bethesda just wants do more with there ip portfolio. It sucks IMO that they went down the "we are going to ignore everything established about the franchise and make some brand new approach", but we will see how well it pays off. I did not find a single thing I liked about the new Prey game, but I was going in expected something similar to the first Prey. Maybe in a few years I'll go back in and enjoy it more.

User is offline   Toxic34 

Nathan Cheever once said in a conversation with me over Google+ that all the work Human Head did on Prey 2 has been destroyed, so that even if Bethesda somehow gave them the freedom to release the game, they couldn't.

If the work still exists, how about it be released as DLC for the current game, or be released as a made-to-order title over a website, much like how some recent documentaries like "Room Full Of Spoons" are not released in brick and mortar stores or Amazon, but copies are made when someone orders one, or like Warner Bros.' Warner Archive Collection? I want nothing more than to play both Prey 2 and the current Prey, as well as play the original Prey over Xbox One via backwards compatibility. Let's work to get it done!

It's commonly believed that ET:QW, Wolfenstein 2009, and Prey are unavailable now on Steam because they ran out of CD-Keys...

Is there any truth to that theory?

View PostToxic34, on 05 July 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

Nathan Cheever once said in a conversation with me over Google+ that all the work Human Head did on Prey 2 has been destroyed, so that even if Bethesda somehow gave them the freedom to release the game, they couldn't.

If the work still exists, how about it be released as DLC for the current game, or be released as a made-to-order title over a website, much like how some recent documentaries like "Room Full Of Spoons" are not released in brick and mortar stores or Amazon, but copies are made when someone orders one, or like Warner Bros.' Warner Archive Collection? I want nothing more than to play both Prey 2 and the current Prey, as well as play the original Prey over Xbox One via backwards compatibility. Let's work to get it done!

Human Head Studios' Prey 2 will never, ever be released by Bethesda in any form or under any circumstance. If you're hoping that Prey (2006) might return to digital storefronts in the next few years, I wouldn't hold your breath.

The only chance to play a bounty hunter game is that if Human Head (or another studio) makes one for a different publisher without the Prey licence. I've heard that Human Head pitched that concept around last year, but I would imaging it would be a smaller scope game than what P2 was originally envisioned as, since the studio is working on 6 unannounced titles. They've recently hired a community manager for the first time, revamped their web and social presence, and are on a bit of a hiring spree. I look forward to hearing what projects they're working on (one of them is probably a console port of Boxy Kingdom).

Chris Rhinehart's E3 blog:

I know -- this blog update doesn't contain a ton of detail about what Human Head is actually doing. That's due to NDAs and unannounced projects. Rest assured that soon enough the projects we're working on will be announced. I can't wait to share with you all what we're creating. It's truly exciting times.

Hopefully next year there will be more public details about our projects and maybe there will even be some of them on display at E3!

View PostPikaCommando, on 05 July 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

It's commonly believed that ET:QW, Wolfenstein 2009, and Prey are unavailable now on Steam because they ran out of CD-Keys...

Is there any truth to that theory?

Prey yes, partially the reason. Bethesda could most likely republish it if they wanted, but they obviously dont

ETQW and Wolf 09 i dont know

Bethesda made a point to republish quake iv, which was in the same legal position as wolf 09 afaik(activision published, raven developed, id software ip) so the only reason i can think is because they dont want to detract or confuse people from the machine games series (just a guess)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That's plausible. They pulled the King's Quest series for the same reason, because the preorder for all the new King's Quest episodes was called King's Quest Collection.

I just beat Prey (2017) today. Kinda slow at the beginning, but after you get enough neuromods installed and enough sections of the space station are open for you to visit, it really gets compelling. Even more if you use the material multiplication glitch. I even had a Prey dream one night, just like I had one about the other Prey in 2006.
My only gripe with the game is the title. It seems to me that Bethesda called it Prey as an act of spite toward Human Head and an attempt to erase people's memory of Prey (2006). It's a real shame, because it's a good game in its own right. Why does it need to usurp the legacy of another good game? Personally, I would have called it Typhon, or maybe Apex.
Fortunately, there's an ISO of Prey (2006) saved at archive.org for posterity. I might even set up a Prey Museum web site one day, so that the memory of the first FPS called Prey isn't lost.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Whatever Bethesda(publish part, I'm only dislike this part of them, did a lot of questionable shit...) do, I think no any of old Human Head's Prey fan will forgot it, their shitty actions for try to erase old Prey can only working on newcomers as that's why they did that shit.

Long live the good'ol Prey. :P

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 17 July 2017 - 05:11 AM

View PostPlayer Lin, on 17 July 2017 - 05:10 AM, said:

I think no any of old Human Head's Prey fan will forgot it

The problem is not existing fans forgetting about it. The problem is newcomers who ignore the existence of Human Head's Prey being prevented from learning about its existence. Think China and the Tiananmen Square massacre.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 18 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Or any calamity before World War II. (and some after)

View PostAltered Reality, on 18 July 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

The problem is not existing fans forgetting about it. The problem is newcomers who ignore the existence of Human Head's Prey being prevented from learning about its existence. Think China and the Tiananmen Square massacre.

True, but unless Bethesda want to change their mind or we can do just...nothing...since it's super effective...no legal way to get 2006 game, Bethesda won't give any shit about HH's works, even I tell those newcomers about the HH's ones but they may still scratch their head like no idea. :P

However, it doesn't mean I would not try to tell those newcomers about HH's Prey.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 18 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

View PostPlayer Lin, on 18 July 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

True, but unless Bethesda want to change their mind or we can do just...nothing...since it's super effective

A Prey Museum website, with screenshots, videos, concept art, text documents and the demo of the actual game would be a pretty effective way to counter the censorship. The Prey demo is still available on FilePlanet and I mirrored it on archive.org. I have a considerable historical Prey archive on a DVD, I just need to find the time to put the material online.

View PostPlayer Lin, on 18 July 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

Bethesda won't give any shit about HH's works

If this is 100% true, then they won't mind people posting links to the full version of Prey (2006). They don't even lose money, since they are no longer selling the product.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 18 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

View PostAltered Reality, on 18 July 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

If this is 100% true, then they won't mind people posting links to the full version of Prey (2006). They don't even lose money, since they are no longer selling the product.

Too bad I'm sure it's not 100%, because download the Prey 2006 full version still illegal for sure... :P
You're doing sarcasm, right? :thumbsup:

Your Prey Museum website idea is neat, but...I just hope Bethesda/ZeniMax won't become assholes by try to shut it down or something bad...

View PostAltered Reality, on 11 August 2016 - 03:35 AM, said:

- Why is the station called Talos 1, and not Talon 1? As anyone who played The Talos Principle knows, Talos was a mythological bronze giant who could talk, act and think like a human and who was mortally wounded like a human. Will the new Prey explore the question of what it means to be human, as opposed to something else?

- The trailers show the protagonist acquire the same transformation ability as the aliens. Does it mean that the protagonist is actually an alien? There were several clues in the original Prey that made me think Tommy was a human-looking alien as well, I wonder if this version will spell it out for us.

Oh, check this out. I guessed the final twist of the game before the game was even out.

User is offline   axl 

Good news :

http://www.ign.com/a...ng-new-prey-dlc

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Some new content would be great, I just hope it's not some small, barely 1 or 2 hours long DLC. Fingers crossed for the Wolfenstein: The Old Blood treatment.

I wonder if they add the cut features like weapon degradation and the trauma system back into the base game?

The DLC was first confirmed before launch, but hadn't been mentioned since back in July, which made some consider the possibility it had been canned following subpar sales. The tweet on the official channel hints at the icy Pytheas facility run by Kasma Corp, which was referenced in the game, so there's a chance it will be a standalone DLC. There's some kind of ARG the Arkane devs have retweeted.

User is offline   axl 

Yes. A stand alone expansion would be great.

I'd also like the inclusion of "new game plus" mode like they did with Dishonored.

I'm very pleased that something will come since this game is just horribly underrated and easily one of the best FPS games of the past years.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Really hope there's a new threat this time around; the weakest part of the game IMO was the enemies. The mimics were great as well the basic phantoms, but after that it just didn't feel great fighting anything else, even wtih fully upgrades powers and weapons.

Posted Image

https://twitter.com/...868171983441920

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options