Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior - "New Episode" - Duke4.net Forums

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

In case anyone didn't quite get that, THERE IS NOW FULL MOUSE SUPPORT!!!

But... Uh... I still can't build...

View PostNinjakitty, on 16 July 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

In case anyone didn't quite get that, THERE IS NOW FULL MOUSE SUPPORT!!!

But... Uh... I still can't build...

I had similar issues in 2017 when compiling duke4's main branch. You have to make sure your windows sdk's are installed properly. To fix my issue, I had to uninstall vs2017 and install it again, making sure I installed all the avail windows sdks.

My errors are all pointing to this same type of thing:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.10.25017\ include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
Attached File  Capture13.PNG (164.34K)
Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  Capture14.PNG (50.49K)
Number of downloads: 1
But WHERE IS corecrt.h and the many other missing files in the errors????

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 16 July 2017 - 07:34 AM

View Posticecoldduke, on 16 July 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

I had similar issues in 2017 when compiling duke4's main branch. You have to make sure your windows sdk's are installed properly. To fix my issue, I had to uninstall vs2017 and install it again, making sure I installed all the avail windows sdks.

I'll try that

As I stated in the previous post, in the branch I fixed keyboard and mouse reassignement screens. I have also just fixed bugs were the keys would not stay configured upon restart. To my knowledge that is the last control issues I had left.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 16 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

It's taking a while to "uninstall"
Attached File  Capture15.PNG (7.24K)
Number of downloads: 9
:P

*EDIT: NVM, I guess "apply" actually means "getting rid of"?

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 16 July 2017 - 07:59 AM

NEW BINARY RELEASE:

https://github.com/j..._july162017.rar

WHATS NEW:
  • Keyboard and Mouse keys can now be reassigned in the UI.
  • Ken's image library is now deprecated and replaced with OpenIL.
  • Texture cache is fixed.
  • Compiler optimizations for release builds are enabled(it was previously disabled because some control code was getting optimized away :P). You should see some performance increases in CPU bound areas.
  • Exe is now compiled under a earlier version of the Windows SDK. This should allow more users to run the exe.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 16 July 2017 - 08:16 AM

So, the installer is only giving me the option to install version 10 of SDK, am I going to have to find another place to download other SDKs?

*EDIT: NVM, there were a few others, they were just hidden

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 16 July 2017 - 07:57 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View Posticecoldduke, on 16 July 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

I agree, whatever system is choosen at the end of the day, should be discussed with the content creators we have here; not just between engineers.

Well then, be it IQM or Assimp or Custom, FBX and/or Collada and/or obj support should be part of it.
Autodesk is not a train wreck. They are the dominant producers of 3D software. Like them or not, they are in your face, and what ever is in your face needs to be dealt with.

I for one, need my buddies at CG Society, because I can't do all actors all by myself.
Spoiler

I need to know how limited my mocap (bhv) files will act with the engine, how much to reduce the cloth, and so on. So, please keep a rational and friendly dialog going.

My humble opinion only. Not a pro, just one old fart, with some friends here and there.

Oh, die mouse! Danke!
^ mouse is working, thank you.

This post has been edited by Hank: 16 July 2017 - 09:57 AM

The new binary that I just released uses OpenIL instead of Ken's image loading library. OpenIL uses libpng to load PNG files. LibPNG is the standard PNG loading library from the developers of the PNG format. I've noticed some forum posts(I don't have them off the top of my head), were people complained about weird issues with PNG's. At least in one of those posts, Hendricks blamed the PNG exporter that was used, while that's possible, I'd be curious to see if anyone has any weird PNG issues in the latest binary.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 16 July 2017 - 09:12 AM

View PostHank, on 16 July 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Oh, die mouse! Danke!

LOL, for a second there I thought you were telling your mouse to die xD

So, I was able to compile after reinstalling Visual Studio and downloading all the SDKs that were there.

I've noticed that the port runs a LOT smoother, no small lag spikes when entering a room, etc :P (probably because the texture cache was fixed)

View PostHank, on 16 July 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

^ mouse is working, thank you.

Sweet! :P. By the way that ninja looks fucking awesome.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 16 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

User is offline   Master O 

View Posticecoldduke, on 16 July 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

The new binary that I just released uses OpenIL instead of Ken's image loading library. OpenIL uses libpng to load PNG files. LibPNG is the standard PNG loading library from the developers of the PNG format. I've noticed some forum posts(I don't have them off the top of my head), were people complained about weird issues with PNG's. At least in one of those posts, Hendricks blamed the PNG exporter that was used, while that's possible, I'd be curious to see if anyone has any weird PNG issues in the latest binary.

How would we know where to look for png issues?

View PostMaster O, on 16 July 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

How would we know where to look for png issues?

Just let me know if you find any.

User is offline   Hank 

View Posticecoldduke, on 16 July 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

Just in case, I did not make the model ! The only talent I'm proud of is to get cool stuff from real talented people!
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Hank: 16 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

User is offline   leilei 

So the notion for FBX is for easier asset flipping, I see...

I'd argue about on why this is bad regarding art direction and general aesthetics, but i know i'll get the usual runaround probably involving the words "high quality" somewhere. I'll leave you to learn the lesson the hard way.

This post has been edited by leilei: 16 July 2017 - 12:44 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Hank. That looks like the same lo poly, 1K, version I have seen on the web and its already an animated md3. Are you perhaps making different anims? IMO its kind of cheap looking to show off the new fancy game.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 16 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMark., on 16 July 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

Hank. That looks like the same lo poly version I have seen on the web and its already animated. Are you perhaps making different anims?

Yes.
https://free3d.com/3...inja-48864.html
It gives me a cfx thingy, I have no clue what it is. It may be animated, but not with something I'm familiar with.

Wait a minute, did you say md3? Where? Has cfx something to do with md3? Then please, tell me.
You still edit your posts
;) Cheap looking, in Blender maybe. Wait for proper textures and normals. :P There is a reason it's under a spoiler tag.

Maybe I should make a thread about my own work?

[added, after I had time opening the Milkshape files]
1. The model comes in 3D Max and Milkshape + Skeleton Animation, files.
2. The textures are of good quality.
3. The animations are smooth and fluent, based on ninja fighting poses, including jumping.
4. Not included are normals and animation of dying. Those need to be added.
5. This is a good model, in my not so humble opinion, and the creator knew what he was doing.

This post has been edited by Hank: 17 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I don't remember. I downloaded it, looked at it, and I don't think I kept it.

No idea what cfx is.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 16 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

User is offline   Mark 

The version I had was a pitiful 1,000 polys or thereabout. Blocky and with jerky anims. Yours looks like the same lo poly.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMark., on 16 July 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

The version I had was a pitiful 1,000 polys or thereabout. Blocky and with jerky anims. Yours looks like the same lo poly.

If you look at the top-right of the image, you'll see model has the same 'pitiful' vertices count.
It's a basic model to get it working in a game engine, no one knows yet, what the limits will be and so on. :P

Also, apparently, cfx is a Milkshape animation.
Also, changed pose and Blender resolution.

This post has been edited by Hank: 16 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Way back in 2009 I was making SWHRP assets with a couple of other guys. One of them made this model and a temp skin. I said I would make an attempt at a better skin. I was new to modeling and this was my first attempt at a character model. I keep telling myself to use this in some project and it hasn't happened yet.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  low.jpg (198.3K)
    Number of downloads: 30

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMark., on 16 July 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

Way back in 2009 I was making SWHRP assets with a couple of other guys. One of them made this model and a temp skin. I said I would make an attempt at a better skin. I was new to modeling and this was my first attempt at a character model. I keep telling myself to use this in some project and it hasn't happened yet.

To paraphrase icecoldduke: This is a fucking awesome model :P

This post has been edited by Hank: 16 July 2017 - 02:49 PM

That looks nice :P

User is offline   Master O 

You should also give him an alternate costume of Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon. :P ;) :D

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View Posticecoldduke, on 16 July 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

He's from pretty good games (Ninja Gaiden and Dead Or Alive).

Any issues with setting key bindings in the latest build?

User is offline   Hank 

View Posticecoldduke, on 16 July 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

Any issues with setting key bindings in the latest build?

Not on my end. Played for half an hour and got killed, but it was my fault, not the keyboard's :P

[added]
2nd Test == pass
Mouse and Keyboard were customized in game mode.
Saved and exit the game
Restarted the game
All settings were kept, and are in full working order

Very good!

This post has been edited by Hank: 16 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

User is offline   axl 

I wanted to test your latest version but things seem to mess up at startup. See screenshot below... Am I doing something wrong here? Sorry if I overlooked something.

Attached File(s)

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options