• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Hank 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 13 July 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

Too bad whoever wrote this article, thinking about the VoidPoint was who made Duke3D, which totally wrong I'm very sure... *facepalm*

(It seems only China gaming-related news sites reported this...Hank's one is from Taiwan but still the source just from Beijing SINA...and the watermark on those screenshots in that article is Ali213...an infamous cracking group and has their own website in China....nuff said.)

Still, that's good thing......or maybe not... :P

I don't know if this is positive or negative either. All I see around the world, is interest for Classic Games.
And I leave it at that. ;)

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostPlayer Lin, on 13 July 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

Still, that's good thing......or maybe not... :P

Rather weird, I didn't notice .tw at first (because here the link basically ends at .com), thought it was Chinese site until I saw Taiwanese ads.

Still, I hope Ion Maiden won't be overlooked and there will be good marketing (people definitely have to notice, I mean you don't see Build games released all the time nowadays, even though this is technically not exactly a Build game). Wouldn't want the first episode to be the last too.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 13 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It is a BUILD Game.

User is offline   Player Lin 

......since IM's engine is eduke32-based so why it's not Build...??

I said "technically not exactly" for a reason, didn't say it's totally different engine, though I guess I still worded that badly.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 14 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I knew exactly what you meant and felt no need to nitpick your post.

Good, guess my English is not as bad after all.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I feel we all have to be more exacting. Too many tards on the boards these days. I knew what you meant as well, it was just worded awkwardly.

Jimmy is fighting the great tard-war of 2017, it'll be in the internet history books!

If anyone bets on Duke and they're a TARD, that just means "Totally Awesome Rad Dude"!

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 14 July 2017 - 12:32 PM

User is offline   petrus 

Number one my wishlist: a re-imagined Hollywood Holocaust map in the Ion Maiden universe!

Like they do in Call of duty games with their best maps, Terminal map Modern Warfare 3:
Posted Image

And the same Terminal map reinvented in Call of Duty Infinite Warfare:
Posted Image

Would something like that even be legal? Who would have to approve, Randy and Allen?

User is offline   Kyanos 

I've used m32 script to change map textures and sprites around and stuff, begs a question or two, can we load user maps for Ion Maiden? CON code?? Every other EDuke32 feature???

View PostDrek, on 14 July 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

I've used m32 script to change map textures and sprites around and stuff, begs a question or two, can we load user maps for Ion Maiden? CON code?? Every other EDuke32 feature???

Interesting and cool thought, since this is on eduke32 and by duke4 people this game does have some good modding potential.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Yes, modding will be supported for the full version of the game.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTerminX, on 14 July 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

Yes, modding will be supported for the full version of the game.

Love you. :P

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'd love to see a remade E1L1. Like how Perfect Dark redid Facility from Goldeneye.

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostHank, on 14 July 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

Love you. ;)

Did you expected a negative answer :P

User is offline   necroslut 

This game looks really awesome, it's one of very few titles I'm looking forward to.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostSanek, on 14 July 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

Did you expected a negative answer ;)

Yes! Got one thus far. :P

This post has been edited by Hank: 14 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 14 July 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

I'd love to see a remade E1L1. Like how Perfect Dark redid Facility from Goldeneye.

I'd like both HH and Red Light District; but this time, it's a male strip club.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostHulkNukem, on 14 July 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

I'd like both HH and Red Light District; but this time, it's a male strip club.

So what, the target audience is teenage girls now?

Brings a whole new perspective to the "shake it" line.

User is online   Dzierzan 

I must say that I never expected to see another commercial build engine game. After looking at all pictures released so far and reading basic information, I have to say that it's gonna be another epic old style FPS game. I think I played most of Doom clones and seeing another such game is like finding happiness in a fridge... which is beer :P

But I have a question, since it's a prequel to Bombshell game, is it necessary to know current Bombshell's plot? I haven't played the game and I read Bombshell had mixed or negative reception. Is it really that bad?

User is offline   Loke 

View PostDzierzan, on 15 July 2017 - 05:03 AM, said:

I haven't played the game and I read Bombshell had mixed or negative reception. Is it really that bad?

I haven't played it either but the subsequent patches seems to have fixed a lot of the issues with the game.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

But I have a question, since it's a prequel to Bombshell game, is it necessary to know current Bombshell's plot? I haven't played the game and I read Bombshell had mixed or negative reception. Is it really that bad?

By the very definition of a prequel, you do not need to know anything about the original Bombshell game. Besides, it's a Build-era FPS; is plot really that important? Posted Image

If it's not clear already, the devs are doing quite a bit to distance this game from the first Bombshell, going so far as to not have "Bombshell" in the title. It's safe to say this game is aimed at a fresh audience.

To answer your second question:
Bombshell had a bit of hype associated with it before release due to a perception (perhaps misconception is a better word?) that arose of how Bombshell was "Diablo, but with guns". I.e, a fully-fledged RPG game with huge, randomly generated levels. When it turned out to be a relatively short, linear game with only some light upgrading in place, it created a lot of negative rep. Apparently the game was also very buggy on release which certainly didn't help, neither the fact that it's in a fairly niche genre. I haven't played the game much, I'm just going off what I read.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 15 July 2017 - 05:26 AM

User is online   Dzierzan 

To answer your second question:
Bombshell had a bit of hype associated with it before release due to a perception (perhaps misconception is a better word?) that arose of how Bombshell was "Diablo, but with guns". I.e, a fully-fledged RPG game with huge, randomly generated levels. When it turned out to be a relatively short, linear game with only some light upgrading in place, it created a lot of negative rep. Apparently the game was also very buggy on release which certainly didn't help, neither the fact that it's in a fairly niche genre. I haven't played the game much, I'm just going off what I read.

So classic false hype train? Something like No man's sky? Anyways, yes, the plot is not the main thing we cared about in old school FPS games, I meant more like knowing weapons or enemies from Bombshell.

I understand the different name, it's good to cut Bombshell roots to meet a wider audience. It reminds me an old game The Neverhood (point 'n click adventure game), the sellings were very poor so the developers made a sequel which had totally different name (Skullmonkeys) and was a different type of game (a platformer). The irony is that The Neverhood after many years was praised for its original world and how it was made (claymation).

I wish good luck to Voidpoint developers and their game :P.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 15 July 2017 - 06:00 AM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Bombshell had some hype because it was hot off the heels of a lawsuit Gearbox filed against 3DR for making a (never officially revealed) Duke Nukem top down shooter. The Bombshell game rose out of the ashes, and unfortunately had a fast rework and reveal trailer that looked slapped together last minute, and I don't think the game ever recovered after that.
The re-reveal a year later looked faaaar better and polished, but the general opinion was still fixated on the initial reveal, which is a shame, as the game isn't bad at all.
I think any negative attention Ion Maiden could receive will be quickly diminished by seeing it in motion. People might be unwilling at first to take a try, but hopefully the game is good enough to prove everyone wrong!

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 15 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Nope, there's not really anything you need to know. Just bring your trigger finger!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 14 July 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

Jimmy is fighting the great tard-war of 2017, it'll be in the internet history books!

If anyone bets on Duke and they're a TARD, that just means "Totally Awesome Rad Dude"!

This war has been going on for years, BloodGDX and IceColdDuke's SW port just called in reinforcements.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJimmy, on 15 July 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

This war has been going on for years, BloodGDX and IceColdDuke's SW port just called in reinforcements.

Then I am prepared to "fight back" with EDuke32 goodness, Ion Maiden at the top.

User is offline   Sanek 

Would you make a separate sub-forum for Ion Maden after game's release? I think it will be very nice, considering our interest in this game. :thumbsup:

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostSanek, on 26 July 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

Would you make a separate sub-forum for Ion Maden after game's release? I think it will be very nice, considering our interest in this game. :thumbsup:

I don't get the Rolleyes emoji Sanek.

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options