Duke4.net Forums: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I honestly never expected much out of this movie because I hadn't heard a lot of buzz. Only saw a couple ads on Youtube or something and what I saw seemed like your everyday formulaic epic cash-in CGI-fest movie. Something like the Clash/Wrath of the Titans films which I consider just ok. And well....that's really what it is, but (and many people will probably disagree with me, I don't know) dang if it isn't the best form of it I've ever seen. Really enjoyed it and I'd love to see the sequels that were planned. However, given how badly it bombed (not because it was bad, per se, but because it had SUCH A HUGE BUDGET) that seems unlikely. And that's sad.

I'm normally not impressed by CGI because it's not realistic and it's overdone and overused but this movie was absolutely a treat for the eyes. And speaking of a treat for the senses, the ears as well! I really liked the score. Very visceral and abrasive with a traditional aim but with a very modern approach to it. The main theme alone is stuck in my head. And that song sticks there as well.

Just a good flick. I like that it was straight-forward and not complex, funny, and kept me engaged the whole time. The characters didn't evolve very much but somehow that didn't bother me. Just a great action flick and I'd like to see more of where it can go with the Holy Grail and whatnot.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 13 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options