• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMark., on 09 July 2017 - 02:29 AM, said:

And while you dig deep and restructure Eduke32, add in Nvidia 3D glasses support. :P

Add in official sandwich making functionality, its long overdue. I get hungry sometimes ;)

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Why not to add sushi while you're at it? Would suit better for Shadow Warrior theme. Or if you know more about Japanese food do that instead and allow sushi only during special events. Just don't add kimchi, please, Korean food is no-no.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostMicky C, on 09 July 2017 - 03:51 AM, said:

Add in official sandwich making functionality, its long overdue. I get hungry sometimes ;)

InteractivityTM
If you go that route might as well add "fart" and "drunk" mechanics from Redneck Rampage.
(don't do it icecold, I'm not serious - unless you want to port RR)

View PostSledgehammer, on 09 July 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

Why not to add sushi while you're at it? Would suit better for Shadow Warrior theme. Or if you know more about Japanese food do that instead and allow sushi only during special events. Just don't add kimchi, please, Korean food is no-no.

How about western sushi with cream cheese and cream cheddar? :P

This post has been edited by LkMax: 09 July 2017 - 06:53 AM

View PostHendricks266, on 09 July 2017 - 02:44 AM, said:

In reality, it can.

How? You can't just accept how CPU bound this engine is, and accept it as is.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostLkMax, on 09 July 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

How about western sushi with cream cheese and cream cheddar? :P

The only Western sushi I can think of are burgers.

And after Googling, I think American memes went too far.
Spoiler

User is offline   Hank 

View PostSledgehammer, on 09 July 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

A Korean based mod and Kimchi is like Duke 3D and Duke Burger; a must have :P
Spoiler

@ icecoldduke - While I like threeddin' (da only ding I capere), just a reminder, we still have no mouse support.

This post has been edited by Hank: 09 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

Would anyone here be willing to help rig some models?

User is offline   Mark 

Possibly. Watchoo got?

View PostMark., on 11 July 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Possibly. Watchoo got?

Not much yet. Just asking for when I do have something.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

We are asking as if it's not a low poly game model then you may have a lot of problems getting it into the game.

View PostTea Monster, on 12 July 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

We are asking as if it's not a low poly game model then you may have a lot of problems getting it into the game.

Yes, if your making content, please mind your poly counts : ).

View Posticecoldduke, on 12 July 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

Yeah, I know :P

Hm...

1>------ Build started: Project: ShadowWarrior, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\ Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\v141\Toolset.targets(36,5): error MSB8036: The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting "Retarget solution".
1>Done building project "ShadowWarrior.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

So now I need to download another software development kit to build?

*EDIT: I installed SDK version 8.1, and now it just throws a bunch of "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory" type stuff at me

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 13 July 2017 - 09:06 AM

View PostNinjakitty, on 13 July 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Hm...

1>------ Build started: Project: ShadowWarrior, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\ Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\v141\Toolset.targets(36,5): error MSB8036: The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting "Retarget solution".
1>Done building project "ShadowWarrior.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

So now I need to download another software development kit to build?

*EDIT: I installed SDK version 8.1, and now it just throws a bunch of "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory" type stuff at me

I changed the Windows SDK to 8.1 to allow people that don't use Windows 10 to play the port. I'm not at home right now, but everything compiles from a fresh sync. Make sure you don't have any config errors on your end.

View Posticecoldduke, on 13 July 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

I changed the Windows SDK to 8.1 to allow people that don't use Windows 10 to play the port. I'm not at home right now, but everything compiles from a fresh sync. Make sure you don't have any config errors on your end.

I'm using Windows 7, and debug and release don't compile.

The 3rd episode at least builds, but I can't do ANYTHING once in-game

I don't think I've changed anything in the config

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 13 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View Posticecoldduke, on 12 July 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

Not just that, there are Ptex textures, nurbs curves, particle hair and all sorts of other exotic things out there which don't play nice with game engines.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTea Monster, on 13 July 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Not just that, there are Ptex textures, nurbs curves, particle hair and all sorts of other exotic things out there which don't play nice with game engines.

FBX is just a format between 3d modeling softwares.
I hope - if/when ICD made the fbx support work, he also clearly defines what feature the actual engine supports.

View PostTea Monster, on 13 July 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

I am not a fan of ptex textures. The only benefit to ptex is art doesn't have to uv there assets. The texture density gain is not worth the level of hell needed to render that shit in real time. That being said, I would like to get virtual texturing implemented at some point.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

EDuke32 has no plans to add FBX support, but we would like to add IQM.

View PostHendricks266, on 13 July 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

EDuke32 has no plans to add FBX support, but we would like to add IQM.

IQM is a terrible format. I have tried to use it before, and the current exporters don't work properly. I personally plan to add FBX support to my branch.

User is offline   Hank 

View Posticecoldduke, on 13 July 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

IQM is a terrible format. I have tried to use it before, and the current exporters don't work properly. I personally plan to add FBX support to my branch.

Seconded.
IQM does not work well in any of my 3d software, unless I use noesis or another hacking tool, which is a pain in the arse.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

The IQM SDK includes a compiler to build IQM files out of MD5, SMD, FBX, and OBJ. Does it not work?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTerminX, on 13 July 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

The IQM SDK includes a compiler to build IQM files out of MD5, SMD, FBX, and OBJ. Does it not work?

If it is implement, that too would be awesome.
It just happen that the "other" engine, did not have it.

If peeps like me don't have to worry about the actual game engine engine format, while doing modeling, will be greatly appreciated.

View PostTerminX, on 13 July 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

The standalone exporter is really finicky(I haven't tried the blender plugins). It took me about a week just to get something exported because there is little error feedback in the exporter. When I finally got a skeletal mesh exported, I somehow fucked up the next export, and never went back to it. The tools are fucking terrible.

Your better off writing your own FBX -> Custom Format exporter(which is actually what I did).

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 13 July 2017 - 11:16 AM

• el fundador

If they're that bad, why is IQM supported in so many different games? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if LordHavoc bothered to add support for them to DarkPlaces and whoever handles ioquake3 made the same decision, it's not a horrible format and in fact has working tools.

View PostTerminX, on 13 July 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

If they're that bad, why is IQM supported in so many different games? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if LordHavoc bothered to add support for them to DarkPlaces and whoever handles ioquake3 made the same decision, it's not a horrible format and in fact has working tools.

For something I was doing a couple years ago I added IQM support to Return to Castle Wolfenstein using LordHavoc's Quake 3 IQM implementation. We are talking about the same thing :P.

• el fundador

And you had problems converting FBX to IQM?

View PostTerminX, on 13 July 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

And you had problems converting FBX to IQM?

Yeah. One of the problems I had was the exporter didn't even export geometry until I did a huge amount of fiddly fucking with the model itself and with how I exported the model.

It's really not that difficult to download the autodesk fbx sdk and write one yourself. I found that out :P.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 13 July 2017 - 11:22 AM

View Posticecoldduke, on 13 July 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

IQM is a very well-designed format, the state of the exporters does not change that. It's also not very hard to write your own importers and exporters for it, which I've done previously.
If you've done that for FBX, you're more than capable of doing that for IQM.

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 13 July 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

IQM is a very well-designed format, the state of the exporters does not change that. It's also not very hard to write your own importers and exporters for it, which I've done previously.
If you've done that for FBX, you're more than capable of doing that for IQM.

A model format is only as good as it's exporters.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 13 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options