Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

User is online   Lunick 

That hammer sprite is cool!
Spoiler

User is offline   jet_nick 

View PostTerminX, on 28 June 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

What kind of updates are you looking for beyond me saying that I'm not currently working with Gearbox on anything and don't have permission to release full builds?

Who else is missing the authorization?

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Maybe plot or story differences between levels? Possibly taking screen shots at various places in famous levels, one during early beta, and comparing to how it shipped.

You did ask! ;) :P

User is offline   Perro Seco 

I've got a question, but I'm afraid it's going to sound like "I want betas" or something, so I really hope not to be annoying...

In Hendrick's video there's a proto version of the track Gotham that I like a lot. Could it be possible to release it? Dark Matter is also featured in the video and it was released.

That was all that I wanted to ask. Please, don't hate me. :P

This post has been edited by Perro Seco: 04 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I also like beta Gotham. That bassline.

User is offline   Sanek 

I like that verison too. Somehow it fits the space theme perfectly. :P

User is offline   Minigunner 

I'd turn to Lee Jackson first regarding the beta midis, then to Gearbox if they own the copyright to his in-game works.

User is offline   MTR 

So according to Randy - beta builds are finally happening and you are going to release it soon with Gearbox Publishing?

• Weaponized Autism

You read too far into it. What you did hear is Randy saying he was okay with it, and that's the real thing to be excited about.

In other news, we're not done with SW betas yet...

User is offline   MTR 

Thanks for answering, Hendricks. Please don't hate me, but honestly SW betas can wait, Devolver always open for it. You guys now have finally greenlight to release after so long time, and you should now better focus on Duke3D betas and release them as fast as possible before it will be too late. Let's be honest, chances to lose opportunity again are high, anything can happen.

View PostMTR, on 08 July 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

Thanks for answering, Hendricks. Please don't hate me, but honestly SW betas can wait, Devolver always open for it. You guys now have finally greenlight to release after so long time, and you should now better focus on Duke3D betas and release them as fast as possible before it will be too late. Let's be honest, chances to lose opportunity again are high, anything can happen.

I agree with MTR, You should release them before something else happens

• Weaponized Autism

LMFAO. Calm down guys.

The ball is not in my court right now.

User is offline   DNV 

SW builds are impressive, however DN3D builds has a higher priority than the SW builds for me and for many duke fans I think.

This post has been edited by DNV: 08 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

Better to work on what's already in-progress than shelf it for a larger undertaking. I personally don't see the Shadow Warrior stuff taking so long that the Duke situation will get adversely affected.

• Weaponized Autism

There is no "work" that I can do on any Duke 3D betas at the moment.

User is offline   MTR 

View PostMinigunner, on 08 July 2017 - 02:01 AM, said:

Better to work on what's already in-progress than shelf it for a larger undertaking. I personally don't see the Shadow Warrior stuff taking so long that the Duke situation will get adversely affected.

Everyone thinked 3 years ago that there is no need for speed up for releasing, espicially Fred thinked that way. And everyone saw how it ended. It ended fucking badly. All these dreams and promises about this stuff just dissapeared. Now here is the chance, probably LAST chance, it just can not be wasted again just like Frederik wasted it.

View PostHendricks266, on 08 July 2017 - 02:09 AM, said:

There is no "work" that I can do on any Duke 3D betas at the moment.

Hendricks, I understand that you can't do much about it, then let's wait for what TX has to say.

• Weaponized Autism

The very most either TX or I could do is not let this conversation pass from memory.

I've literally had that 1994 "LamerDuke" packaged and ready to go since I shot this video for 3D Realms in 2014.

I meant the Shadow Warrior builds as in-progress. The Duke builds afaik are the larger undertaking, even if just for legal reasons.

This post has been edited by Minigunner: 08 July 2017 - 02:20 AM

User is offline   MTR 

View PostHendricks266, on 08 July 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

The very most either TX or I could do is not let this conversation pass from memory.

Sorry, but you sounds like "meh, fuck it, we have just got an OK for releasing builds but I'm not in the mood to work on it, maybe in the next few years". No offense dude, I know I have zero support here and everyone will shit on me, but that sounds exactly that way to be honest.

View PostMinigunner, on 08 July 2017 - 02:19 AM, said:

I meant the Shadow Warrior builds as in-progress. The Duke builds afaik are the larger undertaking, even if just for legal reasons.

According to TX and Hendricks most(or atleast, a lot) of the builds were collected by them and were uploaded for Fred on the SVN. Yet, Fred did nothing.

• Weaponized Autism

For Duke 3D, just the one. The others are messier but would not be too hard either.

User is offline   NY00123 

For now it's probably safer for me to assume none of the builds will be released. As hinted by Randy in that video (and also known long beforehand), it's better to not make a promise before it is fulfilled.

Let's not forget what we *do* have access to:
- The 9 Shadow Warrior prototype builds.
- LameDuke (and the leaked "v0.99" beta).

This post has been edited by NY00123: 08 July 2017 - 03:53 AM

User is offline   NNC 

Wow, looking at that LamerDuke video, it seems Traffic Jam by Olivier Boucher is the oldest map of the released Duke levels, official and inofficial too (well, at least its' second half). Maybe Stadium competes, who knows.

View PostNancsi, on 08 July 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

Wow, looking at that LamerDuke video, it seems Traffic Jam by Olivier Boucher is the oldest map of the released Duke levels, official and inofficial too (well, at least its' second half). Maybe Stadium competes, who knows.

LamerDuke, while on the extreme side, is the level of content you guys should expect from early builds of Duke3D. Some of you probably already know that, but it would be a shame if Gearbox never authorized the release of these builds, because they don't want to hear you guys shit all over the content.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 08 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

View Posticecoldduke, on 08 July 2017 - 06:22 AM, said:

LamerDuke, while on the extreme side, is the level of content you guys should expect from early builds of Duke3D. Some of you probably already know that, but it would be a shame if Gearbox never authorized the release of these builds, because they don't want to hear you guys shit all over the content.

Especially when Randy talked about World Tour and how people gave him shit for it. He really sounded hurt by that. Maybe he can't handle criticism as well and just got careful not to make any mistakes regarding the Duke franchise.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMTR, on 08 July 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

Sorry, but you sounds like "meh, fuck it, we have just got an OK for releasing builds but I'm not in the mood to work on it, maybe in the next few years". No offense dude, I know I have zero support here and everyone will shit on me, but that sounds exactly that way to be honest.

This post needs more downvotes.

View PostHendricks266, on 08 July 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

In other news, we're not done with SW betas yet...

More builds, or did you finally crack that final '95 build?

We will not easily see those early DN builds

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMTR, on 08 July 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

We did not get "an OK for releasing builds". Randy stated that he is interested in letting it happen.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Why do so many people here act like children over this prototype content? You act like if you don't get it right this minute you will die. It's not like it was a few years ago when nobody even knew if the prototypes still existed. They do exist, and people who are part of this community have them, and have them archived to ensure they don't get lost. So they will see the light of day at some point, but it isn't as cut and dry as some of you seem to think that it is. TX and Hendricks have lives, and they're also making a commercial product, and have several other things that are higher priority. With all the time you take to bitch on here about them releasing the content, you could've done something productive or useful. Even sucking your own dick would've been worth more than whining over alpha/beta material.

This post has been edited by Tristan: 09 July 2017 - 02:53 PM

Not to mention that all the replies in the Duke Nukem thread alone show Randy that there's A LOT of interest. There's quite a bit of steps and considerations to go through before this can be given the greenlight, so yeah.

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options