Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Mario Kart 64 Double Deck - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Mario Kart 64 Double Deck  "I remade it...again...with 100% more TROR scissoring."

This DukeMatch map is based on the Double Deck from Mario Kart 64. (This isn't my first remake of it, but I think it's my best (if you can render it properly).)
This time around, I decided to use TROR scissoring, which the classic renderer can't quite handle. In the screenshots, I went out of my way to find places that look good in the classic renderer...there are no such places in Polymost; in Polymost, the level just glitches out no matter where you go...it's like some kind of Gorgon of TROR or something.
(Is there anything that even supports both TROR and actual DukeMatch?)

Screenshots:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Paul B 

TROR wasn't really built with Classic and Polymost in mind. It was designed and works visually perfect in Polymer but it comes at a cost of FPS.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 22 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

Take a look at this map. Have visuial glitches in both Polymost and Classic renderers (except the starting zone), but everything works allright in Polymer. It's nice TROR demonstartion. And I like that the first comment is from Paul B, one of our TROR experts. :P

User is offline   Paul B 

His use of TROR is awesome. This level has great symmetry and would be something i'd expect to see from LevelLord. The only way to really appreciate how difficult and frustrating it is, is to try making it yourself. The TROR layers are so close together for the connecting ramps it makes joining adjacent sectors challenging. I can appreciate the work the that went into this map.

Anyway, it is interesting seeing someone else's perspective with TROR. It looks like a simple design but it is tough to pull off. On top of that, it looks like a lot of fun to play! I was always a big fan of Mario Kart and you just picked two of my favorite games and put them together.

Any reason why you chose to leave out the Steroids? I believe a mushroom in Mario Kart in battle mode would give the player a boost =P

I'm also curious during the building stage did you only create half the square, then copy it and flip it and connect it back up? Or did you draw out the entire blueprint from scratch?

When multi-player becomes available I can see this map being real popular.

Something I noticed while playing around in the level. If you are on the third tier (2nd tier perimeter walk way) and firing rockets across to the other side, occasionally the rockets will explode mid air when hitting an invisible TROR sector wall. Most noticeable close to ramp going up to highest tier. =(

This post has been edited by Paul B: 25 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

User is offline   eGraphics 

How did you make it possible to go over and under the map like that? Is there a key to make one wall invisible? Because I've been making maps like this for a while and I feel like my methods needs updating. Like, is there a smarter way.

User is offline   Avoozl 

For some stupid reason I misread Double Deck as Double Dash expecting this to be a map from that game. But anyways it's always cool to see maps based on levels from other games.

User is offline   Paul B 

sorry for double post. Experienced a forum error.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 09 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

Interesting Toilet Duck launches a new map then doesn't come back to the forums... hope everything is ok on his end....

This post has been edited by Paul B: 10 July 2017 - 06:01 AM

View PostPaul B, on 09 July 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

Intresting toilet duck launches a new map then doesn't come back to the forums... hope everything is ok on his end....

Things are okay on my end; I've just been working on other maps at the moment.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostToiletDuck64, on 10 July 2017 - 02:10 AM, said:

Things are okay on my end; I've just been working on other maps at the moment.

Good to hear! Thought you may have locked yourself out of the forums. =)

User is offline   Merlijn 

Haven't downloaded the map yet, but even those screenshots bring back a lot of memories. :P
Mario Kart 64 was great, looks like you really captured the feel of that particular map!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options