• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

View Posticecoldduke, on 19 June 2017 - 06:28 AM, said:

Nice! I wonder if Terminx and Hendricks are in possession of the original 3d models.

I highly doubt it...
Hendricks was looking for renders: http://forums.3dreal...ead.php?t=37929

If either of them has the original models, I hope they're at least putting them to use by putting them into the game!

If we can get those models released(if they exist) I'll immediately start working on FBX support in Polymer/Polymost.

I really like this asset

http://hendricks266....20Jones/030.jpg

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 19 June 2017 - 06:51 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View Posticecoldduke, on 19 June 2017 - 06:50 AM, said:

If we can get those models released(if they exist) I'll immediately start working on FBX support in Polymer/Polymost.

I really like this asset

Are you telling us to undust Maya/Blender/ or equivalent????? :P

View PostHank, on 19 June 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Are you telling us to undust Maya/Blender/ or equivalent????? :P

I don't see why not ;)

User is offline   Hank 

from Unity 3D, Raw model.
We could add a hat and TNT box etc. and I should be able to use my slick charm to wiggle out a license for Shadow Warrior Full. He just wants credit for it.
Posted Image

Thus, if you are able and willing to add FBX support, or even Collada, it can be done.

This post has been edited by Hank: 20 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

View PostHank, on 19 June 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

from Unity 3D, raw!
We could add a hat and TNT box etc. and I should be able to use my slick charm to wiggle out a license for Shadow Warrior Full.
Posted Image

Thus, if you are able and willing to add FBX support, or even Collada, it can be done.

I think you underestimate the work that would be required to make a good coolie... They're zombified muscular hunchbacks that have DARK green skin, wear a brown tunic with ripped sleeves, are bound by a lot of chains, have glowing white eyes, defined bones and muscles, have a head full of hair and a ponytail, a lot of tears in skin showing muscle, tons of scars and bullet holes, etc (all from memory, of course :P )
Nevertheless, as long as it's better than the one currently in the HRP, please go for it! ;)

Here are some references:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image (This one's just concept art)

User is offline   Mark 

If its a high poly model it shouldn't be real difficult to bulk him up with sculpting. Then add the chains, hat and box and recolor the skin. For me the clothes would be the hardest part to add. Another thing to keep in mind when making this model is the present one is built in 2 pieces because his spirit, the top half of his body separates from the lower half. And then the top half becomes the ghost model with its own anims.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 19 June 2017 - 05:56 PM

View PostMark., on 19 June 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

If its a high poly model it shouldn't be real difficult to bulk him up with sculpting. Then add the chains, hat and box and recolor the skin. For me the clothes would be the hardest part to add. Another thing to keep in mind when making this model is the present one is built in 2 pieces because his spirit, the top half of his body separates from the lower half.

All the accessories would have to be created, though, and hopefully with the same quality as the rest of the model.
The texture is also too modern-zombieish for the coolie. Its textures make it look like it's SUPPOSED to be skinny, weak, and wrinkly.

If possible, the ghost model should be made at the same time as the coolie model as the ghost is meant to come from the upper half of the coolie.

Still, I really look forward to whatever comes of this! :P

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 19 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostNinjakitty, on 19 June 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Still, I really look forward to whatever comes of this! :D

Same here. :P

As Mark wrote, it can all be done to meet your requests, or other's ideas too. It does not need to be exactly as the original. But this would be another thread. ;)

View PostHank, on 19 June 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

Same here. :P

As Mark wrote, it can all be done to meet your requests, or other's ideas too. It does not need to be exactly as the original. But this would be another thread. ;)

Meh... I really like the original design, I feel it was the way the game would have been meant to be played if there were better graphics back then.
Still, as long as it's better than the current HRP coolie model, I want it! :D

Is there a Shadow Warrior modeling thread here?
If not, we might as well make one, even if nothing really comes of it.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Posticecoldduke, on 19 June 2017 - 06:50 AM, said:

I really like this asset

No!
Bad Nerd!
Posted Image
Focus!

I believe Polymer can break maps like Restaurant, Airplane, & City of Despair in Twin Dragon

-let's go down these stairs. hmm, nice visible sector division
Attached File  swcp0000.jpg (126.66K)
Number of downloads: 16

weird, but gotta move - wtf? cross barrier run into a wall. Go to the bottom of the stairwell & same thing
Attached File  swcp0001.jpg (128.08K)
Number of downloads: 13

Now I'm stuck in the stairwell - let's go back to the top - okay, now it's a mirror with a tag
Attached File  swcp0002.jpg (133.39K)
Number of downloads: 8

at least it let me out
Attached File  swcp0003.jpg (141.74K)
Number of downloads: 8

I also came across an issue with the toolbox. In secret map #2 (WD) The Docks, there's a junk (boat) that's supposed to require a toolbox to fix before the player can move it to get a silver key - the boat can be driven while it's still smoking & 'broke'.
I'll have to find another map that requires a toolbox & see if it's game-wide or just a fluke to that particular map.

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 June 2017 - 08:11 AM

View PostForge, on 20 June 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

No!
Bad Nerd!
Posted Image
Focus!

ROFL :P

I believe Polymer can break maps like Restaurant, Airplane, & City of Despair in Twin Dragon

-let's go down these stairs. hmm, nice visible sector division
Attachment swcp0000.jpg

weird, but gotta move - wtf? cross barrier run into a wall. Go to the bottom of the stairwell & same thing
Attachment swcp0001.jpg

Now I'm stuck in the stairwell - let's go back to the top - okay, now it's a mirror with a tag
Attachment swcp0002.jpg

at least it let me out
Attachment swcp0003.jpg

I also came across an issue with the toolbox. In secret map #2 (WD) The Docks, there's a junk (boat) that's supposed to require a toolbox to fix before the player can move it to get a silver key - the boat can be driven while it's still smoking & 'broke'.
I'll have to find another map that requires a toolbox & see if it's game-wide or just a fluke to that particular map.

LOL, what is even happening???
Maybe I should also be testing more than just the first few levels ;)

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 20 June 2017 - 10:26 AM

2nd shareware/Enter The Wang level has a broken forklift.

User is offline   Forge 

Finished Wanton Destruction - other than what I mentioned, I only experienced 2 or 3 random, non-repeatable crashes, and the episode is sprinkled with quite a few wall-aligned, one-sided sprites. (weapons, healing kits, objects, & items)

View PostNinjakitty, on 07 June 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Could you add some sort of configuration file so that you can tell the game which sprites should automatically have polymer light?

For example, a lights.cfg

[SPRITE] {
radius [NUMBER]
r [NUMBER]
g [NUMBER]
b [NUMBER]
priority [NUMBER]
}

Or something like that?

Do you know when you can have this (or a better system) implemented?
(I'd still worry 'bout those weird polymer bugs first, LOL)

View PostNinjakitty, on 20 June 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

Do you know when you can have this (or a better system) implemented?
(I'd still worry 'bout those weird polymer bugs first, LOL)

You will have this in the next patch :P I'm working on that now.

View Posticecoldduke, on 20 June 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

You will have this in the next patch :P I'm working on that now.

Oh, thanks! ;)
:3

User is offline   Forge 

Playing episode 1 level 2 - which has a broken forklift in it - it still requires a toolbox to operate, so the map in WD with a working 'broken' boat is probably just a map specific flaw.

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

Your demo playbacks seem to be off.
First time it played, the first Twin Dragon demo had you getting all the way to the truck before being blown up by the mine in front of it. Second time it played, your aiming was off and you didn't kill the red ninja, allowing for you to take enough damage so that the first mine under the bridge was what killed you.

Just realized, there's still a garbage palette on the cutscene at the end of the first episode, and when you complete the first episode, there are no demos playing when you return to main menu (not sure if this is a bug)

I'm going to finish up with the auto light system then I'll take a look at the bugs you guys mentioned.

View Posticecoldduke, on 20 June 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

I'm going to finish up with the auto light system then I'll take a look at the bugs you guys mentioned.

YAY!!!! ;)
BTW, it seems that all remote view windows were not just disabled, but turned into mirrors. Speaking of which, the mirrors seem to only update every 10 frames or something like that, somehow missing Lo's whole walking animation and ignoring his rotation. I'm assuming it was to stop lag, but it looks kinda weird. :P

User is offline   Kyanos 

Finished the lookup table and all the highpals are done now too.

Posted Image

SW_Palswaps.zip <-- 18MB

View PostDrek, on 20 June 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

Finished the lookup table and all the highpals are done now too.

SW_Palswaps.zip <-- 18MB

Oh, nice! :P
So, do these carry over to models?

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 20 June 2017 - 07:23 PM

User is offline   Jim 

How do I turn on texture filtering for this?

User is offline   Forge 

Episode 1 Level 2 Zilla Construct was kind of 'crashy' - Had three or four random crashes in that map alone.
Episode 1 Level 3 Master Leep's Temple was exceptionally crashy - it crashed randomly very often - at one point (near the teleport portal past the master's death scene) - it was crashing every 20 to 30 seconds. Once I got past that section and to the lava lake with three floating moving platforms it cleared up and stopped crashing. (so far - have moved on to level 4 & no more crashes - yet)

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 June 2017 - 07:54 PM

View PostForge, on 20 June 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

Episode 1 Level 2 Zilla Construct was kind of 'crashy' - Had three or four random crashes in that map alone.
Episode 1 Level 3 Master Leep's Temple was exceptionally crashy - it crashed randomly very often - at one point (near the teleport portal past the master's death scene) - it was crashing every 20 to 30 seconds. Once I got past that section and to the lava lake with three floating moving platforms it cleared up and stopped crashing. (so far - have moved on to level 4 & no more crashes - yet)

It's that same sector exception message again, isn't it?
It happened to me when a shadow ninja on a cliff below me shot fireballs up to me when I was on the side of the lava cliff with the portal.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostNinjakitty, on 20 June 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

It's that same sector exception message again, isn't it?
It happened to me when a shadow ninja on a cliff below me shot fireballs up to me when I was on the side of the lava cliff with the portal.

Yes. Same message about maxsector, or whatever it said. I posted it earlier in this thread somewhere.

I'm playing in polymer and the game seems extra-sensitive when getting around portals - especially the see-through kind which end up looking like mirrors instead.
But I still had a couple crashes by the portals if you follow the rabbit off the cliff and land in the pool of water - and those aren't see-through to the other side type.

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

User is offline   Forge 

And Level 4 was fine, until I got near the portal past the fixable tank - then I had a couple crashes. Game seems fine once I got past that section.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostNinjakitty, on 20 June 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

Oh, nice! :P
So, do these carry over to models?

Yes, and high res textures too.

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options