Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior - "New Episode" - Duke4.net Forums

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

Barring any new bugs I find, I'll get a new binary up when the nuke bug is fixed and when I look at forges new save issue.

User is offline   Master O 

View Posticecoldduke, on 17 June 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

Barring any new bugs I find, I'll get a new binary up when the nuke bug is fixed and when I look at forges new save issue.

Assuming that you fix those bugs and don't find anything else, will you try to get your code into official eduke32?

This post has been edited by Master O: 17 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

View PostForge, on 17 June 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

i'm still using the last snapshot - i don't update and compile my own.

this may, or may not still be an issue

Wanton Destruction crash a second or two after loading this save
polymer
no error messages - just quits straight to the desktop

Attachment game0_1.zip

Any save named game0_whatever is for the basegame only and not for wanton destruction. Wanton Destruction is game1_whatever.sav. Is it possible somehow you were loading the wrong savegame, or did you upload the wrong savegame?

View PostMaster O, on 17 June 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

Assuming that you fix those bugs and don't find anything else, will you try to get your code into official eduke32?

That is TBD.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 17 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

The save problem is repeatable.
Saving, quitting the game, restarting, & loading = crash.
Right now it's isolated to level 2.
Saves in Level 1 don't seem affected.
The player can stand still and look around all they want, but as soon as they move or use their weapon the game crashes within moments.
Saved in multiple locations throughout the level with the same crash results.

haven't progressed past level 2 to see if the behavior is consistent further into the game.
-can play to level 2 make a save, play the level through to level 3, make another save, quit, restart, load to see if issue is present.
-same as above without making a save in level 2 - just play from 1 to 3 and check for save-crash issue.

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 June 2017 - 02:44 PM

View PostForge, on 17 June 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

The save problem is repeatable.
Saving, quitting the game, restarting, & loading.
Right now it's isolated to level 2.
Saves in Level 1 don't seem affected.
The player can stand still and look around all they want, but as soon as they move the game crashes within moments.
Saved in multiple locations throughout the level with the same crash results.

haven't progressed passed level 2 to see if the behavior is consistent further into the game.
-can play to level 2 make a save, play the level through to level 3, make another save, quit, restart, load to see if issue is present.
-same as above without making a save in level 2 - just play from 1 to 3 and check for save-crash issue.

Do you see a game1_whatever.sav?

I was able to repo a crash executing the steps you mentioned, a fix for it is checked into the depot and will be in the next patch.

NEW BINARY UPDATE:
NEW PATCH
https://forums.duke4...post__p__280337

WHATS NEW
  • Fixed the rocket launcher nuke screwing up the audio channels.
  • Added nullptr check to fix a crash found by forge.
  • Fixed AI Attributes not having all values set(this was causing memory corruption). Gamevars are now moved to the autoload folder with _gamevars.cpp to ensure in Visual Studio the GameVar constructors are init first.
  • Added game.lua. Fixed bloody weapon displays and moved all that logic over to game.lua
  • Switched digi audio over to GameVar, this fixes numerous sound issues such as pain sounds not triggering properly.
  • Fixed a bug where numgamelevels wasn't being init properly.
  • Added TheZombieKillers levelinfo tables.
  • Cleaned up sound/ambient loading code, moved into game.cpp.
  • TheZombieKiller's work moving ambient audio over to lua tables.
  • Code from the TheZombieKiller, all of digi audio tables are now converted over to lua tables.
  • Removed terrible attempt at a lua preprocessor.
  • Exported weapon entries table to user.lua.
  • Moved conpic(weapon tiles) out to panel.lua. Fixed a bug in gamescript parser where #include in #included files would fail to parse.
  • Fixed a gamescript memory error that would sometimes cause the gamescript to load garbage memory at the end of the buffer.
  • swmapster: Set the extra of sector[0] to 512 to fix global visibility fog not showing up on new user maps.
  • Added Lua setsectorlightintensity function.
  • Added playsoundatsprite function with example in scripttest.map

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 17 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

User is offline   Forge 

performed a clean install
the wanton destruction level 2 save-crash issue is still present.

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 June 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostForge, on 17 June 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

performed a clean install
the wanton destruction level 2 save-crash issue is still present.

Can you provide the save game file? It will have a game1_ in the filename. Game0 is not valid for wanton destruction.

User is offline   Forge 

Attached File  game1_1.zip (188.18K)
Number of downloads: 1

To confirm you can only get this issue to repo after loading a game?

User is offline   Forge 

View Posticecoldduke, on 17 June 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

To confirm you can only get this issue to repo after loading a game?

save - exit game - restart game - load - move and/or shoot - crash moments later

View PostForge, on 17 June 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

save - exit game - restart game - load - move and/or shoot - crash moments later

I'm not sure how the game gets into this state. Basically a USER is nullptr for a AI which shouldn't happen. Is there a track in that map?

User is offline   Forge 

View Posticecoldduke, on 17 June 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

I'm not sure how the game gets into this state. Basically a USER is nullptr for a AI which shouldn't happen. Is there a track in that map?

A track?
Like railcar track?
If so, no. That's the next level (3).
If you can get past this level without exiting the game and make a save in level 3, or make a save in the secret map that can be accessed from this level - the saves in either of those following maps load fine.
It's only level 2 that's causing these save-crashes. (so far).

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

View PostForge, on 17 June 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

A track?
Like railcar track?
If so, no. That's the next level (3).
If you can get past this level without exiting the game and make a save in level 3, or make a save in the secret map that can be accessed from this level - the saves in either of those following maps load fine.
It's only level 2 that's causing these save-crashes. (so far).

I think what he means is if there is a sprite track, a motion path for a sprite to follow.

NEW BINARY RELEASE:

!!!!PLEASE DELETE ALL YOUR SAVE GAMES!!!!

https://github.com/j...2017_patch1.rar

WHATS NEW:
  • Potential fix for Forge's crash. I fixed an issue where spritestat and sprites weren't cleared properly between level loads. This should fix the issue.

Forge this patch should fix your crash, but you need to delete your save game and try to make it crash again. Basically I found a issue where sometimes sprite states stayed between levels and this was causing massive problems. See if this patch fixes the issue for you.

User is offline   Forge 

The save-crash issue is no longer present from the current testing I've performed.

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 June 2017 - 07:36 PM

Is there a reason that the red sprite debug is still on and weapon model sprite on the screen still has broken movement?

Also, it seems that the polymer box still won't remain checked...

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 17 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

View PostNinjakitty, on 17 June 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

Is there a reason that the red sprite debug is still on and weapon model sprite on the screen still has broken movement?

Also, it seems that the polymer box still won't remain checked...

Did you build from code? If so make sure you are building release and not debug. Currently that feature is on by default in debug I plan on guarding it behind a cvar at some point.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 18 June 2017 - 03:44 AM

User is offline   Avoozl 

And I thought SW's shotgun was powerful enough with the auto fire mode.

View PostGrand Admiral Thrawn, on 18 June 2017 - 05:21 AM, said:

And I thought SW's shotgun was powerful enough with the auto fire mode.

I'm not quite sure what you meant by that.
If the riot gun's auto mode isn't powerful enough for ya, make sure you're close to your target to ensure that more bullets hit your target.
It can take down coolies in 1 auto fire, guardians in 2, giant rippers in something like 3 or 4. It's pretty awesome :P

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 18 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

View Posticecoldduke, on 18 June 2017 - 03:44 AM, said:

Did you build from code? If so make sure you are building release and not debug. Currently that feature is on by default in debug I plan on guarding it behind a cvar at some point.

Yup!
The way I have it set up is I have a SVN repository that I just update for every new release. I have a feeling, though, that it leaves some extra files behind, so I'll try rebuilding in a new folder.

*EDIT: This is where I have my SVN repository taking from: https://github.com/j...3/ShadowWarrior is this release or debug?

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 18 June 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostNinjakitty, on 18 June 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Yup!
The way I have it set up is I have a SVN repository that I just update for every new release. I have a feeling, though, that it leaves some extra files behind, so I'll try rebuilding in a new folder.

*EDIT: This is where I have my SVN repository taking from: https://github.com/j...3/ShadowWarrior is this release or debug?

The visual studio project contains release and debug configurations. You need to change the build config to release like so.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 18 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

View Posticecoldduke, on 18 June 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

The visual studio project contains release and debug configurations. You need to change the build config to release like so.

Posted Image

Oh, nice!
That's convenient! :P

But now it seems that, once again, the enemies are occasionally playing their hurt sound in place of their idle sound :P

*EDIT: Not occasionally, really often :P

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 18 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

View PostNinjakitty, on 18 June 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

But now it seems that, once again, the enemies are occasionally playing their hurt sound in place of their idle sound :P

*EDIT: Not occasionally, really often :P

Do you have examples?

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 18 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

View Posticecoldduke, on 18 June 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

Do you have examples?

Here: https://youtu.be/cOc6mPsWIT4
(Although, I think one of the ghosts was actually getting hurt by the fan, LOL)

View PostNinjakitty, on 18 June 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

Here: https://youtu.be/cOc6mPsWIT4
(Although, I think one of the ghosts was actually getting hurt by the fan, LOL)

I'm not sure whats going on. I'll have to look into it.

As a side note does anyone know of anyone that can do a good Lo Wang voice?

View Posticecoldduke, on 19 June 2017 - 06:16 AM, said:

I'm not sure whats going on. I'll have to look into it.

As a side note does anyone know of anyone that can do a good Lo Wang voice?

ROFL IKR
Unfortunately, I don't know if it could even be possible to mimic that voice. It'd probably have to be someone at least 40 years old :P

In case anyone's interested, here is the highest resolution picture I have been able to find of the ninja and ghost:
http://download.aban.../Page%20150.jpg
http://download.aban.../Page%20151.jpg

View PostNinjakitty, on 19 June 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

ROFL IKR
Unfortunately, I don't know if it could even be possible to mimic that voice. It'd probably have to be someone at least 40 years old :P

In case anyone's interested, here is the highest resolution picture I have been able to find of the ninja and ghost:
http://download.aban.../Page%20150.jpg
http://download.aban.../Page%20151.jpg

Nice! I wonder if Terminx and Hendricks are in possession of the original 3d models.

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options