• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

View Posticecoldduke, on 11 June 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

I'm looking at this right now.

So to confirm you have stopped trying to run the binary because Avast is fucking you up, and you compiled from source and the game exiting out on startup? Please make sure your swdata/scripts/user.lua is syned on your machine. The game exits out right now if user.lua doesn't compile correctly. I will provide a better feedback mechanism in future updates. I just haven't had the time because I've been deal with all these bugs :P.

The Shadow Warrior gamestate system is really fucking terrible. I've added re-writing the entire gamestate system to my todo list. Its fucking terrible.

Not sure what you mean by "syned"
I got at least 20 libvorg warnings when building...
I think that might be the problem, LOL

I'm just building and running the .exe

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 11 June 2017 - 05:28 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View Posticecoldduke, on 11 June 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

I'm looking at this right now. The Shadow Warrior gamestate system is really fucking terrible. I've added re-writing the entire gamestate system to my todo list. Its fucking terrible.

Hahaha... the DOS version is even worse. Relies on a symbol map generated during the build process. That's about all you need to know...

View PostNinjakitty, on 11 June 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

Not sure what you mean by "syned"
I got at least 20 libvorg warnings when building...
I think that might be the problem, LOL

I'm just building and running the .exe

The warnings are expected and are part of my long list of shit to fix. That being said did you set your working directory in your debug settings?

View PostTerminX, on 11 June 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Hahaha... the DOS version is even worse. Relies on a symbol map generated during the build process. That's about all you need to know...

Lol that is a classic example of over engineering a fucking problem.

View Posticecoldduke, on 11 June 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

The warnings are expected and are part of my long list of shit to fix. That being said did you set your working directory in your debug settings?

Nah, I haven't messed with any of that stuff.
Every time, all I do is open the sln in studio, click build, and run the resulting exe

View PostNinjakitty, on 11 June 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

Nah, I haven't messed with any of that stuff.
Every time, all I do is open the sln in studio, click build, and run the resulting exe

Did you make sure swdata/scripts/user.lua is on your machine and looks ok when you open it in a text editor? Is there a reason why your not running the binary?

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 11 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

View Posticecoldduke, on 11 June 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

Did you make sure swdata/scripts/user.lua is on your machine and looks ok when you open it in a text editor?

Yup! I looked into it, and it looked great.

Is the binary up to date? I've noticed that the build is usually the newest version.

View PostNinjakitty, on 11 June 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Is the binary up to date? I've noticed that the build is usually the newest version.

Github is always more up to date. What I'm trying to figure out is, is this a build issue or github sync(download) issue). So please try to download the lastest binary and see if it works.

View Posticecoldduke, on 11 June 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Github is always more up to date. What I'm trying to figure out is, is this a build issue or github sync(download) issue). So please try to download the lastest binary and see if it works.

The binary seems to actually be able to run. :P

But...
The enemies are playing their damage sounds so often it's starting to get annoying :P

In the next build, I have added addon version support to both savegame files and demo files. I have been able to repo the issue Forge described with the restart if I make a savegame in one addon, and don't run that same addon in the next run and try to load that savegame. I'm not saying that's whats causing the issue for you guys but I want to rule it out.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 11 June 2017 - 05:52 PM

NEW BINARY RELEASE:

!!PLEASE DELETE ALL YOUR SAVEGAME FILES!!

NEW PATCH https://forums.duke4...post__p__279843

WHATS NEW
  • Savegames and Demos now having addon naming to ensure only saves and demos are run from the addons they were generated from.
  • Added wanton destruction and Twin Dragon demo files.

In this build I have been able to respawn from death without an issue. Forge if you are getting a issue when restarting from death please let me know.

EDIT:
I have just updated the zip to patch4, the rar I made had some incorrect files in it. Please re-download if you downloaded before seeing this message.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 11 June 2017 - 07:42 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Posticecoldduke, on 11 June 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

In this build I have been able to respawn from death without an issue. Forge if you are getting a issue when restarting from death please let me know.

EDIT:
I have just updated the zip to patch4, the rar I made had some incorrect files in it. Please re-download if you downloaded before seeing this message.

Yes.
If the player dies & they chose to restart instead of loading their last save - they still start weaponless - the first time. If they repeat the die & restart level choice a second time (or more) they will start with sword in hand.
-so if a player wants to restart a level and use weapons, they have to die twice as it stands now

This post has been edited by Forge: 11 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

Damn I was able to get it to happen. I had to save load then save then load again and I was able to get it when I died. I'm looking at the problem.

NEW BINARY RELEASE:

PLEASE DELETE ALL YOUR SAVE GAMES

https://github.com/j...2017_patch5.rar

WHATS NEW
  • Fixed a load game bug that would put the gamestate into a bad state.

I have been able to load/save and reload in multiple episodes, die multiple times reload from last save and restart the level without any problems. Please let me know if there are still issues.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 11 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

User is offline   Forge 

I think this last one finally got it.
Tried several times to repeat the issue and couldn't.

Sweet. I'm going to close this bug.

User is offline   Forge 

here's some polymer issues with level 2 of twin dragon

what it looks like vs what it's supposed to look like

Attached File  swcp0000.jpg (177.08K)
Number of downloads: 18Attached File  swcp0001.jpg (178.26K)
Number of downloads: 17

Attached File  swcp0002.jpg (186.17K)
Number of downloads: 16Attached File  swcp0003.jpg (217.87K)
Number of downloads: 14

Well, the builds still don't work, so make sure to include a binary with each patch :P

View PostForge, on 11 June 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

Attachment swcp0000.jpgAttachment swcp0001.jpg

Attachment swcp0002.jpgAttachment swcp0003.jpg

Yup, the room over room goes a little crazy in this port, LOL :P
IDK what's going on there, but at least it doesn't affect the game physically :P

View PostForge, on 11 June 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

Attachment swcp0000.jpgAttachment swcp0001.jpg

Attachment swcp0002.jpgAttachment swcp0003.jpg

EDIT:
Thanks for the bug info! Since ROR support is new to Polymer there bound to be bugs. I will add this to my todo list.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 11 June 2017 - 09:11 PM

View PostNinjakitty, on 11 June 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

Well, the builds still don't work, so make sure to include a binary with each patch :P

Is anyone else having problems running the branch after compiling? Stupid question did you copy the sw.grp into the directory?

View Posticecoldduke, on 11 June 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

Is anyone else having problems running the branch after compiling? Stupid question did you copy the sw.grp into the directory?

Yeah, I did.
I have a folder that holds all the stuff I want to copy over. The HRP, music, and GRPs. Every time I compile, I just copy all that stuff over.

View PostNinjakitty, on 11 June 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

Yeah, I did.
I have a folder that holds all the stuff I want to copy over. The HRP, music, and GRPs. Every time I compile, I just copy all that stuff over.

Zip up your folder and upload it someplace so I can take a look.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 11 June 2017 - 09:32 PM

View Posticecoldduke, on 11 June 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

Zip up your folder and upload it someplace so I can take a look.

K, I'll do that tomorrow morning

User is offline   Hank 

My first attempt to build and run it:

Game starts, I select New Game and a pop-up window shows up:
Assertion failed!

Program: ...\ShadowWarrior64.exe
File: ...\palette.cpp
Line: 640

Expression: (flags&4)==0

blah blah

And yes, the .grp files are present.

[added]
If you prefer for us (non programmers) to just use the binaries for now, just say so.

This post has been edited by Hank: 11 June 2017 - 11:27 PM

View PostHank, on 11 June 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

My first attempt to build and run it:

Game starts, I select New Game and a pop-up window shows up:
Assertion failed!

Program: ...\ShadowWarrior64.exe
File: ...\palette.cpp
Line: 640

Expression: (flags&4)==0

blah blah

And yes, the .grp files are present.

[added]
If you prefer for us (non programmers) to just use the binaries for now, just say so.

That assert only happens in the classic renderer. I'm only supporting Polymost and Polymer for the time being :P.If you goto that line in palette.cpp and comment out the assert the game will run normally. I just never comment out asserts, id rather fix the problem, but you can do that if you want.

If you guys want to run from code great! Just make sure when filing bug reports to indicate you are running from source or binary.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 12 June 2017 - 04:46 AM

So I wanted to open up a discussion on the scripting system that I'm adding into my port.

Here is my roadmap for the scripting system.
  • Episode name editing(already done).
  • Moving over the entire sound table to lua. Allowing users to add and modifying sounds in the sound table(already done).
  • Level Scripting(basic implementation is in and being expanded upon).
  • Player health, max health and booster max health(fortune cookies) - (already done).
  • Picking up item logic(such as health, armor, etc) will be moved over from code to script(this will allow you guys to make custom powerups, not done yet).
  • Existing enemy variables (such as health and damage) moved over to user.lua(not done yet).
  • Weapon damage variables moved over to script(not done yet).
  • Ammo amounts moved over to script(not done yet).

The second iteration of scripting system will support the following:
  • Weapon logic

The third iteration of the scripting system will support the following:
  • Custom enemies.

Let me know your thoughts on this roadmap and any concerns you guys have with the new scripting system. Also let me know of ideas you guys have for things you would like to do in level scripting.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 12 June 2017 - 07:37 AM

User is offline   Master O 

Icecoldduke, is Shadow Warrior itself basically working now? Or are you putting that off solely to work on the above scripting system?

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options