• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

THERE IS A NEWER PATCH GO HERE
https://forums.duke4...post__p__279019

WHATS FIXED
  • Fixed the mapster crash that was caused by text rendering off screen. The "selected" and "clipboard" ui panel in 3d view is now in the top left rather then the bottom left.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 05 June 2017 - 05:37 PM

View PostMark., on 05 June 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure this came up in the past but I have forgotten the answer. Are you going to add an option to offset player height in Mapster to make it a match for height in the game? The scale being so far off is a deal breaker for me in using SWMapster.
In a map I walked up to a counter and the top was at eye level. :P Wall switches are above the player's head

Could you elaborate more on this one?

User is offline   Kyanos 

It's the camera height in 3d mode floor locked (caps lock key)

User is offline   Mark 

yeah, what he said

User is offline   Kyanos 

Called Zmode in code

bug report, tagging switches video mode.

NEW BINARY RELEASE:

NEW PATCH HERE:
https://forums.duke4...post__p__279192

WHATS NEW
  • Camera height in 3d mode floor lock now sets the player to the correct height.

View PostMark., on 05 June 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

The scale being so far off is a deal breaker for me in using SWMapster.

That is now fixed in this patch :P.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 06 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

View PostDrek, on 05 June 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

bug report, tagging switches video mode.

Could you elaborate more on this?

User is offline   Master O 

Icecoldduke, how's progress on Wanton Destruction and Twin Dragon?

User is offline   Kyanos 

I must have tried to set the tags in 3d mode, then when doing it 2d mode it switched back to 3d.

repo, shift : 1 on sprite in 3d mode then same sprite 2d mode

View PostMaster O, on 05 June 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Icecoldduke, how's progress on Wanton Destruction and Twin Dragon?

I'm still in the process of investigating the crashes that Forge was able to track down. I set that aside so I could get these emergency patches out for the map guys. I'll let you guys know when I have more information :P. On that note please also keep me up to date with any SWMapster issues that come up.

View PostDrek, on 05 June 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

I must have tried to set the tags in 3d mode, then when doing it 2d mode it switched back to 3d.

repo, shift : 1 on sprite in 3d mode then same sprite 2d mode

There is a bug where tag editing in 3dview does not work right, please only do tag editing in 2dview. I plan on fixing that for the next patch or the patch after.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 05 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

User is offline   Mark 

A minor bug. I have to check the Polymer box every time. Cfg doesn't remember.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 05 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

View PostMark., on 05 June 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

A minor bug. I have to check the Polymer box every time. Cfg doesn't remember.

I will add that to my todo list. Thanks!

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

HOI! I'm Ryry Cat!
I was finally able to make an account here! :P

Some things to consider doing:
*Support for upside down voxels (they currently can not be turned upside down in any port I've seen)
*Sound for every time you switch between options on the main menu
*VERTICAL bobbing with weapons
*Maybe some filtering options?
*Option not to auto-equip every weapon you pick up
*Make Lo stop talking/breathing when he enters water (otherwise, he can breath underwater XD)

Bugs:
*Weird dust bin glitch (when shot/hit, its sprite moves slightly to the right on one of the frames, does not happen in original, but just a minor bug. Pretty sure it happens in all sprites that have frames with varying x lengths)
*Sword/fists sometimes randomly showing a small fraction of the tile on the wrong side of the screen on higher resolutions
*"What? You don'ta like music?" not playing when turning off music
*Everybody Off!!! (Seppuku Station theme) plays whenever you open the sound menu in the main menu
*Sounds often play on the wrong side

I'm also having lag each time I enter a new room with the HRP. I think it's loading the textures AS NEEDED. Could you add some sort of texture cache?
Also, does this version support dynamic polymer lights yet? I haven't been able to get them to work.

The HRP props (such as the light switch and trash can) are actually really smoothly animated! (I have noticed, however, that the enemies get REALLY thin every once in awhile: https://youtu.be/SoGASkdRRUc)
I'm not experienced with this programming language, but when this is more complete, I want to make some mods! :3
BTW, I think this is starting to become my favorite port! :P

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 06 June 2017 - 09:36 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Did I miss something? I didn't know about any HRP compatible yet with this project.

Yes, Polymer lights are supported. They are created differently than with regular Mapster. Look a few posts earlier for explanation.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 06 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

I looked at the earlier posts and did what they said to do. The polymer lights just aren't showing up

My settings:
ST1:
HiTag: 597
Tag 13: 0
Tag 6: 200
Tag 7: 255
Tag 8: 173
Tag 9: 58
Tag 10: 1

Also, to use the HRP, just put your "highres" folder in with your GRP and stuff, and at the top of sw.def type: "include highres/sw_hrp.def"

User is offline   Mark 

Is this HRP folder from the original CD or from the SWP project? If its from the CD I'll have to go looking through some boxes for it.

Tag6 = 200 is a very very small light if it goes by the same size values as regular mapster. Maybe increase it?

This post has been edited by Mark.: 06 June 2017 - 10:41 AM

View PostMark., on 06 June 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

Did I miss something? I didn't know about any HRP compatible yet with this project.

View PostNinjakitty, on 06 June 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Also, to use the HRP, just put your "highres" folder in with your GRP and stuff, and at the top of sw.def type: "include highres/sw_hrp.def"

I didn't know there was HRP content for Shadow Warrior, but if there is it should just work(modify the sw.def like Ninjakitty said or you will loose the Redux assets). Likewise you can make HRP content just like you would in eduke32 in the latest patch.

View PostNinjakitty, on 06 June 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

I looked at the earlier posts and did what they said to do. The polymer lights just aren't showing up

My settings:
ST1:
HiTag: 597
Tag 13: 0
Tag 6: 200
Tag 7: 255
Tag 8: 173
Tag 9: 58
Tag 10: 1

Ensure your ZOffset(tag 13) has a decently sized value, or lights won't show up. I based my implementation in Shadow Warrior off of Duke3D's sector effector implementation and if zoffset is not at a high enough value then your light won't show up. I don't know why that is, radius should be all you need for a point light, but I haven't had time to look into this further. I just figured it was something standard in Polymer.

View PostMark., on 06 June 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Is this HRP folder from the original CD or from the SWP project? If its from the CD I'll have to go looking through some boxes for it.

Again I didn't know there was a HRP but it would be from SWP. It would definitely not be on the original CD.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 06 June 2017 - 10:46 AM

User is offline   Mark 

OK. Just making sure it wasn't from the original cd. I have the SWP version because I contributed about 120 textures for it. I'll be happy to see more people getting a use for it. :P

A little off topic but for years I bugged a certain someone to reinstall about 20 textures and models of mine that got lost when Proasm quit the project. AFAIK they still are not included. I emailed them to a few people that requested them. I'll look through my old backups and see if I still have them bundled together.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 06 June 2017 - 10:53 AM

View PostMark., on 06 June 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

OK. Just making sure it wasn't from the original cd. I have the SWP version because I contributed about 120 textures for it. I'll be happy to see more people getting a use for it. :P

A little off topic but for years I bugged a certain someone to reinstall about 20 textures and models of mine that got lost when Proasm quit the project. AFAIK they still are not included. I emailed them to a few people that requested them. I'll look through my old backups and see if I still have them bundled together.

If want I can host the HRP, and if you still have those assets I would love for them to be in the HRP.

View PostMark., on 06 June 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Tag6 = 200 is a very very small light if it goes by the same size values as regular mapster. Maybe increase it?

The full HRP can be downloaded here using tortoiseSVN: http://svn.eduke32.com/sw_hrp
Or, you can download a less up-to-date version from Proasm's site: http://www.proasm.com/

I set tag 6 to 60000
It casts light now, but only on 3d models, walls and sprites are unaffected. And, it does not cast shadows.

EDIT: I also set tag 13 to 50 and 6000, no difference

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 06 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I know I have them. They are mixed in with the rest on my copy of SWP. I'm hoping to find the zip I made with just the missing ones that I sent to others.

That svn version does not contain my missing textures. But its good so others can use the link. Thanks.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 06 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

View PostMark., on 06 June 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

I know I have them. They are mixed in with the rest on my copy of SWP. I'm hoping to find the zip I made with just the missing ones that I sent to others.

That svn version does not contain my missing textures. But its good so others can use the link. Thanks.

Oooh! I want more textures! :3

View PostNinjakitty, on 06 June 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

EDIT: I also set tag 13 to 50 and 6000, no difference

Interesting I'll look at this when I get home.

User is offline   Mark 

Sorry, I couldn't find my folder from about 5 years ago that had all the missing textures, models and defs included. I made a new one with only the textures and models. No defs. I guessing its about 98 percent accurate. I'll leave it up to someone with more time to do it.

I have a couple more textures but they were never tested in the game so I didn't include them.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Mark.: 06 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

0_0
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
I know how to define these, can't wait to try 'em out!

NEW BINARY DROP:

NEW PATCH:
https://forums.duke4...post__p__279541

WHATS NEW:
  • POLYMER: Point lights now render correctly in game and in swmapster.
  • Fixed a bug in swmapster were polymer was never being set as a renderer.

WHATS CHANGED:
I have changed the LIGHT ST1 sprite tags.
  • TAG2 = light radius
  • TAG7 = Red
  • TAG8 = Green
  • TAG9 = Blue
  • TAG10 = Priority

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 08 June 2017 - 08:53 PM

For the next patch I have integrated the latest code drop(20170605-6143) from the eduke32 svn.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 07 June 2017 - 12:22 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I haven't tried applying lights yet on models or textures with normal and spec maps but I hope its better than newer eduke versions. You may or may not recall that anything after eduke 4593 produced some unwanted results. I'll do some testing today or tomorrow. But I suppose that even if those glitches are present, the ability to use lights on regular textures will be a great thing for mappers.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 07 June 2017 - 05:00 AM

View PostMark., on 07 June 2017 - 03:32 AM, said:

I haven't tried applying lights yet on models or textures with normal and spec maps but I hope its better than newer eduke versions. You may or may not recall that anything after eduke 4593 produced some unwanted results. I'll do some testing today or tomorrow. But I suppose that even if those glitches are present, the ability to use lights on regular textures will be a great thing for mappers.

Do we know what CL in the eduke32 svn caused the fuckage? Could you also post some examples of the failure?

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 07 June 2017 - 05:23 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Its been brought up a number of times in different threads. I'll see if I can find one that included pics.

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options