Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior corner  "This thread has alotta Wangs! Discussions on Shadow Warrior only."

User is offline   Romulus 

View Posticecoldduke, on 26 May 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

It's all part of the same system internally. The weapon sprites should not be stretched in my branch.

Thanks, but I can't install VS 2017 just to compile this. I appreciate your willingness to help a fellow gamer out.

View PostDrek, on 26 May 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

What can and can't be done mapping for SW in Mapster32?

In order to get true shadow warrior mapping in mapster32, all the logic for editing tags and such would need to be moved over.

View PostRomulus, on 26 May 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

Thanks, but I can't install VS 2017 just to compile this. I appreciate your willingness to help a fellow gamer out.

You don't need to install VS 2017, only the runtimes.

View Posticecoldduke, on 26 May 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

You don't need to install VS 2017, only the runtimes.

I need to compile it, don't I?

View PostRomulus, on 26 May 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

I need to compile it, don't I?

There are binaries here https://github.com/j...master/binaries I will make new binaries this weekend with the updated changes.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View Posticecoldduke, on 26 May 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

In order to get true shadow warrior mapping in mapster32, all the logic for editing tags and such would need to be moved over.

Well I think I may be willing and able to do that, I've got a build here that looks for sw.grp and I've been tweeking the 2d mode colors. I'll grab the swpbuild source and get to reading. Should probably open sw's build.exe in dosbox soon to see what's what.

That's the worst of it though right, all the sounds work in mapster as is? The other known issues are player view height in 3d mode and default visibility. If anyone else can think of anything please say so.

This post has been edited by Drek: 26 May 2017 - 03:27 PM

View PostDrek, on 26 May 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Well I think I may be willing and able to do that, I've got a build here that looks for sw.grp and I've been tweeking the 2d mode colors. I'll grab the swpbuild source and get to reading. Should probably open sw's build.exe in dosbox soon to see what's what.

That's the worst of it though right, all the sounds work in mapster as is? The other known issues are player view height in 3d mode and default visibility. If anyone else can think of anything please say so.

That I don't know. I would start by hooking up all the special key combos and attribute editing shit thats unique to shadow warrior. In theory thats all you should need to do besides possibly the sound stuff.

Just noticed something.

If you untick the Fullscreen option from SWP 4.3.3, all the WideScreen resolutions disappear, meaning you can't run WideScreen resolutions in Windowed mode.

Sigh. I can't get MSI Afterburner to take screenshots when in FullScreen. Any console commands/Key bind recommendations for taking screenshots while FullScreen from within SWP?

User is offline   Kyanos 

strcpy(tempbuf, "Boolean Sprite tag 11 (0 or 1): ");
                value = !!TEST_BOOL11(sp);
                value = getnumber(tempbuf, value, 65536L, 0);
                if (value)
                    SET_BOOL11(sp);
                else
                    RESET_BOOL11(sp);
... and so on

I found it all in jnstub.c, I'm assuming I can just set the defines in my game.h like sw has then move this stuff into astub.c if that makes sense.

This post has been edited by Drek: 26 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

F12 should do it.

I think this demonstrates the issue pretty well:

Posted Image

All screenshots were taken at 1080p.

This post has been edited by Romulus: 26 May 2017 - 08:58 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Completely unrelated but where did the sprites on the walls go in SWCP :P

User is offline   Kyanos 

Posted Image

I got the tags working, and saving. I need to test them in game but it should work the same I think.

• Weaponized Autism

I bet you could get that working in m32script, so there would be no need to fork Mapster.

A proper SW Mapster32 will be as much if not more work as the game porting.

User is offline   MetHy 

When I made my map I quickly realized that a SW Mapster32 would need more than just "tags implementation" to work.

Here is an example: boats and other driveable vehicules. If I tried to Build the sectors of the vehicule in Mapster32, then made the ST1 and other effects in SWPBuild, the boat wouldn't work properly. Well actually I think it WOULD work but only if it had less than something like 10 sectors.

Then, if I tried to re-build the exact same sector structure, built the exact same way, but this time using SWPBuild from the start, it would work.

I also had some issues with turrets, and I think it was related. Again, I was limited to very few sectors if I had to build its sectors with M32.
Then, if I built it with SWPBuild, the turret would work but would constantly break and glitch the level for no apparent reasons as I kept building unrelated stuff in other parts of the level using Mapster32. I ended up giving up, deleted it, and re-made the turret only when the entire level was done.

Then there is also the entire scale difference, but that's one thing one can get used to.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 27 May 2017 - 12:11 AM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

A while ago I was trying to find Twin Dragon-related stuff via the Wayback Machine. Level Infinity's website used to have quite a few screenshots but only thumbnails have been archived for whatever reason. I wonder if anyone has these in full resolution, or maybe there was a mirror that got better preserved in the WM?

On another note, when playing the second level of Twin Dragon (City of Despair) I had a strong impression that its design was to an extent influenced by LameDuke's cityscape levels (especially this area). Could it be the case, or is it just a coincidence?

View PostLunick, on 26 May 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

Completely unrelated but where did the sprites on the walls go in SWCP :P

Apparently there's a bug. I can break SWCP's WideScreen and that helps it to render the missing sprites.

View PostMetHy, on 27 May 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

Here is an example: boats and other driveable vehicules. If I tried to Build the sectors of the vehicule in Mapster32, then made the ST1 and other effects in SWPBuild, the boat wouldn't work properly. Well actually I think it WOULD work but only if it had less than something like 10 sectors.

There is something wierd going on that might be a bug in eduke32. Here is one example, in build bit 15 for cstat should render a sprite invisible. The reason in my branch that sprites are invisible in Polymer is when CSTAT_SPRITE_BLOCK_MISSILE(bit 14) is set on a sprite the sprite becomes invisible. As such in SW Polymer, changing

#define CSTAT_SPRITE_BLOCK_MISSILE  BIT(14)

to

#define CSTAT_SPRITE_BLOCK_MISSILE  BIT(11)

Sprites render normally in Polymer.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 27 May 2017 - 06:43 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostHendricks266, on 26 May 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

I bet you could get that working in m32script, so there would be no need to fork Mapster.A proper SW Mapster32 will be as much if not more work as the game porting.

I can't do this in m32 script. Helixhorned or you probably could. I still think it's worth my effort, and I like the learning part of it so I'm going to continue with it for now. I never intended a proper fork, I grabbed an old build before TROR (1775) and started there. Mainly because it's all I could get to compile.

View PostMetHy, on 27 May 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

When I made my map I quickly realized that a SW Mapster32 would need more than just "tags implementation" to work.Here is an example: boats and other driveable vehicules. If I tried to Build the sectors of the vehicule in Mapster32, then made the ST1 and other effects in SWPBuild, the boat wouldn't work properly. Well actually I think it WOULD work but only if it had less than something like 10 sectors. Then, if I tried to re-build the exact same sector structure, built the exact same way, but this time using SWPBuild from the start, it would work.I also had some issues with turrets, and I think it was related. Again, I was limited to very few sectors if I had to build its sectors with M32.Then, if I built it with SWPBuild, the turret would work but would constantly break and glitch the level for no apparent reasons as I kept building unrelated stuff in other parts of the level using Mapster32. I ended up giving up, deleted it, and re-made the turret only when the entire level was done.Then there is also the entire scale difference, but that's one thing one can get used to.

Thanks for this it's very useful info, I can try to look into it as I go forward. It will probably be something missing from game side code that mapster32 doesn't have due to it being duke3d based.

• Weaponized Autism

View Posticecoldduke, on 27 May 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

There is something wierd going on that might be a bug in eduke32. Here is one example, in build bit 15 for cstat should render a sprite invisible. The reason in my branch that sprites are invisible in Polymer is when CSTAT_SPRITE_BLOCK_MISSILE(bit 14) is set on a sprite the sprite becomes invisible. As such in SW Polymer, changing

#define CSTAT_SPRITE_BLOCK_MISSILE  BIT(14)

to

#define CSTAT_SPRITE_BLOCK_MISSILE  BIT(11)

Sprites render normally in Polymer.

Both of those bits are taken in EDuke32. http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Cstat

This is one of the significant issues that porting SW has. I know what the solution is.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Posted Image

Palswaps were coded into sw they don't work in Mapster, so instead of doing it "proper" like that I've started making a lookup.dat for Mapster32 to use.

View PostHendricks266, on 27 May 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

Both of those bits are taken in EDuke32. http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/Cstat

This is one of the significant issues that porting SW has. I know what the solution is.

What do you purpose?

View PostDrek, on 27 May 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

Palswaps were coded into sw they don't work in Mapster, so instead of doing it "proper" like that I've started making a lookup.dat for Mapster32 to use.

Nice great work!

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 27 May 2017 - 10:04 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Settled on 2dmode colors.

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

Is it the screen cap or are the white walls actually grey. No big deal I guess if there will be no TROR in this project which uses grey walls when isolating sector bunches.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 28 May 2017 - 04:56 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

I will make them brighter. About TROR, I'm close to compiling 4249, my preferred version of mapster, stuck on SDL2 errors...

User is offline   Hank 

first steps learning Korean, so I may be able to provide some textures for this project :P

512 version, for polymost
Attached File  Gate01.png (469K)
Number of downloads: 9

128 version, needs a touch up, will do it when I'm better with Korean, no clue if this really translates to Zilla Enterprises :P
Attached File  Gate01sm.png (7.81K)
Number of downloads: 8

Any Korean in the house?

This post has been edited by Hank: 28 May 2017 - 06:37 PM

Drek check your pm.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Posted Image

Some alt-pals working (all three cars) and voxels (uzi & armor).

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostLunick, on 20 May 2017 - 03:31 AM, said:

A workaround for this apparently is to turn voxel rendering off :P

I've tried that. Didn't work Posted Image

User is offline   LeoTCK 

• Banned Traitor

You know what would be great? A TMNT or Batman themed mod for SW!

With Batman you could introduce the league of shadows easily into SW...Shadow Warrior Shadow League...

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options