• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior betas released!

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I mentioned having more stuff, and they invited me to send it their way once I excavated it fully.

User is offline   LeoTCK 

• Banned Traitor

View PostHendricks266, on 22 May 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

I mentioned having more stuff, and they invited me to send it their way once I excavated it fully.

Excavated? Well something should be also done about a certain expansion. Perhaps make it more public/announce it so people from the community can help you.

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostLeoTCK, on 22 May 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Excavated? Well something should be also done about a certain expansion. Perhaps make it more public/announce it so people from the community can help you.

By that I think he means that the alphas/betas are not fully ready to play "as is". They need to be fixed up to be playable.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLeoTCK, on 22 May 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

Btw someone says he has problem getting the 1995 build running, one of them that is. I didnt try it yet myself. He says it complains about not finding sound.dat and something else. What's the solution for this and is it a common problem?

EDIT: It was the september '95 version.

Your someone must have have gotten a pirate rip of the data, because this is explained in my betas.bat. Also _note.txt.

Excavated?

Developer hard drives are not organized. If you read the quote chain, Robman is referring to the source code history.

Well something should be also done about a certain expansion. Perhaps make it more public/announce it so people from the community can help you.

I agree.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostHendricks266, on 22 May 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

I hope your time and effort are being compensated

• Weaponized Autism

Ideally the good will could be put toward the Deadly Kiss voice acting fund. The team is getting back into gear, and it's the only thing we can't cover either ourselves or after community networking.

I like how they used both Doom and Rise of the Triad sounds as placeholders throughout development.
And it looks like the Shadow Warrior team used spray.mid from ROTT, while the Duke team used fastway.mid.

And the SW.RTS file of the 1997 build is full of 'Full Metal Jacket' quotes.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostHendricks266, on 22 May 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

Ideally the good will could be put toward the Deadly Kiss voice acting fund. The team is getting back into gear, and it's the only thing we can't cover either ourselves or after community networking.

OK, create or maintain a Deadly kiss thread here and keep the public updated on the progress.
The "team" gained the DK material 7 years ago.

In 2016 here's Jimmy's status update:

View PostJimmy, on 15 April 2016 - 08:28 PM, said:

While Deadly Kiss is a cool project as a whole, don't get too worked up about it in the meantime. The development copy we received was maybe like 45% done, and mostly maps. Maybe I'm being mouthy because I'm drunk. But whatever. It's got some decent levels so far, but it's really unfinished. If it was never released, you really wouldn't be missing out. The levels are fun, but have no context because it's just not finished. But the aim of the Deadly Kiss Restoration Project is to make it fucking awesome and worthy of being a Shadow Warrior "successor." We've maybe done 5% of further work on it. Hopefully the future is positive for us.

If you aren't going to make the material public RIGHT NOW for people who can work on it, then atleast have the DK thread made where progress reports are placed. Keep the public in the loop because chances are we'll be asking where DK is in another 7 years and that's unacceptable.

This post has been edited by Robman: 22 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

User is offline   Svanis 

I must mention that in the 96 beta, you get an R. Lee Ermey quote if you press alt+f4. (No joke! It doesn't actually close down the game).

At least they did before the other versions showed up, but when there were only three to pick from it worked, they seem compiled differently now.

This post has been edited by Svanis: 22 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostRobman, on 22 May 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

Has it really been 7 years? I can find some stuff from 5ish years ago but I don't think a proper team was formed until 3 or 4ish years ago?

User is offline   Forge 

little progress probaly because:

View PostHendricks266, on 05 April 2016 - 09:12 AM, said:

DK stopped production in an incomplete state back in 1997, and so far I have been unable to track down the necessary documentation that will let me lead my team in the right direction. I don't even have a credits list of the original dev team.

Work is entirely paused until I track down one last lead.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

I pm'd him quite awhile ago about it and he said they didn't need to contact the "last lead" anymore.
They could have easily kept working on it in the mean time.

@Lunick, the DK recovery began at the very LEAST early 2011.

This post has been edited by Robman: 22 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostRobman, on 22 May 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

I pm'd him quite awhile ago about it and he said they didn't need to contact the "last lead" anymore.
They could have easily kept working on it in the mean time.

@Lunick, the DK recovery began at the very LEAST early 2011.

Ah. I didn't see the follow up to that message - this is why we need a dedicated DK thread

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostForge, on 22 May 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

this is why we need a dedicated DK thread

I'm not going to make it but I think you're right.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

If you aren't going to make the material public RIGHT NOW for people who can work on it, then atleast have the DK thread made where progress reports are placed. Keep the public in the loop because chances are we'll be asking where DK is in another 7 years and that's unacceptable.

You don't get to decide these things, Rob. Anyone who has expressed interest in working on the project has been given that chance. The team is literally everyone who has ever volunteered.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Really, because I volunteered back when Nacho asked for mappers. - Denied.
And since then I've released a 15 map expansion of my own for SW.

Crazy eh?

This post has been edited by Robman: 22 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Nacho is a pleb.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSvanis, on 22 May 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

I must mention that in the 96 beta, you get an R. Lee Ermey quote if you press alt+f4. (No joke! It doesn't actually close down the game).

At least they did before the other versions showed up, but when there were only three to pick from it worked, they seem compiled differently now.

Try the other function keys too! It's the Remote Ridicule feature.

View PostRobman, on 22 May 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

Really, because I volunteered back when Nacho asked for mappers. - Denied.
And since then I've released a 15 map expansion of my own for SW.

Crazy eh?

DanM won out the first time. He later parted ways with the project and Daedolon was on hand to step in. The skills you've built since then are counterbalanced by attitude.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Julian Assange messaged me with some deep info by the way: It took you seven years to make a fifteen map add-on in which two maps aren't even made by you.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostHendricks266, on 22 May 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

The skills you've built since then are counterbalanced by attitude.

I'm not sure I can laugh hard enough at that...but I'll try.
You know Hendricks, we COULD get along.

It should be evident by now that I have the best interests of Shadow Warrior at heart,
even if it means beating you "Duke" guys with a stick to pay attention to Lo Wang.

This post has been edited by Robman: 22 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

• Weaponized Autism

Anyway,

OK, create or maintain a Deadly kiss thread here and keep the public updated on the progress.

You don't get to make demands. You just got some new toys, so sit down and shut up.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostHendricks266, on 22 May 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

You don't get to make demands. You just got some new toys, so sit down and shut up.

Keep it up, I'll pull into the passing lane and go right around you.

Just like I did for the betas.

You aren't God's gift to the Build Engine, you're merely a servant.

This post has been edited by Robman: 22 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I bothered to scroll all the way to the end of that laugh but there was no payoff. Payback for DNF.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You know I love you bb

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by NeverSawFreeWilly: 22 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The thought of you tying me to a tree gets my dick pretty hard tbh

User is offline   LeoTCK 

• Banned Traitor

I think the beta release is pretty blissful. This whole argument kind of stops me from trying more out. As I did join the DK restoration team with someone else in 2011 to provide files given to me by a level designer who worked on the project and to betatest the maps.

I didn't want this to get into some kind of petty fight though. I saw the release of betas and thought that DK could finally be put out there with request for more manpower if necessary. I won't be going to more details as a more detailed post got lost in the meantime and I have limited energy.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options