Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior corner  "This thread has alotta Wangs! Discussions on Shadow Warrior only."

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostLunick, on 02 March 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

Is there a reason the Wikipedia should reference it?

Not a reference.. a link at the bottom under the "External Links" heading.

Ya know, down there by the Moby Games link and Official 3DR site.

This post has been edited by Robman: 02 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

User is online   Lunick 

Okay but you still didn't answer why it should be on the Wikipedia page. Blood doesn't link any fan-sites aside from another Wiki, neither does Duke Nukem 3D.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostLunick, on 02 March 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

Okay but you still didn't answer why it should be on the Wikipedia page. Blood doesn't link any fan-sites aside from another Wiki, neither does Duke Nukem 3D.

Because it's an External Site that is Shadow Warrior related.

Attached File  forlunick.PNG (101.49K)
Number of downloads: 58

Are you the wiener that removed my SWC link before? .. Hmmmm.

You don't think the largest SW website would be worth mentioning down in the links?
Duke4 should be added to the Duke3d page, CGS and RTCM as they fall under the category of an External Link.
It's a section for external links related to the topic, lots of Wiki articles about games have "non official" sites listed.

This post has been edited by Robman: 05 March 2017 - 01:41 AM

User is online   Lunick 

Please take a look at Wikipedia's External Links: Links Normally To Be Avoided

11. Blogs, personal web pages and most fansites.

I think I might have a Wikipedia account but I can't recall the last time I used it, nor would I have removed your link even though it doesn't align with Wikipedia.

You might also want to look at Advertising

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Meh, it should be there....and it "aligns."
=================================

Links normally to be avoided

Except for a link to an official page of the article's subject,[5] one should generally avoid providing external links to:

Any site that does not provide a unique resource beyond what the article would contain if it became a featured article. In other words, the site should not merely repeat information that is already in the article. SWC provides a shitonne more info and resources than the wiki article.

Any site that misleads the reader by use of factually inaccurate material or unverifiable research, except to a limited extent in articles about the viewpoints that the site is presenting. Nope.

Sites containing malware, malicious scripts, trojan exploits, or content that is illegal to access in the United States. Suspected malware sites can be reported by following the instructions at Wikipedia:Spam blacklist. Nope, SWC is fresh and clean as a daisy.

Links mainly intended to promote a website, including online petitions. See Wikipedia:Spam § External link spamming.
Individual web pages[6] that primarily exist to sell products or services, or to web pages with objectionable amounts of advertising. For example, the mobile phone article should not link to web pages that mostly promote or advertise cell-phone products or services. SWC PROMOTES SHADOW WARRIOR.

Sites that require payment or registration to view the relevant content, unless the site itself is the subject of the article, or the link is a convenience link to a citation.[5] See § Sites requiring registration. NOPE, SWC is FREE!

Sites that are inaccessible to a substantial number of users, such as sites that work only with a specific browser or in a specific country.
SWC even works on mobile browsers!

Direct links to documents that require external applications or plugins (such as Flash or Java) to view the content, unless the article is about such file formats. See § Rich media for more details. Nope

Any search results pages, such as links to individual website searches, search engines, search aggregators, or RSS feeds.
Nope

Social networking sites (such as Myspace, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram), chat or discussion forums/groups (such as Yahoo! Groups), Twitter feeds, Usenet newsgroups or email lists. Ta hell with social media :P

Blogs, personal web pages and most fansites (negative ones included), except those written by a recognized authority. (This exception for blogs, etc., controlled by recognized authorities is meant to be very limited; as a minimum standard, recognized authorities who are individuals always meet Wikipedia's notability criteria for people.) WTF, how is anything on Wikipedia?

Open wikis, except those with a substantial history of stability and a substantial number of editors. Mirrors or forks of Wikipedia should not be linked.
Nope.

Sites that are only indirectly related to the article's subject: the link should be directly related to the subject of the article. A general site that has information about a variety of subjects should usually not be linked from an article on a more specific subject. Similarly, a website on a specific subject should usually not be linked from an article about a general subject. If a section of a general website is devoted to the subject of the article, and meets the other criteria for linking, then that part of the site could be deep linked. SWC is DIRECTLY about SHADOW WARRIOR.

Lists of links to manufacturers, suppliers or customers.
Nope.

Sites already linked through Wikipedia sourcing tools.[5] For example, instead of linking to a commercial book site, consider the "ISBN" linking format, which gives readers an opportunity to search a wide variety of free and non-free book sources. Map sources can be linked by using geographical coordinates.
Nope.

Sites that are not reliably functional and/or not likely to continue being functional. For example, links to temporary internet content, where the link is unlikely to remain operable for a useful amount of time. Weebly has proven to be a very reliable host. SWC is 2 years OLDER than Wikipedia.

Affiliate, tracking or referral links, i.e., links that contain information about who is to be credited for readers that follow the link. If the source itself is helpful, use a neutral link without the tracking information. Huh? Nope.

External links on Wikipedia navigation templates or navigation pages such as disambiguation, redirect and category pages.
Websites of organizations mentioned in an article—unless they otherwise qualify as something that should be linked or considered.[5][7]
Nope.

Put SWC in the damn links section! ;)

This post has been edited by Robman: 03 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostRobman, on 02 March 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

Any site that does not provide a unique resource beyond what the article would contain if it became a featured article. In other words, the site should not merely repeat information that is already in the article. SWC provides a shitonne more info and resources than the wiki article.

The perhaps you should consider reviving your Wikipedia account and adding info you think is missing and needs to be known to the SW Wiki page?

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostMrFlibble, on 04 March 2017 - 02:30 AM, said:

The perhaps you should consider reviving your Wikipedia account and adding info you think is missing and needs to be known to the SW Wiki page?

I did one better and created a whole website with everything I could find and make for the game.
The website I made is older than Wikipedia too. F%^* Wikipeedia.

Do you have anything I could add to the site?

This post has been edited by Robman: 05 March 2017 - 01:43 AM

User is offline   axl 

Is anyone else having trouble running classic Shadow Warrior smoothly using a source port?

- Classic Redux: I always experience some sort of lag.. I tried everything, fullscreen, borderless, maxfps, vsync, ... but the game never runs as smooth as other games
- Proasm: same issue... I can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't run nearly as smooth as Duke under Eduke32.

It saddens me a bit that the game runs better under dosbox than through these modern ports.

User is offline   Mark 

SWP runs fine for me. It has for a long time. As long as its not more than 20 lines or so, cut and paste the text from your SWP.log file here. Maybe it will give someone a hint.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 05 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I would suggest disabling VSync, but you've already tried that. The problem probably stems from the mouse input methods those ports use, though Redux uses SDL2 and we do too...

User is offline   axl 

View PostHendricks266, on 05 March 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

I would suggest disabling VSync, but you've already tried that. The problem probably stems from the mouse input methods those ports use, though Redux uses SDL2 and we do too...

Yes, but disabling vsync causes screen tearing. And if I don't cap the fps, the mousebuttons no longer act correctly or responsive... I get the best results from uncapping the framerate, enabling vsync AND running in a window... I remember having the same problem with Duke Nukem Megaton Edition.

No other source port gives me troubles however (quakespasm, Eduke32, yamagi quake 2, hammer of thyrion, gzdoom, ...). Capping the fps to 60 and using vsync all give fantastic results.

This post has been edited by axl: 06 March 2017 - 04:50 AM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Anybody have the "Zilla's Vengeance" SW add-on? I think only the demo was released - zvdemo.zip

Also a demo was supposedly released of an add-on called "The Sex Warrior," if anybody has that one.

This post has been edited by Robman: 07 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Free DLC is out.

Shadow Warrior 1997 turns 20 years old today! Anyone planning on playing it today to celebrate it's 20th anniversary?

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Robman: 13 May 2017 - 10:28 PM

User is offline   Hank 

Posted Image
One hell of a game. :(

User is offline   MetHy 

Why hasn't anyone posted this?

http://joesiegler.bl...rrior-turns-20/

You guys too busy trolling each others?

This post has been edited by MetHy: 16 May 2017 - 12:53 AM

User is offline   axl 

View PostMetHy, on 16 May 2017 - 12:53 AM, said:

Very interesting read !

View PostMetHy, on 16 May 2017 - 12:53 AM, said:

Awesome stuff, thanks for posting!

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Are those books any good, by the way? I always wondered about both SW and Duke books.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostSledgehammer, on 16 May 2017 - 05:19 AM, said:

Are those books any good, by the way? I always wondered about both SW and Duke books.

I have You only die twice; it's not gonna win any literature awards and man the plot is fucking dumb but I don't regret reading it.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

And don't forget to mention: In those books, Wang actually gets chicks laid. That is not exactly what you would expect after playing the original game. But I guess everybody can get lucky eventually, if that's a lesson you would like to "learn" from those novels. :(

BTW, speaking of the Shadow Warrior soundtrack, any idea why some of the tracks present in the shareware version in MIDI form were not included with the CD version? (JIC, I'm not talking about the two cancelled tracks from the leaked beta, but about the regular shareware version.) I understand that limited CD space was probably the reason, but it still feels a bit weird, especially because the registered version does not include any MIDI music at all (there are some mid-90s games that support both MIDI and CD music and also have non-identical track lists in these formats, like Age of Empires).

Specifically, the MIDI-only tracks are 254mm and Morse Kodo. The other two in-level tracks (Attention! and Everybody OFF!) as well as the title music have their CD Audio counterparts.

Here's a Gamecenter sneak peek of Shadow Warrior, including an interview with George Broussard (Wayback Machine copy):
http://www.gamecenter.com/Features/Peeks/Shadow/

I was worried I had accidentally kept the Wanton Destruction box and long since misplaced it. Glad to know it is probably still in a bundle of old 3DR stuff somewhere if Joe still had it when 3DR shut down. Was a great box.

• Weaponized Autism

Discussion on the betas: https://forums.duke4...betas-released/

Since the Shadow Warrior betas has been released. Any news on the unreleased Deadly Kiss addon?

• Weaponized Autism

No news.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostHendricks266, on 19 May 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

No news.

There's a shocker.

User is offline   termit 

• General Arcade

Posted Image
This is a great week for Shadow Warrior fans, just to summarize:
- All SW games are heavily discounted during Devolver Digital publisher weekend: http://store.steampo.../sale/devolver/
- Shadow Warrior betas are available on Steam: https://twitter.com/...583004571246593
- Shadow Warrior 2 released on Xbox One and PS4, Shadow Warrior (2013) free for limited time: https://twitter.com/...543043251748865
- Shadow Warrior Classic Redux is available on Google Play Store: https://play.google....al.swredux.play
- Special Reserve announced collectors edition of Shadow Warrior: https://twitter.com/...569012410863616

This post has been edited by termit: 19 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options