Duke4.net Forums: Blood corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood corner  "For Blood 1 & 2 related talk."

Found some footage of Blood 2 at E3 '98.

"Sitting here with OG game designer Nick Newhard discussing secrets.. U do the math. #iLiveAgain"

Posted Image

Jace is such a tease.

This post has been edited by Blake: 08 July 2016 - 07:50 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Kevin Kilstrom and Matt Saettler were also tagged in the Facebook post.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostBlake, on 08 July 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

"Sitting here with OG game designer Nick Newhard discussing secrets.. U do the math. #iLiveAgain"

-pic-

Jace is such a tease.

I hope this actually leads to something

User is offline   leilei 

They ported Blood to the 2600 obv

• Weaponized Autism

The EDuke32 team has weighed in...

https://twitter.com/...962109186039808
https://twitter.com/...962173090463744
https://www.facebook...171005929588150

slut.cpp :P

User is offline   Psycho87 

https://twitter.com/...844510870810624

Let's see if anything comes off of it this time.

User is offline   Psycho87 

Yeah, let's hope so.

A source code release would be ideal, but Jace has never seemed interested in that, so this is likely about Blood 3 or a remastered version of the original game.

I'm not sure how I feel about a remastered version though. Personally all I want is mostly the original game with bug fixes, a truly 3D hardware-accelerated renderer, better multiplayer support and more modding features such as TROR.

I'd like the original reworked to run on current machines, with bug fixes and the like.
It'd also be great if they made a new episode too, ala with Quake 1 :P

https://www.facebook...303?pnref=story

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 15 July 2016 - 04:22 PM

Can't wait for Blood 2: Good Edition.

View PostPsycho87, on 15 July 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

A source code release would be ideal, but Jace has never seemed interested in that, so this is likely about Blood 3 or a remastered version of the original game.

This seems most likely.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Hey guys, found a copy of One Unit Whole Blood today in a thrift store (for three bucks, nonetheless) and it's in mint condition... with one caveat. For some reason it has a (near mint condition) copy of the Cryptic Passage manual. I have no idea how this happened, but I'd really like to get a OUWB manual for this. Does anyone have one they'd be able to part with? I'll pay for it. As for the Cryptic Passage manual, I'll give it to anyone who needs one to complete their copy of CP for free. If it makes a difference to anyone, I'm not going to be selling this. I want it for myself.

This post has been edited by Jimmy Gnosis: 23 August 2016 - 03:49 PM

User is offline   axl 

i just realized that Blood will have its 20th anniversary within a couple of months (31th may)... and with all the "recent" posts from Jace Hall regarding Blood (the tweets "discussing secrets", ...)... could this mean they are actually planning some re-release (maybe with some extra's like WT) in honor of Blood turning 20 ? Or... would it be better not to get our hopes up?

• Weaponized Autism

Happy 20th birthday Blood! (Blood 1.0 shareware)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Hell yeah!

User is offline   Master O 

View Postaxl, on 22 January 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

i just realized that Blood will have its 20th anniversary within a couple of months (31th may)... and with all the "recent" posts from Jace Hall regarding Blood (the tweets "discussing secrets", ...)... could this mean they are actually planning some re-release (maybe with some extra's like WT) in honor of Blood turning 20 ? Or... would it be better not to get our hopes up?

The only thing Blood-related that would satisfy me would be the release of Blood's source code or at the very least, wresting the rights away from Atari.

View PostMaster O, on 08 March 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

The only thing Blood-related that would satisfy me would be the release of Blood's source code or at the very least, wresting the rights away from Atari.

I agree, but I doubt Jace would pay all that money for the right just to release the source code for Blood. Jace would need to know that he would at least make some money back on his investment. I just hope he decides to do a steam shovelware port using eduke32 and releases the source code along with the purchase of the game.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 08 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

User is offline   Master O 

View Posticecoldduke, on 08 March 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

I agree, but I doubt Jace would pay all that money for the right just to release the source code for Blood. Jace would need to know that he would at least make some money back on his investment. I just hope he decides to do a steam shovelware port using eduke32 and releases the source code along with the purchase of the game.

I never said he would get the rights solely to release the source code, but at the very least, he has to get the legal situation with Atari sorted out. That's the main problem here. As long as Atari holds the IP, his hands are tied.

This post has been edited by Master O: 11 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Remember that Atari has publishing rights for the series and Warner Brothers are the ones actually holding the IP.

User is offline   axl 

This looks very promising...

User is offline   BloodGuy 

It's supercool that the hype around Blood, Duke and other oldschool FPS is high and so many people are active.

BloodGDX looks promising too!

I put some guys together and we are developing on a new Build-Engine-like Game Engine, currently called ReBuild.
We want to make a Blood-inspired game called TrashGore where you play a butcher who must save the world from zombie-animals that are the result of rancid meat he sold :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

The engine is 90% done and we started developing!
Once we have gameplay you will read about it, i swear :(

View Postaxl, on 07 May 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

This looks very promising...

This was a kinda fast turnaround.
Very excited to try this out

User is offline   BloodGuy 

Heya, and another great news:
Just found out a great blood-fan just released a 5-EPISODE sized Blood Add-On that, as he says, took him 5 years of development! :(

LOI2

http://blood.freemin...ion=maps&id=575

User is offline   Lunick 

Reading through M210's FAQ and there are a few things that irk me.

How is Blood 1.0 more "readable" than Blood 1.21 after reverse-engineering? I'm not a Blood Expert by any means but was there any significant improvements that are going to missing due to the "port" being based on 1.0 instead of 1.21? As well as any incompatibilities?

The screen resolution thing is weird too because I don't understand what it means that it will "still look like 320x200" and stretched. Does that mean there isn't any proper widescreen support?

User is offline   Jim 

View PostLunick, on 07 May 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

Reading through M210's FAQ and there are a few things that irk me.

How is Blood 1.0 more "readable" than Blood 1.21 after reverse-engineering? I'm not a Blood Expert by any means but was there any significant improvements that are going to missing due to the "port" being based on 1.0 instead of 1.21? As well as any incompatibilities?

I think Alt fires for some of the weapons, although he promised to make them later

User is offline   axl 

The thing that strikes me is that the gameplay in his latest video seems REALLY accurate.

BloodCM was cleary a total conversion of Duke3D.... But BloodGDX... well I'm really excited to try this thing out :-)

View Postaxl, on 08 May 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

BloodCM was cleary a total conversion of Duke3D.... But BloodGDX... well I'm really excited to try this thing out :-)

I would challenge you(or anyone) to play BloomCM and BloodGDX back to back. I doubt you guys could tell the difference(besides BloomCM is more complete :(). I do hope that Jace shares the source code with the community. I would buy the ineviditable steam shovelware port if it included the source code.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 08 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options