Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

Maybe...
Attached Image: duke0001.png

...maybe.

Seems I have lost much of the later revisions, but not much progress was made beyond detailing and hooking up a door opening mechanism.

User is offline   Sanek 

Our project don't even have a title right now, but we already have a team's logo. :blink:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: CANDYLOGO.png

User is offline   Mark 

Thats one of the fun parts of doing a mod.

User is offline   Jolteon 

Here are some new enemies That will be appearing in my next map, There's will be more, but it will be a surprise.

Firstly, Here's an Expander Enforcer. An Enforcer with red tinted armor who can fire Expander shots.

Attached Image: duke0195.png Attached Image: duke0196.png

Next up, if you thought the Snake Head is underwhelming, then wait until you meet his big brothers.
Here's an Ice Snake Head, who can fire Freezers at you.

Attached Image: duke0197.png Attached Image: duke0198.png

Then there's the Fire Snake Head who can also fire Expander Shots at you.

Attached Image: duke0199.png Attached Image: duke0201.png

Wait. With these guys grouped up with the Freezer Lizard from LR & WB, there's a theme going on here, I think.

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 24 April 2017 - 06:42 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Will be Working on the final boss of my mod and also currently working on the ending, will be an epic ending when the mothership destroys itself.

User is offline   Sanek 

Candy...you must collect them all to finish the level.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0028.png

User is offline   Merlijn 

Cool stuff Sanek! Gotta love that retro feel. :blink:

User is offline   Sanek 

I need someone who can draw sprites - enemies, you know. Me and Eddy have no trouble with maps and cons, but new enemies is the only area we can't handle. And we only about 5 to 10 frames for them! I already wrote about it to a couple of men, but I also post it here - just in case.

Oh, and...

View PostMerlijn, on 23 April 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

Cool stuff Sanek! Gotta love that retro feel. :blink:

Thanks!

User is offline   Mark 

People here have created many sheets worth of new enemy sprites. Did you do a search for them? So many made but I don't see a lot of them getting used.

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostMark., on 24 April 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

People here have created many sheets worth of new enemy sprites. Did you do a search for them? So many made but I don't see a lot of them getting used.

Yes, I've looked everything in stockpile theard. And I don't need these sprites. I need more cartoony sprites, while the sprites being posted is more on the "serious side". :blink:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostSanek, on 24 April 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

Yes, I've looked everything in stockpile theard. And I don't need these sprites. I need more cartoony sprites, while the sprites being posted is more on the "serious side". :blink:

Surely there'd be some cartoony sprites for mods in other games you might be able to borrow. Creating new actor sprites from scratch is a lot of work, and it might be difficult to find someone willing to commit to that.

User is offline   Mark 

https://www.google.c...iw=1920&bih=962

In case you don't find someone to make them.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 24 April 2017 - 04:15 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

Oh well, I guess you convinced me.
Besides, we can complete the whole thing while waitng for these sprites, anyway...

User is offline   Hank 

working on details - comments are very welcome, 'cause two pair of eyes are better than one.

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 24 April 2017 - 07:59 PM

These are the original Duke3D tiles imported into my new game engine along with five RGB palettes and the translucency/shade/palookup tables. My format natively supports mipmaps and is versatile enough to store the game sounds as well as textures and sprites. This means that it can replace all Duke3D *.art, *.voc, and *.dat files with a single *.bhs file, what also facilitates very fast loading. The editor on the screenshot is BHSEdit which resembles Editart but has more powerful features, is more intuitive to use and probably is the first application to deal with both sounds and 2D graphics using the same GUI.

Eventually this engine should be able to run a Duke3D port.

Posted Image

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Is it the same feature set as vanilla BUILD, or can it do extra things?

View PostTea Monster, on 26 April 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

Is it the same feature set as vanilla BUILD, or can it do extra things?

The feature set of BHSEdit is completely different to Editart as the formats are. In BHSEdit you can freely rotate and zoom image being edited, and it is very straightforward to use as soon as you grasp the keystrokes. A brief list in what my format surpasses Build ART's:
  • Texture sizes of up to 65535 x 65535 (or 32768 x 32768 with mipmaps)
  • Mipmapping integrated into the file format
  • Tile offsets having half-pixel precision
  • Support for both indexed palettes and planar RGB images (also potentially hyperspectral images with up to 255 channels)
  • Support for 8 and 16 bits per channel
  • Slot-specific pixel format options (linear luminance, gamma-corrected, logarithmic scale, indexed color, also vector representation for normal mapping)
  • The transparent color can be individually assigned for each tile or removed altogether
  • Each slot has its own physical resolution and nominal ingame brightness (facilitates texture scaling and lighting)
  • Flexible memory organization; storing data either in rows like ordinary bitmaps or in columns like Build tiles, in future also as constant-width bands to improve caching
  • Storing sounds in the same format with mostly the same capabilities

The BHS slots are just passive data by themselves, without things like animations and multiple viewing angles. These interactivity features should be enabled only through the ABHS engine extension. This means that animations stored inside *.art files will need to be imported separately.

As for the engine itself, it is deemed to support multiple renderers and multiple map formats (both 2D and 3D), but none have been developed so far. Eventually I hope to release commercial indie games using this tech.

This post has been edited by Jan Satcitananda: 27 April 2017 - 04:53 AM

• Honored Donor

View PostJan Satcitananda, on 27 April 2017 - 04:49 AM, said:

• Texture sizes of up to 65535 x 65535 (or 32768 x 32768 with mipmaps)

Ah, megatextures Posted Image

User is offline   Maarten 

Tonight, we're gonna build like it's 1996!

1330 sectors, 9999 walls. More info will come..soon..

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Space3.jpg

User is offline   Merlijn 

Moar Oostrum stuff!

Poor theatre.. having an apocalyptic earthquake, a bottemless chasm next door and an invasion of pig cops just kills your business.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: epicentre1.png

This post has been edited by Merlijn: 01 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

User is offline   TDRR 

Working on a new Episode for DOSDuke3D v1.3D (and for 1.4/1.5 if you want the extras :( ) (Featuring my first actual maps), with alternate firing modes a la Duke Xtreme, compared to everything seen in this topic it's definitively nothing impressive.

Posted Image

Keep up the great work guys!

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello,
I am currently working on a pack of boulders and rocks sprites for the community stock pile. I try to follow the great videos from Cage, it's my first try for this type of sprites.
Below the sprites in RVB colours followed by a screen shot in game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by DotK3D: 02 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

Take a look at this little fella. :(

Posted Image

@Dotk3D - nice job! looks very professional, at least to me.

User is offline   Kawa 

View PostSanek, on 03 May 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

Take a look at this little fella. :(

"Howdy!"

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostDotK3D, on 02 May 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

Hello,
I am currently working on a pack of boulders and rocks sprites for the community stock pile. I try to follow the great videos from Cage, it's my first try for this type of sprites.
Below the sprites in RVB colours followed by a screen shot in game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nice! Could I use them in my episode when they are done?

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 03 May 2017 - 03:48 PM

User is offline   DotK3D 

@Sanek : Thank you. And nice job to you to. Are you working on Duke Nukem LSD ? ^^
@Mike : No problem. If you want to test what I have done actualy (since I am a bit slwo ^^), it'sthe art file I use for test.
Attached File  rockstilefile_wip.zip (3.93K)
Number of downloads: 120:

Some Screenshots for my next map.

Attached Image: capt0085.png Attached Image: capt0086.png

Is it too dark or is it perfect the way it is? It's supposed to be in an abandoned mine shaft. I think I'm too inspired by Zero Hour. However there won't be any mine carts you can ride in (There will be mine carts, just can't ride them).

Also DotK3D, Those rocks are really cool. :(

User is offline   DotK3D 

Thank you jolteon. It is a bit difficult to get an idea from your screens on my screen, looks a bit dark ^^.
Edit : But I think I see some snake head on the second screen !

This post has been edited by DotK3D: 04 May 2017 - 11:17 AM

View PostDotK3D, on 04 May 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

Thank you jolteon. It is a bit difficult to get an idea from your screens on my screen, looks a bit dark ^^.
Edit : But I think I see some snake head on the second screen !

You're welcome! :( I did made the area a bit brighter so it's easier to see, but not by too much though, for I do want to keep it dark.

Attached Image: capt0089.png Attached Image: capt0090.png

And yes, those are Snake Heads in the second screenshot. :(

• Honored Donor

View PostJolteon, on 04 May 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

You're welcome! :( I did made the area a bit brighter so it's easier to see, but not by too much though, for I do want to keep it dark.

Attachment capt0089.png Attachment capt0090.png

And yes, those are Snake Heads in the second screenshot. :(

What are you actually aiming for? Keep in mind real darkness doesn't work like that with a black wall in front of you. You could drastically increase the visibility and bump down the shade a bit darker.

Otherwise if you're going to keep it like that you could include some night vision goggles if you haven't already.

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options