Duke4.net Forums: Call of Duty: WWII Trailer - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Call of Duty: WWII Trailer

User is offline   Loke 

Might be the first CoD game I'll play since Modern Warfare which was almost 10 years ago.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

On one hand having a modern AAA WWII game sounds fun, and the addition of co-op and also Nazi zombies is also a plus.
On the other hand, it ends up looking a bit bland and a little too familiar. Compared to the Battlefield 1 trailer that showed many different factions, vehicles, weapons, etc etc, this almost looks basic by comparison. Doesn't mean it won't have varied locations and such, just seems scaled back.
Though the only CoD I've ever enjoyed and bought was actually Advanced Warfare which was also by Sledgehammer, so I have some hopes for this.

I also have hopes some way through the campaign they do a complete 180 twist and soldiers from the future appear and you have to fight off space marines and futuristic vehicles with primitive WWII weapons until you start stealing them. But that might be a pipedream

*edit* Also holy crap, they announced the game won't have regenerating health

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 26 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

User is offline   trustn0! 

Swore off COD and other military multiplayer based shooters years ago and this will be no different.
2017 shooters be looking pretty lackluster imo.

VOIDNT. GIMME THAT BUILD GAME YOU'RE WORKING ON ALREADY. I NEED MY FIX.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

No Russians in CoD about WW2? I won't buy this game.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Why would you even buy one when there is Red Orchestra or World at War if you love CoD and WWII.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I can't stand WWII games. I can't stand military shooters in general. Too much focus on "realism" and cinematics. They keep trying to make military simulators more than an actual fun game with a decent story. So disinterested.

I did enjoy Day of Defeat for a little while, though.

User is offline   Loke 

View PostHulkNukem, on 26 April 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

*edit* Also holy crap, they announced the game won't have regenerating health

Yeah, seems like you're being forced to rely on your team mates (medics) for health and ammo. Very interesting, can't wait to see more.

• The Sarien Encounter

That is interesting. Still not enough to convince me though.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 27 April 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

I can't stand WWII games. I can't stand military shooters in general. Too much focus on "realism" and cinematics. They keep trying to make military simulators more than an actual fun game with a decent story. So disinterested.

Which as we know is pretty pointless. In a real life war if you get shot you'd be very lucky to survive let alone keep on fighting.

The medkit thing still sounds like a form of regenerating health, where you'll have infinite nearby health at your disposal. Still, it's encouraging they're trying to experiment with the gameplay.

It's never going to be my cup of tea if the levels are linear though.

User is offline   Mark 

Before game quality improved to such high levels it was always very easy to distinguish between gameplay and hype cinematics. Its hard to tell for sure, but that trailer looks to me like 98 percent cinematics and just a second or 2 flash of gameplay. I would not plunk down the money or get too excited until I see actual gameplay videos on Youtube.

• The Sarien Encounter

Come on, now. 100% of these games are cinematic sequences really. :(

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postbrullov, on 26 April 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

No Russians in CoD about WW2? I won't buy this game.

How would you play as Winter?

User is offline   neznam 

Posted Image

User is offline   LkMax 

I like the idea of a WWII game with modern technology, but I dislike the use of the same old scenarios used in every other WWII game before. Like, c'mon, D-Day again? WWII happened on a lot of different fronts, they could at least vary a bit more.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 27 April 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

Too much focus on "realism" and cinematics. They keep trying to make military simulators more than an actual fun game with a decent story. So disinterested.

Realism? There's no AAA game more arcade-y than COD with it's Wolverine health system and it's infinite wave of enemies that start and stop depending on which invisible trigger line you cross.
Look for ARMA 3, that's realism seeking.

View PostMicky C, on 27 April 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

It's never going to be my cup of tea if the levels are linear though.

In the past when I was trying to rationalize why I disliked the franchise (seeing as I actually quite liked COD when it was a very new franchise) I also thought it was the very linear level design that put me off, but I've come to conclude that what bothers me a lot more is actually how much scripted the game is. Stopping the player every minute to tell some uninspired plot or show some cinematic setpiece while controlling a protagonist that only listens but doesn't interact in any way with the other characters gets old really quick. I started the game to shoot at things, not listem to some armybro tell me the same story everytime and wait in line to do a slow-motion breach and clear. Since Modern Warfare 1 COD feels boring to me for that reason, even though I try to like it again some times, and I'm not a multiplayer guy but I'd rather play Battlefield anyway.

Seeing also as I can enjoy games like Metal Slug (linear by definition) ocasionally, that reinforces my thinking, even though of course I still like non-linear levels much more and I would choose them If I had the choice.

Edit: on second thought, I will strikethrough that last scentence for I better not give the impression that I endorse linear gameplay. :(

This post has been edited by LkMax: 02 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options