Duke4.net Forums: Found a different Shareware Mac version of Duke Nukem 3D - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Found a different Shareware Mac version of Duke Nukem 3D

User is offline   eisnerguy1 

Posted Image

So, I know that there is a Shareware Mac version listed on the wiki & and in the eDuke32 code. I recently came across a different version. It was a special demo version just for MacUser magazine. This version of the demo has 4 levels instead of 3.

While the original link no longer works, I found "Duke Nukem 3D Demo(PPC).sit" & "Duke MacUser Demo 1.0--1.01.sit" on ftp://61.121.223.225/pub/Games/. It looks like there was a 1.2 update but, I couldn't find the file.

Could support for this version be added to EDuke32? Here's the file's information in the format of the FAQ wiki page:

Size:
10,628,573 bytes

Timestamp:
1997/05/13, 11:51:00

CRC-32:
73a15ee7

MD5 Hash Sum:
627d2ae46182bba24367429f3151ceda

SHA-1 Hash Sum:
d56aadfe57e79519fe9f4249ac5cc9ded4c3ac72

This post has been edited by eisnerguy1: 23 April 2017 - 06:50 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Could you upload those two files somewhere? They are demos, so they are freely redistributable.

View PostHendricks266, on 23 April 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

Could you upload those two files somewhere? They are demos, so they are freely redistributable.

Ok, yeah. I've uploaded "Duke Nukem 3D Demo(PPC).sit", "Duke MacUser Demo 1.0--1.01.sit" & "DukeNukem3DDemo(PPC) 1.0.1.sit" (a pre-patched version of the demo to 1.0.1) on mediafire:
https://www.mediafir...3D_MacUser_Demo

This post has been edited by eisnerguy1: 23 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Cool, thanks. I've mirrored it on Dukeworld. It looks like support for this GRP will be in the next synthesis build, thanks to TX.

View PostHendricks266, on 23 April 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

Cool, thanks. I've mirrored it on Dukeworld. It looks like support for this GRP will be in the next synthesis build, thanks to TX.

Awesome! If I find the 1.2 update for this demo, I'll update this post.

Try;

ftp://ftp.gamers.org...DemoU12_sea.hqx
ftp://ftp.atari.com/...DemoU12.sea.hqx

May be slow, may not be the files you are looking for (though they share a name) and you may have to right click the links as those servers seem to default to ASCII mode.

Not sure if there's anything else useful in the directories, may be worth a look.
ftp://ftp.atari.com/patches/duke3d/
ftp://ftp.gamers.org...net/duke3d/mac/
Seems the second one has some maps, but I think they're all on the DukeWorld archive already.

View PostHigh Treason, on 23 April 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

Try;

ftp://ftp.gamers.org...DemoU12_sea.hqx

May be slow, may not be the files you are looking for (though they share a name) and you may have to right click the links as those servers seem to default to ASCII mode.

Not sure if there's anything else useful in the directories, may be worth a look.
ftp://ftp.atari.com/patches/duke3d/
ftp://ftp.gamers.org...net/duke3d/mac/
Seems the second one has some maps, but I think they're all on the DukeWorld archive already.

ftp://ftp.atari.com/...DemoU12.sea.hqx was the one I was looking for :blink: :D Thank you! :D

edit:
Just compiled revision 6129 & it recognizes the MacUser demo ;) Thanks for adding support for it :blink:

This post has been edited by eisnerguy1: 24 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options