Duke4.net Forums: EP2 bug reports - Duke4.net Forums

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EP2 bug reports  "A thread for bugs"

Hey I have found 2 new bugs concerning John ...

1_ When you're playing as John in a level where there's supposed to be a sprite of the OC you're playing as, he'll be replaced by Zaxtor's sprite instead : Attached Image: duke0001.png

2_ It appears that if you're using alternate shells with his Shotgun then you will be able to fire that type of shell infinitely ! I was in the Shoping Center (backed up from Ep1) and I had maximal normal ammo when I started using the explosive ammo you find in the level, I've been able to use them and still have 10 of those till the end.

Also reminding that John's slot 8 rocket launcher can be picked up but not the ammo for it.

User is offline   ozelot47 

Hello together,

I want to report a bug when you are playing as James.

Play as James the EDF Mission "Underground Fortress" and after you finish the second level you have access to all characters include John, Cultist,... and in the world map you can choose Missions from Episode 1 to 5. I have not tested, if this happens with other characters and if this should be important, I play on Expert Skill.

Attached Image: duke0021.png

Edit : I can choose all Missions with John
Attached Image: duke0022.png

This post has been edited by ozelot47: 08 November 2016 - 12:18 PM

Hey there !

I got two little new things to report :

1_ I don't know how it occurs but it recently did : I was playing as Merlijn in DisBase and I went for the secret exit and when I took it it happened to take me to the Multiplayer DM version of Providence ! I reloaded my save and took it again and it took me to DoomDisco like normal. I don't know if it occurs specifically with Merlijn but it sure is a very rare thing to happen.
I suppose it's a glitch related to the coded level succession the game uses (not based on the original D3D architecture).

2_ I don't remember if it has already been reported but the Supply Drop on the Tower Of Life level is broken in the patch. Without the patch I remember that the drop would happen in front of the statue outside on the second floor but if the patch is applied it will not occur any where and the icon will remain in "selected" position in the command center.

BTW is it normal that there is a sword to be found in Millhaven ? Attached Image: duke0000.png
Has it been added in Ep2 or was it here right from the start ? or is it a bug ?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm not sure when it was added but it's definitely there now. The older maps are by no means off limits, and get modified whenever new features are added, or if we feel an area can be made to look better or have better flow.

Have you used the, uh, combat shovel in Millhaven yet?

View PostMicky C, on 21 November 2016 - 02:21 AM, said:

I'm not sure when it was added but it's definitely there now. The older maps are by no means off limits, and get modified whenever new features are added, or if we feel an area can be made to look better or have better flow.

Have you used the, uh, combat shovel in Millhaven yet?

I see O_o

Of course I did, I was a bit disappointed by the fact it just makes the map easier by allowing a choice of 3 doors out of 4 but I must temper my feeling because I hardly see what else you guys could have done, besides I'm constantly using it now ^^
Gave it to Rusty, James and Highwire.

• Honored Donor

I think that's a pretty good reward. I mean you need to know you can dig there in the first place let alone have the shovel and have it equipped at the time.

I've managed to dig up an old, old version of the TC, this might have even been been a beta of Episode 1, and the comparisons are amazing. A good example of beta is not better!

Disbase has had many, many touch-ups.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Abyss has also had an insane amount of touchups, albeit relatively subtle ones that smooth off landscape.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

• Honored Donor

And just to embarrass James, a bonus round!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Yeah I recently re-watched Zaxtor's walkthrough of Ep1 and DisBase was really the level that startled me in terms of changes, I knew it was less detailed but my memory didn't remember it was lacking THIS much O_O

I suspect that the amount of modification for Ep2 levels will not be as shocking as it was for Ep1's first 3 levels (DisBase especially) ^^

BTW what's with the ground in the Abyss level ?
On the comparative shot of Ep2 version the ground looks weird and it doesn't show up like that in-game O_o
Is it something with the Mapster rendering ?

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 21 November 2016 - 05:08 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

it's a different texture.

• Honored Donor

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 21 November 2016 - 05:05 AM, said:

I suspect that the amount of modification for Ep2 levels will not be as shocking as it was for Ep1's first 3 levels (DisBase especially) ^^

From memory a large chunk of the team had already essentially left the community by the time Episode 1 was released, so James would have just wanted to get something out the door. This wasn't the case with Episode 2. Disbase will had pretty good atmosphere and gameplay in its initial state, but damn was it uggglllyyyy in hindsight. No offense James Posted Image

Well maybe ugly isn't the right word. Definitely empty and basic for sure.

But yeah the great thing about an Episodic release is being able to go back and patch up earlier work that doesn't done at the time for whatever reason. Now we just need to not George Lucas it...

This post has been edited by Micky C: 21 November 2016 - 01:36 PM

View PostMicky C, on 21 November 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

But yeah the great thing about an Episodic release is being able to go back and patch up earlier work that doesn't done at the time for whatever reason. Now we just need to not George Lucas it...

You're already had bits of George Lucas with City Under Siege and it's "spectacular" scripted events ^_-

But it ain't a problem, I prefer seeing you guys CODE the game instead of COD it ^^
(pun be bad I know :mellow:)

Hello,

I have found a light bug when you play Mikko in the Train Station/TV Station map of the Asia Mons Colony Episode. If you reload the shutgun you can "overload" it and if the reserve ammo is zero, you can not use the weapon until you find shells for it.

Here is a screenshot what I mean
Attached Image: duke0023.png

View Postozelot47, on 05 December 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

Hello,

I have found a light bug when you play Mikko in the Train Station/TV Station map of the Asia Mons Colony Episode. If you reload the shutgun you can "overload" it and if the reserve ammo is zero, you can not use the weapon until you find shells for it.

Here is a screenshot what I mean
Attachment duke0023.png

How did you do that ?
Finished James' level with the Striker loaded with 12 shells ?

BTW you'll have noticed that you lose all your upgrades for the concerned OCs during these levels >_>

I tested it again and you are right. If I finish the map where you play as James with less than 12 shells, this bug does not appear. Was this known before?
Yes, I can confirm this that you lose all upgrades but in my case I have to buy the upgrades again after this episode. But i have enough credits :lol:

User is offline   XThX2 

I guess everyone knows by now that if you save the game right before the ending of a mission, and keep loading it over and over it'll keep adding credits over and over. Most obvious in EDF missions that have multiple levels (like The Lost Highway).

Also, a fix to the bug that causes you to have your loadout reset in the said levels, is that very thing. Just save before the level changes (you should know when, hopefully) and keep loading it until the next time you exit the weapons aren't reset. Usually works the 3rd time.

Hey there !

I didn't know drones were made out of organic matter :lol: : Attached Image: duke0010.pngAttached Image: duke0011.png

I don't know if it's a known Duke's engine bug but as you can see these drones spawn blood if shot close to a wall, but it has to be very very close to it otherwise it won't.

User is offline   Jolteon 

Just decided start playing AMC again after so long, and right off the bat I spotted something weird in the beginning of MegaBase. (Don't think it was already reported, correct me if I'm wrong) This piece of debris looks like it's too deep into the ground! It just looks weird!

Attached Image: duke0054.png Attached Image: duke0055.png

User is offline   Zaxtor 

little offtopic but
Jolteon where that cool lizman comes from in your avatar.
Kinda look like a lizman / liztroop hybrid

User is offline   Jolteon 

View PostZaxtor, on 23 April 2017 - 08:36 PM, said:

little offtopic but
Jolteon where that cool lizman comes from in your avatar.
Kinda look like a lizman / liztroop hybrid

It's the Beta version of the Lizard Trooper, who was used as the Firefly in Duke Nukem World Tour. PikaCommando made the animation. :blink:

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Looks cool tho.

Hello !

Been a while but I have stumbled across a disturbing glitch for those who play as Merlijn ...

You know normally when you use the dagger, golden or not, you can throw it and the game will automatically keep one for melee use. HOWEVER the game told me politely to "Go see elsewhere" as we say over here.

Attached Image: duke0000.png

As you can see at some point I have been able to throw my last dagger while in theory I shouldn't have and therefore even though the character draws a dagger I can't do anything with it T_T
As you can see I was playing the "Final Confrontation" episode and was at the 5th level. I suppose this is related. As in when playing a series of maps the "safety" that prevents you from throwing your last dagger supposedly gets broken I suppose ...

Also I should add that the episode I was playing wasn't the first one, I launched a game with Merlijn and played Red + Da?karin + 8 individual maps prior to launching Final Confrontation and regularly switching between the regular and golden daggers.

Hello again !

Been a while again ^^ I have found a new batch of oddities, I will go from the BIGGEST to the smallest (literally) ... And I've prepared some special screens to keep my post ASAP (As Short As Possible).

1_ AK-103 gets bigger on the very last frame of reloading (right after inserting new mag) : Attached Image: Ak glitch.png

2_ A few mistakes in City Under Siege + Oilrig + Lilith's diary in Providence : Attached Image: City Siege mstk.png Attached Image: Oilrig mstk.png Attached Image: Providence Diary mstk.png

3_ When you blow a cultist up, it will play some SMG firing sound no matter what kinda cultist it was (even Cyber Cultists).

4_ Also when you kill a cultist normally but keep attacking his death animation will keep resetting. Works with rapid SMGs and knife alike. Can be witnessed in Rodrigo's playthrough of Loke's map on the castle.

5_ When you pick up Highwire's Grenade Launcher (slot 8) it reads you get 6 ammo for it while in reality you get 5.

6?_ I don't know if it's voluntary or not but red cultists seem to be immune to fire. I tested only with Zaxtor's firestorm and they are never set ablaze, they hardly get any burning damage. Is it normal or a bug ?

Hello !

I have found a new oddity about James : When using either the Enforcer gun, either normal or red, James' right hand has some pitch black parts >> Attached Image: duke0000.png

I believe these are remnants of either James' old hand model or the model used for other OC's hands ...

Hello !

Severe glitch with Mikko's MDF Plasma Gun when it overheats in "special blue" areas >> Attached Image: duke0000.png
Also when under the platform on Oil Rig with the waves to avoid when the gun overheats it goes way down, you barely see it at the bottom of your screen ...

Like he says himself : "Any idea what's going on ?"

User is offline   Jblade 

I've fixed most of these now, thanks for pointing them out :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Jblade: 20 October 2017 - 01:44 AM

Hey hey !

Starting the new year with something to report about the Loadout Editor ^^

It's about those blank screens when you try to go back from Micky's page to Mikko's, I've given it some testing and here's some sort of exploit glitch for those who want to use the auxiliary OCs more easily :
Press "Move Left" from Micky's page in order to start cycling through the blank screens, there are 5 of those. #1 is linked to Jane Ashford, #2 is linked to Marteen Von Oostrum, #3 is linked to John Mason, #4 is linked to the Cultist, #5 is linked to ... Nobody .... I suppose this is the slot reserved for Snowfall's character.

Now here are the conditions in which the assignment of equipment appears to work >> 1_ Weapon section works fine, Melee section works fine, Equipment section seems to work (only tested with armor), Alt Ammo section does NOT work, Artifact section is unknown (untested).
2_ You can only be able to use the stuff you assigned by loading usermaps from the EDF Missions (from the "Dukeusermp" folder).
3_ You won't be able to use the stuff on DHFC, WCtime, UBoat, The Base and X-69.
4_ Any usermap from the classic collection backed up from the old Episode 1 release of AMC will NOT let you use the stuff.
5_ I don't know what happens with any maps from the outside but I suppose it's the same.
Note that in ALL cases, none of the things you assigned will shop up on the character selection screen.

I wonder why it works only on maps from the EDF Missions ... my personal explanation would be that it is a glitch related to the fact you are not expected to assign stuff to auxiliary characters. And the fact it works only with EDF Mission maps would be because the game considers that you are coming from the bases in which you already have your stuff even though you used the menu.

Maybe James can provide us with a better and code-based explanation ?

Replaying the EDF missions to get everybody their special weapons from the in-base salesman, I noticed a minor issue in Mikko's room: if you scroll through the security cameras and try to go through all of them, you end up getting to the phone screen with Mikko facing at an awkward angle towards the far wall, but you can't select either of the options to call someone, or even exit the screen. Like I said, it's minor, and easy to avoid (just don't try to cycle through all the cameras in the building) or overcome (just reload a save from before you started browsing the cameras), but I figured I'd mention it here, if nobody's run into it before now.

User is offline   Jblade 

Thanks for letting me know, I'll take a look!

dragon: I've sorted that issue out, thanks for taking an in depth look for me.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 18 February 2018 - 10:07 AM

User is offline   XThX2 

Hello, after a while of not playing this I decided to give it another go from scratch. I found a nasty bug.

I aborted a mission then from that point onwards anytime I wanted to use my PDA I simply couldn't. The indicator to use it would show, and no matter how many times I pressed the PDA key it wouldn't come up. The indicator oddly disappears. No amount of killing myself, reloading my saves or restarting Eduke32 helped. Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this?

User is offline   Jblade 

Just type 'map amcb' into the console to go straight back to the base map; your progress in the campaign will be saved once you beat the level you're on regardless.

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options