Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   quakis 

I'm gonna be the negative nancy here but feel it needs to be mentioned - I think the weapon is taking up too much screen space, which reduces available field of view for players and a reason alone to avoid using it over other weapons; the scope is probably its biggest culprit and stands out with its density compared to other parts of the weapon. As a personal rule concerning weapon graphics; no bigger than a 1/4 of screen space.

User is offline   Gambini 

Thanks for the feedback, im not nancy BTW. The size is yet to be defined, but it will be on the lines of that because i like beefy weapons to stand out.

What about this: the weapon looks a bit different too:

Posted Image

User is offline   quakis 

Definitely a better size and loving the recent touch ups.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostGambini, on 09 April 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

View PostGambini, on 09 April 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

Thanks for the feedback, im not nancy BTW. The size is yet to be defined, but it will be on the lines of that because i like beefy weapons to stand out.What about this: the weapon looks a bit different too:Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Gambini 

Good catch on the first one, specially because most of the inspired part is not visible. The second one is only simlar.

User is offline   Sanek 

Good news: I find the man who will do the CON work for my project. If you follow my mapping history, you probably already figured out who this man is. :blink:

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostSanek, on 11 April 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

Good news: I find the man who will do the CON work for my project. If you follow my mapping history, you probably already figured out who this man is. :blink:

Eddy

User is offline   Mark 

If things go according to plan I will be releasing my WGR2 adventure map/demo this weekend.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0024.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0027.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark.: 12 April 2017 - 04:39 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostMark., on 12 April 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

If things go according to plan I will be releasing my WGR2 adventure map/demo this weekend.

Looks great, Mark!

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks.

I see a plenty of custom/downloaded models, but even some textures should be HD or the visual effect will be estranging. The atmosphere is very reminiscent of Arx Fatalis.

It's not run only on Polymer right?

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 13 April 2017 - 05:22 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Everything I make is designed for Polymer. I'll see if its still playable in some other mode and let you know. The map is dark in places and uses some TROR. So even if its playable there may be glitches.

User is offline   Mark 

Fantinaikos: It is playable in Polymost but shade levels are off, many dark areas and textures, plus many of the 2d sprites and textures look crappy.

But it may not matter. The first map tester gave it 2 thumbs down for gameplay. Too much exploring and couldn't find quest items. I'll have another person test it. If they find it bad I'll have to scrap the whole thing for now. I thought about converting it from adventure to shooter but low framerate kills that idea.

Maps structure and navigation are at your discretion, but if the shooting part and the item quest/adventure sections coexist you can solve the problem with a radar, which would thus a dual purpose. Unless your specific gameplay concept for this add-on is the free exploration without any indication outside the ambience or hints during the dialogues.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 13 April 2017 - 12:25 PM

User is offline   Mark 

It is based on free exploration. Basically you are roaming around town finding things for villagers ( quests ) while also making your way to the end of the map to meet back up with the wizard who accidently zapped you to this village. Its more of a demo to show what you can do with the WGR2 mod besides just making a shooter map. Not a full scale game.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 13 April 2017 - 12:59 PM

User is offline   Jolteon 

Not the next map, but I was working on a beastiary map, possibly for a future project. I've included the regular Duke 3D enemies as well as some custom ones.

Attached Image: duke0179.png Attached Image: duke0180.png Attached Image: duke0181.png
Attached Image: duke0182.png Attached Image: duke0183.png Attached Image: duke0184.png

I've even included the unused enemies (Scorpion Tank, and Organic Turret) for I might feature them in future maps.

Attached Image: duke0185.png Attached Image: duke0186.png

It's still very WIP, for I might add scenery for the map, and There are still more enemies to add on here in the future.

User is offline   Sanek 

What I really like about Jolteon's attitude is to fill every new map with new set of monsters, which is very refreshing. Keep it up! :blink:

This post has been edited by Sanek: 15 April 2017 - 02:54 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

THE ADVENTURE BEGINS!

Posted Image

Enemies will appear later. Image that they will fill all this space and you have to jump over them. :blink:

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

So is it going to be like Mario Sunshine where you use a hose to clean the walls?

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 15 April 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

So is it going to be like Mario Sunshine where you use a hose to clean the walls?

It looks bad? I can remove this thing if it looks bad. :blink:

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Attached Image: 3.png

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostMike Norvak, on 15 April 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Wow! Great atmosphere!

User is offline   Mark 

Now that my medEVIL mod is released and I'm finished with my work in the HH remake with Teamonster I thought I would go back to yet another part time project that has been worked on here and there over the last few years. Its based on the first map of Doom2 and its for DukePlus. High res, models and Polymer of course. I posted this in the unfinished project thread a while back but I just couldn't let it go to waste. The map is mostly done and I need to do the enemy / weapon / ammo part I love so much. :blink:

This is my first and probably only moonbase type of map. I'm not a big fan of them anymore after seeing so many over the years. But I wanted to try it once. This one has parts that look like doom2, naked chicks that will be very grateful after you rescue them, a little bit of office romance in the ladies room, and a hardworking union guy in the warehouse. Whats not to love? There are some NPCs scattered around but this will be strictly a shooter map. It will use stock Dukeplus. Just add the map to the folder and play.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: dukeplus.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark.: 15 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMike Norvak, on 15 April 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Holy moly. Got a rough release date in mind?

View PostMark., on 15 April 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

Now that my medEVIL mod is released and I'm finished with my work in the HH remake with Teamonster I thought I would go back to yet another part time project that has been worked on here and there over the last few years. Its based on the first map of Doom2 and its for DukePlus. High res, models and Polymer of course. I posted this in the unfinished project thread a while back but I just couldn't let it go to waste. The map is mostly done and I need to do the enemy / weapon / ammo part I love so much. Posted Image

This is my first and probably only moonbase type of map. I'm not a big fan of them anymore after seeing so many over the years. But I wanted to try it once. This one has parts that look like doom2, naked chicks that will be very grateful after you rescue them, a little bit of office romance in the ladies room, and a hardworking union guy in the warehouse. Whats not to love? There are some NPCs scattered around but this will be strictly a shooter map. It will use stock Dukeplus. Just add the map to the folder and play.

Didn't you already release that map a while ago/

User is offline   Mark 

Yes. In my first paragraph I mentioned that I previously released this in the unfinished project thread. I hope you're reading blueprints at university more thoroughly. :blink:

This post has been edited by Mark.: 15 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

• Honored Donor

Posted Image

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSanek, on 15 April 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

It looks bad? I can remove this thing if it looks bad. :blink:

No I was completely serious. I thought you were making a mod where you clean dirt off the walls...it's really not a bad idea. However, I can see now that I misinterpreted the soil texture. It looks fine! Carry on.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostMicky C, on 15 April 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

Holy moly. Got a rough release date in mind?

Yes!

More shots...

Attached Image: 4.png

Attached Image: 7.png

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Really like the first one of those, reminds me of The Lost City from Thief, which I absolutely love.

• Honored Donor

View PostMike Norvak, on 15 April 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

Yes!

More shots...

Attachment 4.png

Attachment 7.png

Looks good. Could use some wall trimming though.

View PostDaedolon, on 16 April 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

Really like the first one of those, reminds me of The Lost City from Thief, which I absolutely love.

Coincidentally I just started playing that for the first time a few hours ago.

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options