• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Turok Forum  "New"

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostDustFalcon85, on 16 March 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

The Turok 2 is on sale for $14.99 on Steam and $9.99 on GOG.com. Which one should I get? I want to get the Steam version since Turok 1's level editor appeared on Steam first. The GOG.com gave me an additional 25% off on GOG.com because I got Turok 1 on there.

Steam gives you 50% off for having Turok 1 as well, the Steam store doesn't show this until you purchase.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I only got a 25% off coupon for having Turok 1 on Steam.

EDIT: Oh I see, it's 25% off to begin with.

EDIT 2: Oh wait wait wait shenanigans! The game is 25% off but when you apply the coupon you don't get an additional 25% off of the full price, you get 25% off of the discounted price. Lame.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 16 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Yeah, Night Dive don't seem to know how coupons work...

• The Sarien Encounter

These games should have an "N64 Mode" which slashes the framerate and lowers the rendering settings to something approximating playing on the N64 with the Expansion Pak (or maybe even without as well). Just for nostalgia. Be a good way to spot some of the differences too.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 17 March 2017 - 05:42 AM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I thought not having ragdoll would've made the weapons feel less satisfying, but the sound effects, the amount of blood squirts, and the overall feel of the weapons is great, the shotgun especially. Even more sore with the explosive rounds.

It's been a long damn time since I've properly played Seeds of Evil, but I can't stop feeling things were moved around. Like the shotgun, I always remembered the first time you see it it's flying above a bridge you have to lower to get to; while that part is still in the game, it feels like it's in a later part, and they just up and give you an extra shotgun earlier on, but this could all be my mind playing tricks on me.

• Auramancer

Some stuff was indeed moved.

• The Sarien Encounter

Why??

• Auramancer

Either because it better suited the flow of the map, or to keep from spinning the player around in circles. For example, in the marshes, they moved one of the first teleporters next to the gateway where you satchel-charge the first ammo depot. Before, the depot was a bit off the main path, so you could end up skipping it by going through the teleporter in front of you, and going through half of the level before realizing you had fucked up and missed it. Now, you have to pass where the teleporter used to be, and around a corner where the depot is, letting the player at least acknowledge it's existence before progressing to the next section. No actual change was made to the level layout itself, however.

This post has been edited by Striker: 18 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

User is offline   axl 

My god, I forgot how complex Turok 2's level design was. I'm currently in the Lair of the Blind Ones... and it's like a giant maze...

Great port though !

• The Sarien Encounter

LOVED Turok 2's really large levels! Even though I never got any further than the first level. They're like whole self-contained game episodes with all the levels joined together.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I got burned so hard on their Turok (1) demake that I'm very apprehensive about the second game, though I recall liking it at least to some extent on the N64. Maybe when it's 1.99€ on sale or something.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostDaedolon, on 21 March 2017 - 02:45 AM, said:

I got burned so hard on their Turok (1) demake that I'm very apprehensive about the second game, though I recall liking it at least to some extent on the N64. Maybe when it's 1.99€ on sale or something.

What were your issues with their Turok rerelease?

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm curious as well. I loved it!

User is offline   axl 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 March 2017 - 04:32 AM, said:

I'm curious as well. I loved it!

Indeed. I love these remakes from Night Dive Studios. They are all handled with lots of love for the original... System Shock 1 and 2, Turok, Turok 2, ... great stuff... So sad they didn't manage to acquire the rights for No One Lives Forever...

Hey guys! Darren Mitchell. The composer of the Turok N64 Games has just officially released the soundtrack to Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. Here are the links!

Bandcamp: https://darrenmitche...mp.com/releases
Amazon: https://www.amazon.c...Darren+Mitchell
iTunes: https://itunes.apple...ls=1&app=itunes

Buy it and enjoy! Posted Image

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 08 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

Great to have high fidelity versions of the N64 tracks rather than the PC renditions, but it's oddly still missing several. There's no Hub music, neither of the Cave tracks, and especially, no Water theme. What the dealio?

Edit: Just saw his post on Facebook, and it appears these are indeed 20 year old recordings, so I guess there isn't much chance of the other tracks being added. He acknowledged Turok 2 and Rage Wars, though, so I hope he has something up his sleeve for those.

This post has been edited by Marphy Black: 08 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

The coverart on those album releases are really hideous. I don't have the Turok PC re-release but does it use these tracks?

View PostLunick, on 08 April 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

I don't have the Turok PC re-release but does it use these tracks?

The Night Dive remaster uses recordings from the N64 soundtrack. The renditions in this new digital release are based on the original N64 versions, a contrast to the original PC's CD soundtrack which used slightly remixed tracks (and also lacked the Water theme).

• The Sarien Encounter

Oh right! The water theme. That was the best track in the game.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Thought I would share this here. If you have discord feel free to join in Turok discord.

https://discord.gg/hAh6rCp

Also, Darren Mitchell's composer album is actually the uncompressed original recordings before they were made game ready for the N64 cart.

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 12 January 2018 - 08:59 AM

• Turok Nukem

Little mod I made for Turok 2

Nice!

• Turok Nukem

I had a little back and forth interview with Darren Mitchell (composer for Acclaim Iguana) mostly talking about Turok specifics. Its featured on my other Turok site known as Turok Sanctum, which is a place for maps, mods, news, and reviews etc for Turok. So be sure to check more on this site. Or you can see it on the forum with the bottom link. Blah blah.

https://turoksanctum...nterview-turok/

http://www.turokforu...arren-mitchell/

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 05 February 2018 - 12:40 PM

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil are both coming to Xbox One on March 2. The Turok product pages have recently gone live on Microsoft's page. Can't wait to play them and (maybe) stream them on Twitch!

https://www.microsof...er/C3FDP0NTC0JM

https://www.microsof...il/BQ6ZXPCGHGC0

EDIT: Aww. I can't pre-order yet!

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 22 February 2018 - 03:07 PM

I want to order it right now

Seems now I can now preorder it

I just started playing Turok 2 seeds of evil for xbox one got into a mp game had no problems, also are enemies to suppose to hang on walls when they die?

User is offline   Lunick 

The games didn't release in Australia on Xbox One :)

I hope it releases soon in Australia I got a friend there that wants to play it.

• The Sarien Encounter

Turok 1 and 2 are getting physical releases from Limited Run Games. Comes out Aug 16th. The special packages for both come with a metal N64 cart, a poster, the official CD soundtrack, and the games obviously. And they both come in a N64-style box. You can also get each game with just the N64 style box, or just the regular Switch case. Or a box with both games in their Switch cases.

https://www.limitedr...inosaur-is-safe

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 August 2019 - 05:44 PM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options