• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

lameduke!  "water mirror?"

User is offline   darkcaleb 

I don't know if this has been posted before but still check it out :o
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IikaFpKYfOg

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I remember Ken Silverman or someone saying that floor mirrors were an ugly hack put in by Todd and that's why they were removed. Unfortunately, I cannot find the exact quote.

I don't remember anybody posting it on here before, but i had a pic in a topic back on 3D Realms, where I went on about the Duke 3D box having no screen shots that were actually from that version of the game, or mine doesn't anyway. And the French text spoke of dynamic reflections.

If you were to try a particular version of Build from Ken Silverman's site, it would have a map that had the same mirror, so I figure build supported it by default (possibly). Makes you wonder why they pulled it out. Betas of things interest me a lot, and I can't help but type randomly like this in a thread that speaks of one :-)

That level is actually "WAR2.MAP" and not the level you play when running the game (p1.map I think it was, or something like that).

Edit: Attached is a shot from that version of build I was on about. Dunno what version, but the map is nsoal.map

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: CAPT0002.png

This post has been edited by High Treason: 26 September 2009 - 06:36 PM

User is offline   Mateos 

When you enter in the Santa's house in NW, there is sm like that no?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Haha, that's cool. I suppose they probably got trouble with it since it's display some kind of room over room, which I hardly believe would work good early.

User is offline   lycanox 

I think floor mirroring will be possible with the new polymer renderer as well.

Anyway, why is there a worms figure in that screen shot?

User is offline   Fox 

For what I know it is already possible with polymer.

User is offline   XThX2 

It is with mapster32 only :o

View PostHigh Treason, on Sep 26 2009, 09:41 PM, said:

If you were to try a particular version of Build from Ken Silverman's site, it would have a map that had the same mirror, so I figure build supported it by default (possibly). Makes you wonder why they pulled it out.

That wasn't part of KenBUILD until after Duke3D. The version in lameduke is as Hendricks said:

View PostHendricks266, on Sep 26 2009, 09:38 PM, said:

I remember Ken Silverman or someone saying that floor mirrors were an ugly hack put in by Todd and that's why they were removed. Unfortunately, I cannot find the exact quote.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMateos, on Sep 27 2009, 04:22 AM, said:

No, that room was made out of sprites.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMateos, on Sep 27 2009, 03:22 AM, said:

Hell no. That's some stupid ass sprite trick.

User is offline   Fox 

You can see that in Shadow Warrior and a Roch map too. It doesn't look really good as there is no interactive object being reflected.

• Weaponized Autism

Isn't the Shadow Warrior one actually a true floor mirror?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Kind of, it works kind of like wall mirrors.

In SW? Nah, it's ROR with a Floor Texture Override on it. Try placing an actor in there and watch it fall through the floor, it works the same way that mesh floor does in the final level of SW.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options