• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour  "Randy hinted at something for December 1st"

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I looked it up and I found the definition to mean hyped or excited.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

hismasterplan, on 23 March 2017 - 05:51 AM, said:

Same here. For those of us who haven't played Bulletstorm, it might as well be a new Duke game. I'm not sure if I'll play the original campaign without Duke. I'm afraid it will hurt the Duke-add in experience for me.

You're better off playing the campaign as originally intended. I was a big fan of the original game and the whole Duke aspect seems to be lazily thrown in but to each his own.

In other news Denuvo confirmed. I had hoped to purchase it on GoG or for there to be a DRM free option even though that was unlikely to begin with...wishful thinking...I'll wait for it to go on sale cheap on Steam..

Posted Image

Gearbox seems to really be going about this in an interesting way...re-release a game that was a commercial failure at full price laden with DRM with the main marketing point being pre-order DLC that seems to have been thrown together with no effort or passion from anyone involved. Let's see if it pays off!

I hope it does...I loved Bulletstorm and want Bulletstorm 2...it'd be a bonus if they dropped Gearbox for the sequel..

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 23 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

Absolutely terrible launch trailer that completely fails to show off the biggest draws of the game those being the skillshot system and the far out space pirate pulpy sci-fi story. Every trailer they've done for this has been horrible. The trailers all look like a random who knows nothing about the game has just had a copy thrown at him that struck in the back of his head disorientating him before recording random snippets of gameplay footage apparently unaware of all the main mechanics of the game. On top of all that the graphics seem to be totally untouched. So much for a remaster...again being a fan of Bulletstorm and my hoping for a sequel since the original release in 2011 this is a pretty lazy looking re-release that wasn't thought out at all. Who charges close to full price for something like this? It should be like $20 and it'd sell like hotcakes. Gearbox will never learn.

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 24 March 2017 - 05:31 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

HiPolyBash, on 23 March 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

In other news Denuvo confirmed.

It keeps getting better and better.

HiPolyBash, on 24 March 2017 - 05:28 AM, said:

Posted Image

HiPolyBash, on 24 March 2017 - 05:28 AM, said:

Absolutely terrible launch trailer that completely fails to show off the biggest draws of the game those being the skillshot system

This looks like it was intended as a violence-free all-ages trailer, so they couldn't actually show off people getting shot. You'll notice that the giant text blurbs are actually covering up the on-screen gore.

I think the silliest part of this trailer is that they explicitly advertise "New Turbo Framerates" but rendered the video in 30 FPS.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

"Put Duke Nukem somewhere else he doesn't belong..."

It seems to me that they're just putting down their own IP in these ads, implying that Duke is a 90's character that can never work today.

• The Sarien Encounter

Ok, I liked the Duke commercials, but that launch trailer was awful. Dubstep? I've got nothing against dubstep, but that's an incredibly poor choice for this game.

Marphy Black, on 24 March 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

This looks like it was intended as a violence-free all-ages trailer, so they couldn't actually show off people getting shot. You'll notice that the giant text blurbs are actually covering up the on-screen gore.

Which is hilarious considering the original trailers showed just how violent and immature Bulletstorm is.

I'm amazed how little care they're putting in this 40$ re-release. It's like they want to ruin both Duke Nukem and Bulletstorm to show some suits that yes, people really just want more Borderlands.

And yes, it really looks like the visuals are untouched, BS is quite a pretty game actually, but somehow I think they just hacked in setting presets for 4k resolutions and called it a day.

This post has been edited by CryptKiller: 24 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

MusicallyInspired, on 24 March 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

Ok, I liked the Duke commercials, but that launch trailer was awful. Dubstep? I've got nothing against dubstep, but that's an incredibly poor choice for this game.

We seem to be sharing the same views. That trailer music was terrible.

They really should have tried to show some actual gameplay in the trailer since that's Bulletstorm's main strength.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

People Can Cry
Dubstep would actually hilariously fit in with a Bulletstorm trailer, however not this specific song

I'm upset Duty Calls didn't get a remaster during this Ad Campaign. They could've made the blood on the screen a different color, made some (fake) HUD glitches like looking like its stretched too far, haphazardly dubbed in new parts into old lines (like change the main villain's line of "And I wear a nice suit" to "And I wear a nice MILITARY GARMENT" with an obviously different voice actor dubbing in)

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 24 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

Is the (toy) gun that Duke's holding a specially-made prop or store-bought?

Careful examination indicates that he's holding a DartZone Covert Ops Scorpion Gatling Dart Blaster, available now at your local Walmart for $19.97, painted black and with the top handle substituted by a tiny skull.

User is offline   spessu_sb 

I'm kinda speachless. Its the same kinda un-fitting style of marketing that they did for launch of Duke Nukem Forever with that pop style music.

Here is original trailer, back when the game was published by EA:

User is online   Lunick 

lol, the original trailer has a 60fps video and the new one doesn't.

That's actually pretty hilarious

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 25 March 2017 - 03:23 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Sledgehammer, on 25 March 2017 - 02:21 AM, said:

Here is original trailer, back when the game was published by EA:
https://www.youtube....h?v=CAzdMjP39eg

One of those absolutely BADASS trailers, too. It's short. It's sweet. It kicks ass.

It tells you the exact attitude of the game, too. It's violent, it's full of infantile and silly one liners, and the game is all centered around the skill shots. That is perfect advertisement for the product. And their use of Fitler's nice shot was brilliant. It's not just a great piece of music with the right attitude, it lyrically fits the intentions. "Have fun!" "Nice Shot!"

This shit, by comparison, is very much like the whole package... Thrown together. Well, okay, I guess the trailers and ads fit the intentions still. *Insert dollar signs here*

But wait, there is more!

This one reminds me how shitty were Battleborn figures.

Or better:

And this is EA marketing, the marketing of the same company which loved to put orchestral cinematic soundtracks into everything (I still regret that they decided to ruin TW/KW and RA3 soundtracks).

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 25 March 2017 - 04:35 AM

That trailer #2 is one of the best I've seen and iirc it actually convinced me to preorder Bulletstorm. Too bad the PC version ran like utter dog on my machine.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

User is online   Lunick 

Posted Image

Isn't Duke just being an asshole here?

• The Sarien Encounter

Not as good as the other two.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Whatever, I just don't care their ADs now. :blink:

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I really really want Gearbox to start a hashtag asking fans to "Put Duke somewhere else he doesn't belong", only so I can see them get flooded with pictures of Duke standing in Gearbox HQ.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

xMobilemux, on 26 March 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

I really really want Gearbox to start a hashtag asking fans to "Put Duke somewhere else he doesn't belong", only so I can see them get flooded with pictures of Duke standing in Gearbox HQ.

I regret that I have but one upvote to give for this post.

User is offline   axl 

xMobilemux, on 26 March 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

Haha, good one !

Fucking savage

• The Sarien Encounter

Lol that made me laugh.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options