Duke4.net Forums: Interceptor Dead? - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interceptor Dead?

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Under Gearbox Software Duke should be dead instead of sold as pre-order DLC. They could have made a cross-over expansion though Gearbox would never make the effort so we get this lazy cash in marketing tool with Jon sounding nothing like Duke, recycling the DNF Duke model, and a bleak looking future.

Unless something drastic like Pitchford actually making a real effort or allowing a third party such as Voidpoint or Interceptor - if not bankrupt - to work on a Duke game the franchise is dead. Best we can hope for is ports of the console titles or maybe a proper remake of Duke 3D..but again that'd be too much effort..

I'm hoping Interceptor isn't entirely dead. The rumors about SiN were intriguing and Rad Rodgers was actually a really well done little game not to mention the Bombshell FPS which looked to be coming together well.

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 19 February 2017 - 09:39 PM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostHiPolyBash, on 19 February 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

Interceptor - if not bankrupt - to work on a Duke game the franchise is dead.

Thanks, but no.

Not specifically them, just a third party developer with a legitimate passion and knowledge of the franchise. The only thing I'd really entrust to Interceptor unless they prove themselves in the future - if they have one - is a side scroller like Manhattan Project as Rad Rodgers was quite good and they clearly have an interest in Duke.

Point being right now Gearbox isn't to be trusted with the franchise. They've ruined everything they've touched so far.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postoasiz, on 19 February 2017 - 08:23 AM, said:

Only thing that is dead is Duke !

I think we can agree that EDuke32 has a bit of life left regardless Posted Image

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Duke Nukem is not dead, he just took several month of RNR !

He went to Far East for some much needed meditating and soul-searching. And by this I mean getting smashed on sake with Lo Wang.

This post has been edited by CryptKiller: 21 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Even if Interceptor was actually dead, it wouldn't affect the Bombshell prequel.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 21 February 2017 - 01:44 PM

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostHulkNukem, on 21 February 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

Even if Interceptor was actually dead, it wouldn't affect the Bombshell prequel.

But doesn't Interceptor/3D Realms own the license/ip/whatever? So wouldn't there atleast come some complications then?

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Well, I was thinking about the Duke Nukem movie, that would be a cross-over with Duke Nukem, Lo Wang and Bombshell who comes to unite to fight a common ennemy or their respective nemesis one by one...

Posted Image

• Honored Donor

Voidpoint ought to get the prequel out the door before they release the console ports, so that there's something good associated with the franchise.

Doesn't Bombshell belong to 3DRealms

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostMicky C, on 25 February 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

Voidpoint ought to get the prequel out the door before they release the console ports, so that there's something good associated with the franchise.

I'd change the name and main hero in the upcoming Build game.

• Honored Donor

View Postbrullov, on 26 February 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

I'd change the name and main hero in the upcoming Build game.

TX has already said that they're not going to have Bombshell in the game's name.

Hopefully that will allow initial attention and interest for gamers to see it as a good game that happens to star Bombshell rather than a Bombshell game.

So restructuring, or dead? That Steam post sounds more like "dead" to me.

This post has been edited by cosmonautcowboy: 02 March 2017 - 03:06 AM

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Very opposite of dead :P

Slipgate studios is the new name :blink:

You sure about it?

Slipgate Studios is a company founded in Las Vegas, NV in early 2016. They focus on developing software content for all Virtual Reality platforms, such as: HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Samsung GearVR, PlayStation VR, and mobile phones.

Doesn't seem so...

https://m.facebook.com/slipgatestudio/

Yes 100%.
This is ''Interceptor''. :blink:

This post has been edited by DukeNukem64: 22 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Looks like http://www.slipgate-studios.com/ didn't realize http://www.slipgate.com/ existed.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

You'd think the trademark registration wouldn't have gone through.

User is online   Player Lin 

It already confused me when I try to google but found the VR one...

This is not good I guess... :blink:

• Slipgate Studios

The "other" Slipgate makes VR software. We were fully aware of their existence. We're a game development studio. The name is coined by John Romero, and we received his blessings to revive the Slipgate name after having used it himself for Slipgate Ironworks.

• The Sarien Encounter

So it's not a registered trademark/business name?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 March 2017 - 05:34 AM

• Slipgate Studios

The "other" Slipgate makes VR software. We were fully aware of their existence. We're a game development studio. The name is coined by John Romero, and we received his blessings to revive the Slipgate name after having used it himself for Slipgate Ironworks.

• The Sarien Encounter

Thank you for the snooty non-answer.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 March 2017 - 07:48 AM

Romero used that name 7 years before this VR Slipgate company, so arguably this is an answer because it implies the use of the name pre-dates the VR company and therefore it is also arguable that the Interceptor Slipgate has more right to the use of the name - and it definitely would if the trademark was transferred from Romero.

It's going to be like how there's two Avalanche game developers
Avalanche Studios (Just Cause games)
Avalanche Software (Mostly developed Disney Infinity)

• The Sarien Encounter

That would be different if there was say a Slipgate Interactive and a Slipgate Studios. But they're both Slipgate Studios. Does the former Slipgate Studios own the trademark or what? Having a blessing from someone who coined the name doesn't mean it's a registered trademark that belongs to Romero, does it? I don't know the history or the specifics here. That's why I asked.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options