Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC general - Duke4.net Forums

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC general

User is offline   xenoxols 

Just a sort of suggestion, Rusty should be able to fan his revolver. He is a western character after all.

User is offline   Jblade 

View Postxenoxols, on 13 June 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

Just a sort of suggestion, Rusty should be able to fan his revolver. He is a western character after all.

I've been playing a bunch of Overwatch and agree a fan would be pretty dope, I'll see what I can do :)

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 11 June 2016 - 03:32 AM, said:

Hi all !

I'd like to ask one last question before a long time ^^

I've noticed that auto-SGs, such as James' Jackhammer or Mikko's Assault SG, when you hold fire the weapon tends to have different ROFs, sometimes they fire slightly more quickly than usual sometimes I can shoot 3 times in a second and some other times 4 ...
Is it a bug ? Or is it normal ? (as in randomizing ROF or certain varying factors)

Thanks in advance for the answer ^^

This is a bug relating to the ammo system - when you have 0 shells but ammo in the magazine, firing the weapon has to be forced so it detects if the players is pressing fire and then adds 1 shotgun shell to the ammo pool, allowing the gun to meet the game's requirements to fire. This skips a fraction of a second or so, which with a fast weapon is noticable. This isn't really fixable, in hindsight there were better ways for me to implement magazines but it's too late in the game to overhaul them (it's probably something I'll do way down the line)

This post has been edited by Jblade: 16 June 2016 - 10:34 PM

View PostJblade, on 16 June 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

This is a bug relating to the ammo system - when you have 0 shells but ammo in the magazine, firing the weapon has to be forced so it detects if the players is pressing fire and then adds 1 shotgun shell to the ammo pool, allowing the gun to meet the game's requirements to fire. This skips a fraction of a second or so, which with a fast weapon is noticable. This isn't really fixable, in hindsight there were better ways for me to implement magazines but it's too late in the game to overhaul them (it's probably something I'll do way down the line)

I see, at least now I understand why, when I had my corrupted cfg problem, I could no longer keep an SG with 0 shells but ammo in it, and it might also be why when we select alt shells but doesn't do we get infinite normal shots because it generated shells as we fired...

Hi there !

I got a question, I don't know if you guys will be able to answer it but still ...

What is a Wryxhokedon ? Attached Image: duke0000.png
Is it an original creation of Zaxtor's or is it something else ?
I can't find anything about it on the internet ...

Oh and by the way where is the secret in Mikko's level of Arsia Mons ?

Thank you in advance for answering ^^

BTW a small typo in Jungle Base >> Attached Image: duke0001.png

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 27 August 2016 - 11:25 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Did you get inside the prison cell in the tv station?

The sky issue in the Wharf has now been fixed. It would have taken an insane amount of time to do, if not be outright impossible, without the help of mapster scripting. With some basic scripting knowledge, it only took a minute total.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 27 August 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostMicky C, on 27 August 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

Did you get inside the prison cell in the tv station?

The sky issue in the Wharf has now been fixed. It would have taken an insane amount of time to do, if not be outright impossible, without the help of mapster scripting. With some basic scripting knowledge, it only took a minute total.

I see ... but how do you get inside ? I never managed to unlock the door :/
BTW thanks to you I managed to find a secret area on the roof of the starting area ^^

One last thing, still about the TV Station, there are two screens on the scene with the paradigm screen and one of them shows James and text and the other one "Camera Feed" can be interacted and makes a switch's noise, is it relevant to the prison cell or does it do nothing ?
(at least it'd stop the broadcasting of Paradigm propaganda that's a thing ...)

Nice ! For a minute I thought you would have had to rework the graphics of the skybox in question or change its size. I remember the sky texture in your Ghost Ship level in Hell version tends to have a similar issue but it doesn't happen as often as the Wharf (I actually didn't witness it for quite a while).

• Honored Donor

You're not supposed to unlock the door, you're supposed to disable the forcefield. I'm sure you can figure out how to do that :P

One of the more logical secrets in the game.

View PostMicky C, on 28 August 2016 - 03:57 AM, said:

You're not supposed to unlock the door, you're supposed to disable the forcefield. I'm sure you can figure out how to do that B)

One of the more logical secrets in the game.

Ah yes ... now you're talking I think I know how now thanks :P

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 27 August 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

Hi there !

I got a question, I don't know if you guys will be able to answer it but still ...

What is a Wryxhokedon ? Attachment duke0000.png
Is it an original creation of Zaxtor's or is it something else ?
I can't find anything about it on the internet ...

Oh and by the way where is the secret in Mikko's level of Arsia Mons ?

Thank you in advance for answering ^^

BTW a small typo in Jungle Base >> Attachment duke0001.png

Customized species i've made

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 05 September 2016 - 09:59 PM

Hey there !

Been a while and I got a question concerning the Shadow Realm level ... When you're on the first rope bridge leading to the big temple where there's a statue to destroy you can hear an explosion that is nowhere to be seen ... and oddly enough it is relatively at the same place that one of the wooden planks breaks on the way back ...

What is that explosion we hear on the way in ? Is it like a subtle clue that a plank will break ? Or was it supposed to be heard along with the plank breaking ?

Thanks in advance for the answer ^^

• Honored Donor

I'm not too sure about that. I know what a long time ago I wanted to have the cliche of wooden planks falling off the rope bridge, so I put in the explosion which is simply meant to destroy the plank. I'm not sure why there's a delay and that it breaks on the way back. Maybe James added some kind of special code thing.

User is offline   Jblade 

The wood plank is supposed to creak on your first time past it, then when you walk back it's coded to break. It was purely designed as a 'gotcha!' moment and there's no risk of actually falling through it IIRC. If Micky added an explosion than I need to take that out ;)

• Honored Donor

I'm not sure when you added that thing, but I added the explosion pretty early on. It's not visible but it's meant to make the wooden plank collapse.

Is it possible we just happened to apply our effects to the same plank by coincidence?

User is offline   Jblade 

No idea, I don't ever remember a explosion in that part of the map. I can take that out though since the code I added does it without needing an explosion.

Worship the Teddy on its throne !

Attached Image: duke0000.png

Sorry, I wanted to post something different for once ^^
It's one of those random events thou musteth immortalize !

User is offline   Jblade 

heh heh, that's pretty neat actually ;)

Hello !!

I would like to ask 2 questions if I may, it's been such a long time ^^

1_ When you have allies with you and you're using the Voice Command menu, there is a "Cease Fire/Resume Fire" option which does what it says ... What is/was the intended purpose of that ?
Because in the current state of things it seems pointless ... Or maybe it was intended for Multiplayer ?

2_ In City Under Siege, when we reach the bar with the EDF soldiers, when we get in there are lots of explosions and enemies should spawn ... However I noticed they never spawn at the same time, there are times where they spawn almost right after the explosions, there are other times where they spawn a bit later, sometimes they spawn MUCH later and there are even some rare times where they actually never spawn !

Is this normal ? as in randomizing the timing to keep some surprise for the player from play to play ? Or is it a bug ? As in a timed actor being glitchy or reinitialized ?

I thank thee in advance for thy noble answers to the wisdoms my simple person seeks :P

BYYEEEE !!

User is offline   Jblade 

1) It's used to prevent allies from starting fights since if they start fighting they won't stop until the target is dead; they might try and fight an enemy they can't reach so you can use this to force them to follow you instead.

2) Not sure, I know Micky added those spawns but I'll take a look.

I'm not noble by any stretch of the imagination :P

• Honored Donor

I added in a relatively simply time-delayed spawn with a sector-based effect so it would make it seem as though the aliens attacked and then sent down the aliens. The delay is only meant to be a few seconds and I don't know why it's so variable.

User is offline   Jblade 

https://brandonchove...-the-amc-squad/

Brandon C Hovey interviewed me for his website, there's some exclusive AMC TC screenshots there as well so check it out :P

User is offline   Loke 

Eventually all of our work co-alesced into the first release of the mod; for a while development slowed down and at one point I had even typed up a cancelation post for the mod and was about to post it when I had second thoughts. Then a new dawn hailed from Australia and gave me a kick up the arse, and development continued onwards to Episode 2’s eventual release.

Damn, I never thought it was that dire. All hail our Lord and Saviour Micky C.

User is offline   Jolteon 

I've just read through the entire interview. I thought it was really cool. This gets me pumped up for Ep 3 (Especially looking at those screenshots). Can't wait for it! Keep up the good work. :P

I discovered Snowfall’s maps for the mod on DeviantArt; he’s also now joined the TC as a character

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!

Nice ... very nice ... (get the hint ?)

It was interesting going through all those info, and a bit moving for some ... BTW sorry if it's a bit too down to earth but ... It's the second time I see screenshots using Geoffrey, have you guys planned a little something for him or is it just to give him some attention as a compensation of his absence ?

In any case those screens looked cool, and I suppose that "Life Support" thing is related to a sort of space suit ? Which Snowfall is actually always equipped with ?
Ain't going to ask anymore questions since I wouldn't want to "unveil" any surprise ^^

User is offline   Jblade 

Geoffrey's getting a map in this episode, the one set in the rainforest (rusty and Highwire are getting maps as well; only character without a map so far is Mikko and maybe he'll pull a hat trick, who knows!)

That is indeed a spacesuit - Micky and Snowfall don't need one but the other characters do, and only certain guns can be wielded with the bulky suit (Micky and Snowfall, again, can use any weapon though) Since Snowfall is a space exploration expert, his suit gets twice the amount of life support as the other characters.

• Honored Donor

View PostLoke, on 11 March 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

Damn, I never thought it was that dire. All hail our Lord and Saviour Micky C.

Mikko S isn't going to like this.

View PostJolteon, on 11 March 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

This gets me pumped up for Ep 3 (Especially looking at those screenshots).

Is that so? I thought James did a good job of hiding the good stuff Posted Image

View PostJblade, on 11 March 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

Geoffrey's getting a map in this episode, the one set in the rainforest (rusty and Highwire are getting maps as well; only character without a map so far is Mikko and maybe he'll pull a hat trick, who knows!)

Like really !? Hell freakin' yeah ! But what about the voice acting ? has he come back for that like High and Rust seem to have ? (if I'm not too curious)

View PostJblade, on 11 March 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

That is indeed a spacesuit - Micky and Snowfall don't need one but the other characters do, and only certain guns can be wielded with the bulky suit (Micky and Snowfall, again, can use any weapon though) Since Snowfall is a space exploration expert, his suit gets twice the amount of life support as the other characters.

Very nice. Will make a fine little reference to Beta Duke maybe with the space suit thing and supposedly reduced gravity mechanic. Maybe you even simulated the small boosters to help move """in mid-air""" (more like in "mid-void") that would be grand for such an engine >_>

View PostMicky C, on 11 March 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

Is that so? I thought James did a good job of hiding the good stuff Posted Image

I'm pretty sure this is only the tail of the plane, we just wait until we see the rest of the beast and I'm pretty sure the current good stuff will sound timid in comparison to the full deal ^^

User is offline   Jblade 

None of them have come back, Highwire and Rusty had some stuff already recorded for EP3 and there was also some lines they recorded for the now defunct multiplayer that could be re-purposed for SP stuff.

View PostJblade, on 12 March 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

None of them have come back, Highwire and Rusty had some stuff already recorded for EP3 and there was also some lines they recorded for the now defunct multiplayer that could be re-purposed for SP stuff.

Oh I see O_o
Sounds like I'm as much of a dreamer as ever >_>
At least with Geoffrey and Merlijn, EVERYBODY will have a map specific to them (because I suppose Merlijn will also have one (because there's a medieval track in the game's files)) and I can be nothing else than satisfied with that ^^

BTW I'm taking on this occasion to tell you that I've just found a serious semi- game-locking bug : If you press Pause while in a slow-motion moment the game will remain paused forever (you can still use the escape menu at least).

Q: What is next after The AMC Episode III?

A: Episode 4 and 5, hopefully!

:P

• Honored Donor

View PostCryptKiller, on 12 March 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

:P

Were you not aware of the 5 episode plan? 5 episodes were intended from the beginning. I'm fairly confident they'll get done; how big they'll be is the real question. I did a lot of stuff for Episode 2. I've done several levels for Episode 3 as well but my contribution for that is lower. My Episode 4-5 contribution will likely be lower still, but I'll get something done for them. Loke and Snowfall have helped extend the episode to be more comparable in size to the first two. I'd hate to think what things would be like if James didn't accidentally stumble on Snowfall's work.

Now that I think about it the TC's development is just a chain of fluke incidents:
1. TC is spawned from a casual chat between James and Highwire.
2. Episode 2 onwards almost cancelled if I didn't start making a map.
3. Loke started working on the TC after seeing a few images of my map that I happened to post in the 'what are you working on thread' (close shave!)
4. James somehow stumbles upon this guy who has randomly made a map and posted it on Deviantart of all places.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 12 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options