Duke4.net Forums: Nintendo corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nintendo corner  "All talk a/b Nintendo. Share your love and hatred a/b Nintendo."

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

It would be a crime not to do that, especially after how Nintendo fucked with it.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

And an extended cut that would be way too expensive to air:

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I bought a modded Wii U from a local guy for a decent price. Never got around to getting one as nothing looked interesting. However, I really want to play Breath of the Wild when it comes out and I just will not have the cash for a Switch. Also, I desperately need to add the Wii U Zelda games to my increasingly outdated collection (picture below). He loaded it with a few games as well including Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart, and a bunch of Virtual Console games that I didn't need because I have them already, but what the heck. It's nice to play WW and TP in HD and widescreen (without having to use the Wiimote/Nunchuk control which make my wrists tired....one of the reasons I haven't finished Skyward Sword since I bought it) and I'm really liking Hyrule Warriors. I gather its gameplay is actually based on a game series other than Zelda, but I'm really liking it so far. The only thing he didn't add that I asked for initially was Smash Bros because it was too big and I didn't have an external HDD to load with games on it. I'll just buy it, though. He also said that when Breath of the Wild comes out that he'll throw that on for free too. I mean, I'll still buy it, but rock on.

Anywho, can't wait to complete this collection.

Posted Image

Games I still need (that I care about):

• Spirit Tracks (DS)
  • Wind Waker HD (Wii U)
  • Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
  • Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
  • A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
  • Tri Force Heroes (3DS)
  • Hyrule Warriors (Wii U & 3DS)
  • and of course when it comes out, Breath of the Wild (Wii U & Switch)

Anyone have one of these they don't want anymore? /half-serious question

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 20 February 2017 - 10:36 PM

Musicallyinspired, if youre looking for games for wii u, id highly suggest bayonetta 2 and the wonderful 101. Theyre two of the best action games ever made imho

• The Sarien Encounter

I'll keep that in mind thanks.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostCaptain Kupo, on 21 February 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

Musicallyinspired, if youre looking for games for wii u, id highly suggest bayonetta 2 and the wonderful 101. Theyre two of the best action games ever made imho

I second this. Those are two of Platinum's best.

That's a lot of Zelda! Do you collect other games too?

• The Sarien Encounter

I wanted to collect the Space Quest game boxes but that's a lost cause at this point as they're quite expensive. Zelda is the only game series I happened to have collected a lot of. I had a decent Metroid collection too, but I gave most of it to my brother who really liked the series.

You should also check Ys series, it's close to Zelda games and you can get most of them on PC.

• The Sarien Encounter

I've been told this before but still haven't taken the plunge to try one yet. Perhaps I will.

Ouch! Good thing that I've retired from consoles.

Also this: http://www.gamespot....e/1100-6448529/

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 09 March 2017 - 05:30 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

From what I've seen and heard these problems are not very numerous and Nintendo are very good about replacing systems with these problems. Except for dead pixels, but pretty much you can just return those back to the store easily enough.

I do think the dock is incredibly cheap and I can't figure out why they didn't use Gorilla Glass instead of plastic for the actual screen. That's dumb.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 08 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 08 March 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

I do think the dock is incredibly cheap and I can't figure out why they didn't use Gorilla Glass instead of plastic for the actual screen. That's dumb.

My understanding is that this is not the only case where components of the system have been made with an unsuitable material. I guess the uniquely textured coating has a tendency to come off, to the point where even slightly adhesive things like those console skins completely ruin it.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Plastic screen? Yikes. It's bad enough that it can be easily scratched through standard use, however given its strong focus on mobility this flaw is greatly exacerbated.

Sounds like there was groupthink going on at the certification meetings.

• The Sarien Encounter

A screen protector is basically mandatory.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Any of you guys play\beat Breath of the Wild yet? I just beat it a few hours ago for the Wii U. I keep looking at reviews for the game... and I just don't get it. Well I kind of do. This definitely isn't the type of Zelda game I'm into.

If it is something you're interested in though, definitely go with the Switch version if at all possible. The game's performance on the Wii U is pretty bad. Like when I first started up the game and walked into the main world I got screen tearing and major lag. It's not like that everywhere in the game, but it's definitely there. Also the game outright crashed for me at one point playing some loud buzzing audio sound. I've seen videos of the Switch version and the performance didn't seem to be anything like that.

• The Sarien Encounter

I've been playing it on the Wii U and it's been pretty good for the most part. A couple moments when the framerate halves but it's nothing I'd overly complain about.

I'm loving this Zelda. I know it's different, but it just offers so much I don't look at that as a bad thing at all.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

I've become more of a stickler about FPS since getting a 144 Hz monitor so maybe it's just me XD. But I have four major gripes with the game. The first major one is breakable weapons though. This is the single most annoying gameplay aspect for me.
Spoiler
There's a lot of people that say it adds to the game, I completely disagree since every little thing is breakable.

• The Sarien Encounter

There are so many weapons that this doesn't bother me (anymore...it did, but I got used to it). I do wish that SOME weapons wouldn't break at all, and not every weapon. But yeah, there are so many weapons you never really run out. The trouble is you can't really call any weapon your own.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 March 2017 - 07:02 AM

• Evil Overlord

There is a way to store some. But I won't spoil it.

• Evil Overlord

View PostMicky C, on 09 March 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

Plastic screen? Yikes. It's bad enough that it can be easily scratched through standard use, however given its strong focus on mobility this flaw is greatly exacerbated.

Sounds like there was groupthink going on at the certification meetings.

Plastic was done on purpose because it's quite a bit more durable. Remember, it's meant to take out of the house and kids play with these things.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMblackwell, on 11 March 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

Plastic was done on purpose because it's quite a bit more durable. Remember, it's meant to take out of the house and kids play with these things.

https://www.youtube....h?v=XJP6gERPmMk
https://www.youtube....h?v=kqMgv9hHmrY

True, the increased flexibility does make it somewhat more resistant to certain kinds of damage than glass. However, given that all the evidence suggests that a screen protector is basically a compulsory requirement to prevent damage from standard, daily use, you'd think that Nintento should have done something about it.

• Evil Overlord

They held tons of events and there was no reported damage. But even so there's many licensed screen protectors available including tempered glass if that's your thing.

• The Sarien Encounter

Except that there's a fair amount of reporting of people scratching up their screen just from putting it in and out of the dock.

Granted, that's easily solved though by cushioning the dock with a piece of cloth or something.

• Evil Overlord

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 11 March 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

Except that there's a fair amount of reporting of people scratching up their screen just from putting it in and out of the dock.

Granted, that's easily solved though by cushioning the dock with a piece of cloth or something.

But it's not a majority, and Nintendo has replaced things for people that called. And for a lot of the people with the issue, when they post pictures of the dock it looks defective (bent) or dirty (manufacturing particles). Even then it only happens around the bezel, not within the viewable area.

On the new Zelda, I'm really digging it (on Wii-U), very very cool open world exploration, lots of fun touches like the little puzzles. It's crazy huge, I've played at least 60 hours and I'm not even close to beating it.

Nintendo discontinues the Mini-NES. That means that it'll be a very rare collectible and going up for a high price. That's it. I'm done with Nintendo w/ it's DMCA-abusing, product count controlling donkey shit for good.

http://www.theverge....ni-discontinued

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 13 April 2017 - 12:34 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm not too broken up over this...I've got a real NES and everything else on emulation. The coolest part of it was that the NES controller could connect to a Wiimote. But now they've discontinued the Wii U so it's pretty much useless going forward. It is still a strange decision, though. Nintendo never alluded to the fact that it was going to be a limited run item. That was really fast!

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 13 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 13 April 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

Nintendo discontinues the Mini-NES.

Why would you even want one to begin with? This thing can't even play original games, actual cartridges. That's pretty much why it failed and in Japan you can get original even cheaper than this useless junk, I bet even in the West it's possible to get good one for cheap.

I wonder even if they tried to copy SEGA which still produces actual Mega Drives (well, the companies which have SEGA's license). Because if they did, they completely missed the point (yeah, the ability to play cartridges).

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options