Duke4.net Forums: 3 monitors crash - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 monitors crash  "just a quick question"

User is offline   Jblade 

I recently got a TV that I could plug into my GTX760 via a Display port - I've got that and 2 monitors set up as well. It seemed to go well enough but today I've been getting crashes whenever loading into a game that went full screen - this GPU only has 1.5GB of ram so is it likely that the card just can't support 3 monitors going at once? (I'm only playing games on one monitor and watching videos on the other) My main one is 1920x1080, the second is 1440x900 and the TV is duplicating the feed of my main one (but its effective resolution is about 1280x760) Basically what happens is that the screens go black, I hear a USB disconnecting sound (no idea what that is since everything plugged in is still going and lit up) and then I have to restart my computer.

If it IS due to that, are there any good free programs that could manage the monitors so I could disable them on the fly? The default windows stuff seems kinda useless. I appreciate any help here.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 25 February 2017 - 11:50 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I'm not the expert, but from what i've read, the 2 gb card is near the bottom end of being able to run three monitors effectively / smoothly.
You probably have to lower the video settings on your game from high to medium/low.

User is offline   Jblade 

I'm thinking that's likely - I did read that some people had similar problems and disabling hardware acceleration for Chrome can prevent some issues - I'll have to check this out a bit more when I have more time but I just disconnected the 3rd monitor and could run shit without issues so at least I know my PC probably isn't going up the creek.

User is offline   Jeff 

Any of the Nvidia Kepler based GPUs (600 and 700 series) and beyond can run multiple monitors on a single card.

Also, check to make sure your DisplayPort cable is at least v1.2, otherwise it doesn't support multi-monitors.

Other than that, what Forge said.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 27 February 2017 - 01:57 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options