Duke4.net Forums: The Post Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Jeff 

That's the one that I use. I originally used Adblock Plus, but UBlock Origin is way better.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Adblock Plus gets paid to whitelist ads and replace existing ads with their own ads.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Thanks for this information. Switched.

Just saw John Wick Chapter 2, hot damn. Just hot damn. He maybe shoots a lot of people and it's awesome. Five stars.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Maybe shoots a lot of people?
I will not bite until I get an official guarantee that he does indeed shoot lots of people.

User is offline   Jeff 

Now if only I could do something about those sites which say "It seems you have an adblocker installed. We won't allow you to view our site unless you turn it off".

Simple: never visit those sites. I never click Forbe's links anymore.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

That's why script blockers exist (uMatrix for Chrome, NoScript for Firefox), the best thing ever, works against ads too.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 12 February 2017 - 01:22 AM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

You might have heard that Broken Glass Studios created a Doom 3 total conversion which recreated the classic Looking Glass Studios game Thief on id-Tech 4 but did you know it was completely stand-alone? You don’t even need a copy of Doom 3 to play it! It’s free! 2.05 will release any day, and the game's currently in the top 30 on Greenlight.

I was absolutely shocked when I realized it was actually playable and not just some ambitious pipe-dream. The prospect of playing HD Thief with dynamic lighting and improved physics sounds incredible but designing compelling stealth mechanics in an engine created around shooting demons in the dark is a tall order for a mod team. After checking out the tutorial, all my skepticism disappeared. Not only is The Dark Mod a brilliant re-imagining of Thief, it's one of the best stealth games ever released. Period. PC Gamer awarded the Dark Mod mod of the year in 2013. It's only improved since then.

It's so much better than Eidos Montreal's Thief reboot. Featuring dynamic lighting, sound propagation and improvements to lock-picking, AI, and player movement. Don’t have time to follow a modding community? No worries! Just use the in-game mission downloader. You can browse and download the latest FM’s from inside the application. There’s even a built-in auto updater to check The Dark Mod’s severs for future releases. Talk about thoughtful! Everything you loved about Thief: The Dark Project and Thief: The Metal Age is present and, in most cases, improved. Well, there’s no Garrett, Victoria, Hammerites, Pagans or Keepers (or that Daffy Duck sounding Karris!) but it manages to capture the essence of the series both mechanically and thematically.

That's surprising and a good game, no less.

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 12 February 2017 - 01:44 AM, said:

It's so much better than Eidos Montreal's Thief reboot.

You say this like it's difficult to make a better game than this shitty reboot. :P

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 12 February 2017 - 01:52 AM

View PostSledgehammer, on 12 February 2017 - 01:50 AM, said:

You say this like it's difficult to make a better game than this shitty reboot. :P

You got me there. That could be the worst reboot in history.

Still, Eidos Montreal had millions of dollars and 5 years of development and still managed to fuck up nearly everything that made Thief special. These dudes fucking modded Doom 3 to handle stealth in their free-time, and have continued to support the project for 8 years since the 1.00 release. That's badass.

Well, at that time Eidos was a part of the most disgusting companies in this industry called Square Enix which also don't know how to make quality games anymore. So, it seems like Eidos is doomed to fuck up under them. Tomb Raider (starting with reboot of course) and Mankind Divided are other their games which comes to mind.

The best thing is that they failed to acknowledge their mistakes and instead blamed the market (though maybe they're not wrong if you say that the market don't like to eat shitty products) hence they dropped Deus Ex for that Marvel licensed game which I bet they fuck up too and blame the market for its failure again, not the quality of the product.

That's really impressive how they used Doom 3 engine, and as always, this is trully the most amusing thing when some modders who make things for free are better than paid "professional" developers. Now it's kinda surprising that no one made System Shock mod on Doom 3 engine considering Doom 3 was inspired by it.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 12 February 2017 - 02:26 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Say what you will about the game itself, but Doom 3's engine is fucking impressive in a lot of ways. Really well written too, the source is easy to work with.

This post has been edited by Striker: 12 February 2017 - 11:04 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

I liked Doom 3 it was just very samey. And sorely missing a soundtrack.

Sci-fi action-horror with solid realistic elements (including PDA stuff) = DOOM 3

Sci-fantasy action manga with gore and upgrade system = DOOM 4

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

I'm officially a U.S. Marine, sorry for not being active on the forums for the last 13 weeks.

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 13 February 2017 - 01:44 AM

Sorry, I just had to.

• The Sarien Encounter

Congrats, BOSF!

• Balls of Steel Forever

It's pretty much the exact same except minus the hitting and choking. My nicknames were either boogie with a hoodie or jalopy, boogie with a hoodie as I was sick all of the time, and jalopy due to my last name, and me being clumsy. I made it through as I could outperform most of my peers on the hikes, coming from Washington and all. I was supposedly the person that got everyone through everything, I kept everyone laughing, along with showing that if my little clumsy ass could get through it so could you. That's what everyone said, it was pretty cool to know that. And also thank you musically inspired.

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 13 February 2017 - 07:44 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostBalls Of Steel Forever, on 13 February 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

I'm officially a U.S. Marine, sorry for not being active on the forums for the last 13 weeks.

enjoy making fun of the navy for the rest of your life.

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostForge, on 13 February 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

enjoy making fun of the navy for the rest of your life.

Already started, and I sure will.

View PostBalls Of Steel Forever, on 13 February 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

Thank you

The entire 6 years my wife was in the service she outperformed I'd say 90% of the guys. They also had someone threaten to commit suicide (whether they meant it or just said it trying to get out of BC) and my wife was the lucky soul that got to stay awake longer and make sure that person falls asleep. General advice is never complain about anything ever, always be the positive one.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 13 February 2017 - 12:59 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

Aside from a GPU swap, I'm also getting a RMA on a hard drive which had some SMART errors. Should be here next week I'd guess.

The Australian made Desync launches on the 28th.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 16 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

My brand new hard drive arrived from Western Digital today.

A cool article about the fans who "resurrected," i.e. made community patches, for Daikatana.

User is offline   Fox 

Posted Image

GOG now have Hidden & Dangerous and Hidden & Dangerous 2. :P

User is offline   Fox 

Posted Image

I really didn't want to post another joke in the Obituaries thread

RIP La La Land's Oscar win

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options