• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

I didn't see anything Duke related.. What did I miss?

At 9:45, Duke is on the right eerily peering through the shudders as he stands next to a decapitated woman.

This post has been edited by Marphy Black: 23 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Sometimes, late at night, flashes of memories I'd almost forgotten come to me of the old 3DR boards before the DNF buyout and the layoffs. And I miss it.

Sometimes.

User is offline   Mark 

WOW, downtown NY city is a whole different planet than where I live. I spent about 5 minutes watching a Times Square live webcam and not only are there so many bright lights, huge video screens and hundreds of people standing around, but I also counted 70 taxi cabs pass through an intersection in those 5 minutes. Almost every other car was a taxi. Sometimes traveling in groups of 3 or 4 at a time. And as I typed this probably another 20 passed by. Just saw 11 on the street at once. Again, WOW. The camera pulled back to reveal 20 cabs in a 2 block stretch of street. No end in site as I continue to watch. I'm just amazed at the sea of yellow cars.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 28 January 2017 - 05:47 PM

User is online   X-Vector 

So the GTA IV taxi bug isn't really a bug at all?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

User is offline   Jeff 

When Trump decided to ban Muslims coming into the US from seven countries, someone at one of the airports had a big sign that said "Trump You're Fired".

I LOLed.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 30 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 23 January 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

Sometimes, late at night, flashes of memories I'd almost forgotten come to me of the old 3DR boards before the DNF buyout and the layoffs. And I miss it.

Sometimes.

All I remember from the old 3dr board is a bunch of trolls, emos, and butthurt moderators.
Those were the good ol' days.

• The Sarien Encounter

I remember the Jack Thompson fiasco. Seems so small compared to what started in 2014...

• The Sarien Encounter

woops double post. delete

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 31 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJeff, on 30 January 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

When Trump decided to ban Muslims coming into the US,

Posted Image

User is online   X-Vector 

View PostForge, on 30 January 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

All I remember from the old 3dr board is a bunch of trolls, emos, and butthurt moderators.

The 3DR forums housed a lot of young 'uns which were easily manipulated by a couple of agent provocateurs, but to me the overall atmosphere wasn't as caustic as it's been over here from time to time.
Even though certain members such as Drazula and CultureShock frequently dominated discussion, that place still felt mostly friendly and perhaps even family-like.
I miss it, just like I miss the good ol' days of DNF anticipation.

User is offline   Forge 

Don't forget the hundreds of fan-fic & what-if posts.

What would Duke look like today if he aged normally?
What if Duke were a gay biker lesbian?
Duke would kick the predator's ass.
etc.
etc.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostForge, on 30 January 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

I remember coming to Joe about something because some users were creating a hostile thread, or stuff which may have been considered a personal attack. He told me to grow some thicker skin.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJeff, on 31 January 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

I remember coming to Joe about something because some users were creating a hostile thread, or stuff which may have been considered a personal attack. He told me to grow some thicker skin.

figures.
He was pretty much number 1 on the butthurt list when anybody had anything negative to say about him.

I don't know many other forums that could appreciate this, but I've finally been able to complete my Capstone Software big box first person shooter collection. I will now take the time to contemplate what perplexing life decisions have led me to this point:

Posted Image

And by "complete", I mean as long as you don't think about the following:

There are also the many international releases, a few jewel case-only releases like this TekWar disc, unlicensed shovelware (and shareware, I think) packs like this Corridor 7 floppy, and boring bundles aplenty like this Witchaven/TekWar box.

• The Sarien Encounter

Man old game box covers rocked.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Tell me about it; I've started buying them on Ebay; starting off with easy ones like Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Far Cry, those early 00's that were still in boxes and not just thick DVD cases. I've got two Daikatana boxes, one opened, one new still sealed (hint: they were both cheap and in perfect condition)
I think the Serious Sam First Encounter one is my favorite, especially the inside background image with aliasing on the enemies and architecture. Can't ever find the Second Encounter box for sale though.
This last year I've started getting into the 90s. Got big boxes of Quake 2, Duke3D, Half-Life collection, a couple other games, and my pride and joys Blood and the Blood Shareware box. Still a looong way to go.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 31 January 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

Man old game box covers rocked.

Even as a non-serious gamer, this is so true...

View PostHulkNukem, on 31 January 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Tell me about it; I've started buying them on Ebay; starting off with easy ones like Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Far Cry, those early 00's that were still in boxes and not just thick DVD cases. I've got two Daikatana boxes, one opened, one new still sealed (hint: they were both cheap and in perfect condition)I think the Serious Sam First Encounter one is my favorite, especially the inside background image with aliasing on the enemies and architecture. Can't ever find the Second Encounter box for sale though.This last year I've started getting into the 90s. Got big boxes of Quake 2, Duke3D, Half-Life collection, a couple other games, and my pride and joys Blood and the Blood Shareware box. Still a looong way to go.
I here (game room) there are hundreds of games (MBC says about 350 boxed PC FPS's and add-ons) that surround you on the walls, face out. It is interesting to just look at them. Some suck of course, but many are more than lazy art.

CatNapDreams

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

I threw out all my game boxes about 10 years ago... :P

Duke, SW, Quake2, MotoRacer, Motocross Madness 1&2, etc..

This post has been edited by Robman: 31 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

I lost over half of mine 13 years ago when I moved to Winnipeg. Whole box of boxes. Gone. No idea what happened to them. They simply never arrived at the destination. I don't know how they didn't make it in the moving truck. Still have the leftovers, though. Which luckily includes Space Quest, King's Quest 2 and 3, Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island 2, Maniac Mansion, and a few others. I lost Half-Life GOTY/Opposing Force/Blue-Shift (all large box versions), Duke Nukem 1.3D, Alien Carnage (FormGen), Unreal Tournament, Area 51, Myst, Thexder, Sentinel Worlds, and a crapload more.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 31 January 2017 - 07:07 PM

Double Dragon 4 is a crap rushed cash grab.
It has some good ideas and the art is good (even though it's taking from the NES Double Dragon 2 and not something like Double Dragon Advance, Super Double Dragon, or the arcade ports of Double Dragon, or even the incredible looking Zeebo version)
But man, what a piece of shit. Visual glitches, weapons don't work properly part of the time (throwing a baseball bat into an enemy, it hits them, they fall down; sometimes the second you push the throw button the enemy just immediately falls down even though the bat is nowhere near them yet, for instance) you can walk all the way to the top or bottom of the screen and enemies won't attack you, letting you pop in for a quick attack then retreat. Or you can just spam the spin attack move, which is now simply mapped to the kick button whenever you jump, making the timing trivial. Also when you are climbing a ladder and there's an enemy waiting up top, 9/10 times they will immediately hit you with nothing you can do about it.
The only time for deaths is the awkward platforming or near-one hit kills, or getting stuck in a loop of the enemy punching your direction while your character is starting to get up (fun).
Beat em ups have evolved beyond this, so what a disappointment to make it a numbered Double Dragon.
At least there's a survival mode that lets you unlock new enemies to use in singleplayer, although the replay value is still low.
Also according to Steam, on PC, no quit button, and you can't remap keyboard buttons, only controller. Fun

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 31 January 2017 - 10:09 PM

To double post with a good impression of a game, Resident Evil 7 is fantastic.
I don't do horror games pretty much ever, Condemned and Fear are the exception (and horror is used loosely for those)
RE7 reminds me so much of Condemned that I figured I would need to play it (that and having PSVR, which is a very good companion to RE7) (Also, this is the reason I enjoyed Outlast so much)
I'm loving it a lot. Ammo and items in general are very scarce and while there's a fair bit of jumpscares, the atmosphere still keeps you on your toes and those hairs raised.
Also there's a lot of just fucked up yet badass moments in the game, like (slight early boss spoilers)
Spoiler

These parts evoke a bit of a grindhouse vibe, and it's hilarious and still creepy as hell.
I also like that beating it with different parameters met (beating it under 4 hours, beating it on certain difficulties, etc) unlocks features to use in future playthroughs, even if it means it gives you an edge on the harder difficulties.
Highly recommended, although I wouldn't say 60 bucks is worth it as it is quite short, and once you know what to do it's incredibly short.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 01 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

It's funny, but they fucked up even regional pricing on Steam (the game's price in Russia is above than in US, for example).

Anyway, DD4 just made me want to play River City Ransom: Underground even more and looks like it's coming exactly in time (that was a long wait):

Here is store page

Hopefully it won't be a huge disappointment, the game looks very promising and I might buy it day one.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 03 February 2017 - 02:55 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

I think my monitor or GPU is on it's last legs. Going to try my other monitor after my backup finishes. I've also got a second GPU I'll hook up later.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: firstworldproblems.jpg
  • Attached Image: corrupt_video2.jpg
  • Attached Image: corruptvideo.JPG

This post has been edited by Jeff: 04 February 2017 - 12:39 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

I was running a 460 since 2010. I recently got a 970 and gave my old one to my dad. Since I've given it to him it's started to fail. His problem was an overheating issue (his case doesn't have the best airflow and there was a lot of dust). It was causing glitches and checkerboarding all over the screen. So he baked the card in an oven and now it works again. But I doubt that's your issue. Still, strange that a newer model would quit before an older one. Unless the 670s were more cheaply made or something.

User is offline   Jeff 

I also had a video scheduler BSOD a few times the other day.

-Takes out GTX 670
-Puts in GTX 950

Problem solved.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 04 February 2017 - 01:06 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Oh the horror of it all!!!! It seems that Youtube has found a way around Chrome with Adblock. I started seeing adverts again in between videos. F@#$

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Use a better ad blocker.

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options