Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

It's mostly in an indoor area.

The interior is looking pretty dark. You sure you didn't mean to post in the Doom 3 forums?

User is offline   Gambini 

To me it´s the silouette of a cowboy´s hand about to get the revolver, on a duel

Posted Image

• Polymancer

OK, I took the obscuring too far. Here is something clearer.
I'm not posting anything else about this till nearer release, but I can say that Gambini is getting warm.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 19 January 2017 - 12:31 AM

it´s the Overlord, who cut his nails recently!

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View Postbrullov, on 16 January 2017 - 02:36 AM, said:

Updated shotgun.

Posted Image

The general form and shading is alright, but I did notice a couple of things:
If you follow the perspective lines from the barrel of the gun to the butt/stock/rear portion you'll see that they have two slightly different perspectives which gives the impression that the gun is bent. Should be fixable by shaving off a few pixels. I also notice that the holes around the top of the barrel aren't in perfect alignment, which creates more accidental extra perspective lines. If you work in layers you should be easily able to rotate and shift things around to fix it, although it might require shaving off part of the holes on the rightmost line. Otherwise it's a good start.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I also noticed the 'bent gun' thing, but didn't say anything since I didn't know the names of the gun parts :P

User is offline   HMNuke93 

Is that render Dr.Proton?

• Honored Donor

If it had shaper claws I'd say it's a good candidate for the enforcer:

Posted Image

User is offline   stumppy84 

Pig cop, just like his avatar.

User is offline   Mark 

^ and I thought nobody else noticed :P

Posted Image

My heart skipped a beat or two, and then I browsed a few pages back. Gambini, you're a treasure.

User is offline   stumppy84 

Gambini, are you gonna change the final boss? I thought it was cool and fun but it didn't seem to have a connection to any of the DNF build bosses that I know of; Octaking or cycloid. The cycloid has been done a million times though so I respect your decision not to have him and do something different! Can't wait to play what you have brewing!

I hope there will be also new inspired DNF trailer levels or this awesome upgrade to the mod will lose much of his potential or even all it's sense.

• Honored Donor

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Warp Factor looks really good in that screenshot!

• Honored Donor

The original Warp Factor is wildly out of proportion. Besides the bridge secret, it bears no resemblance to any Federation ship whatsoever, apart from the basic, approximate shape of the layout as a whole.

Wasn´t there an autoshading map script? that´d come handy there, shading will add depth and size to it.

Anyway: I just put the first model on place -which is an achievement considering i had to go really obscure with google to find the right steps- but for some reason the skin looks like half (or even one quarter) its size, making it look all pixelated. The tile is saved as 8bits indexed png, 512x512. Any idea how to fix ir?

Posted Image

• Honored Donor

For the record I'm hoping that you are using a fairly lowish resolution so that the art style is consistent with the rest of the art. But yeah that doesn't look too great in its current glitchy state.

Fox did make an autoshading script that works in-game. Hendricks made a port of it to mapster script at one point but but was glitchy and several surfaces were unaffected. Nothing's really happened since then. A real shame since I'd make extensive use of such a script. In the mean time if there's not much coded behaviour happening in that section of the map, you could start it up in-game with the script running, then do a "dndebug" to output the map with the shading applied.

I've used Hendrick's sector mirroring script to do the underside of the saucer section of that Federation ship. So if he does decide to continue working on scripts I'd want him to know that they're being put to good use as opposed to sitting on a hard drive collecting dust Posted Image

• Polymancer

Under Render Setup, make sure that 'High Res Texture Quality' is all the way over to the right.

Also, how did you index the PNG?

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 25 January 2017 - 03:18 AM

Thanks! Now i realize it only happens in mapster, in eduke it looks fine!

Well i always index these skins so they are true duke look, and then i saved it as png. Now that you ask, maybe it wasnt indexed, just respected the old colors?

• Polymancer

I was going to say, if you knock the skins down, it will have that 128-pixel-sprite look.

User is offline   Jolteon 

Do you get hungry when wandering around in the average everyday theme park? come on down to the Electric Diner, where we sell burgers, fries, and other kinds of crap! All it requires is a yellow key card. ;)

Attached Image: capt0074.png

Here are some shots of inside the diner.

Attached Image: capt0075.png Attached Image: capt0076.png

And here are some shots of inside the kitchen.

Attached Image: capt0077.png Attached Image: capt0078.png Attached Image: capt0079.png Attached Image: capt0081.png

Also the Blue Octabrain now has a friend. :P

Attached Image: capt0080.png

Is that a tiny baby pig cop with it's parents in the second shot? :P

User is offline   Dmazes5 

Where can I get the Duke Nukem 64 weapon sprites? I'd like to know thanks.

• Polymancer

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

Is it a turtle shell for a new enemy? :P TMNT

This post has been edited by Mark.: 27 January 2017 - 05:38 PM

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

Look cool but I would have the body move up and down just a little bit. Just enough to notice.

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options