• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 01 January 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

It must be because we linked videos using time stamps for the relevant material.

The first EP video works for me in your post, but not in HulkNukem's quote.

It's nice to see someone like Dean Haglund talk about playing Duke Nukem and Quake, doesn't really get much more nineties than that.
The show itself seems rather OK as well; more product plugging than investigative journalism, but still interesting and thankfully not as 'loud 'n' zany' as most US and British equivalents.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Yeah, I have the same issue with videos.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 02 January 2017 - 06:26 AM

Yup... if you provide a video link with a time stamp the forum doesn't recognize it as a legit video.

This "problem" would be eradicated quickly if people tested their posts before posting.

*cough*

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Posted Image

User is offline   Jeff 

RiME looks quite nice.

User is offline   Jeff 

-Takes picture of newly renovated sidewalk underpass.
-Random guy starts screaming at me for unintentionally including him in the photo when he sees the flash go off. Even he wasn't the subject of the photo.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 06 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostForge, on 07 January 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Posted Image

Mario Cart US

It doesn't matter how much time may pass, he will return into your mind...

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'd title that movie "Millennials Meet Reality."

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

View PostFox, on 08 January 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

pillow talk

too far dude.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

Imagine a world where almost every bullshit pulled out by David Icke is real, combined with a videogame that wants to be desperately like a kind of Metal Gear without supercyborgs or supertechnology and using common police/militar equipment only, all behind the backyard of your house (or even everywhere, it is sufficient that is a place), then add a pinch of B series soap-opera drama.

Got the set? Now there's only three possibilities:

*You are a developer of a Suda51 game.
*You are actually Kojima and your lame storyline has escaped your control.
*You are watching "Nuovo Ordine Mondiale" by Ferrara brothers.

Behold the New LOL Order action movie filmed in a way that a conspiracy theorist can get horny that never make it to cinema circuit because no one want to see the materialization of their whinings on screen plus the acting and the effect suck ass THE POWER DOES NOT WANT US TO KNOW THE TRUTH SO THEY CENSORED EVERYTHING!1!1!1!

You can "enjoy" it thanks to the english subs (subs I suspect are not fanmade but integrated in the actual movie because F. Brothers fooled themselves that it would become success overseas).

So take some pop-corn and watch the adventures of the mofo commissioner Massimo Torre and his hardcore three man army against the evil control maniac satanic reptilian masons of Blumberg group!

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 13 January 2017 - 12:34 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I think Romero's Blackroom game can be considered abandoned; no news or a single mention at all about it since the kickstarter was cancelled and they wanted to work on a demo.

View PostHulkNukem, on 15 January 2017 - 12:44 AM, said:

I think Romero's Blackroom game can be considered abandoned; no news or a single mention at all about it since the kickstarter was cancelled and they wanted to work on a demo.

He talked about it in November.

TR: And just to move on slightly … So obviously [John] you’re back working with Adrian Carmack again on Blackroom, and you’ve set up Nightworks to make the game, did you set that up together, how did that come about?
JR: I set the company up a while ago when we first moved to Ireland and he’s yeah he’s kind of between the US and Ireland so, yeah, I set it up over there.

TR: You guys working closely together again, was that a conscious attempt to sort of get back to those early games like Doom, Quake, that kind of thing?
JR: Oh yeah, yeah, it was just like ‘hey it’d be…’ really he’s a great art director, a great artist so I said ‘it’d really cool to work on a shooter’ and he said ‘yep, that’d be cool’ because he hasn’t worked on a shooter in a while either.

TR: So are we looking at something that’s going to be in the old school vein for Blackroom then? I don’t know how much you can really say about the game …
JR: Yeah I can’t really talk about the game but the … you know that old school gameplay feel would be what you would expect out of the game, even though it’s going to be something different. So yes so fast movement, that kind of stuff.

TR: Does it put any restriction on the Design philosophy you go into a game with that kind of nostalgia effect? Especially as you’ve got a lot of fans who loved those games back in the nineties and there’s going to be certain things they expect, maybe things that worked in those games that wouldn’t work so well now, how does that affect your thinking going in?
JR: Well I mean, it’s on the P.C. –it’s a PC Game so… it’ll work. [Laughing]
BR: I think as well it’s a question you know if you look at the levels that he did for Doom after, those were his warm ups, there was there were design constraints there meaning that…
JR: …You could only use textures from the shareware right, so those kinds of constraints.
BR: But there’s, you know, that was a deliberate constraint adding on like if ‘I could create these this is all I would have available so I’m gonna do that’ in making new games that doesn’t apply, right. So you know… I have, like we said there’s just basically nothing right now that we can say about Blackroom, I wish we could, but we can’t.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 15 January 2017 - 01:53 AM

View PostHulkNukem, on 15 January 2017 - 12:44 AM, said:

Haven't you heard the news? Romero's newest game has just entered Steam Greenlight!

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=840040966

User is offline   Mark 

It was an exciting game and a nail biter right to the end. Packers beat the Cowboys in the 2nd round of Playoffs. Winning field goal kicked with 3 seconds left to play. :lol:

User is offline   Kawa 

User is offline   HulkNukem 

The Gabe Newell AMA got me thinking;
Duke 3D shareware came out January 29th, 1996 and Duke Forever came out June 10th/14th 2011, just over 15 years.
Half-Life 2 Episode 2, the last official Half-Life game to come out, was October 10th, 2007, almost ten years ago.

In some strange way, it feels like I waited a very, very long time for Duke Forever to release, but it seems like only yesterday I was playing Episode 2 on my brother's computer.

Thy'd btr to dvlop tis gam vry fstr. :P

Trailer

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostFantinaikos, on 20 January 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

Thy'd btr to dvlop tis gam vry fstr. :P

Oh believe me, you wouldn't want it, by all means you wouldn't. To put it the best way, play Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 to understand better (but I strongly don't recommend you, I warn you).

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 20 January 2017 - 08:34 AM

View PostSledgehammer, on 20 January 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

Oh believe me, you wouldn't want it, by all means you wouldn't. To put it the best way, play Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 to understand better (but I strongly don't recommend you, I warn you).

Thanks but Retsupurae already explained everything. Even TOO well.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 20 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

User is offline   Loke 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

LOL

User is offline   Jeff 

Abandon ship!

This post has been edited by Jeff: 23 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

I was watching videos of dead malls when, all of a sudden, Duke showed up!

https://youtu.be/B5ggeeyfJmw?t=9m45s

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options