Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

View PostRobman, on 12 December 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

GBX doesn't own Shadow Warrior and its betas haven't been released.

Stop hording my Jewels :lol:

You're absolutely right! Devolver Digital own Shadow Warrior!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The more anyone expresses a sense of entitlement to any of these materials, the less interested I am in working toward their release.

Devolver owns SW? Damn right.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostHendricks266, on 12 December 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

The more anyone expresses a sense of entitlement to any of these materials, the less interested I am in working toward their release.

Nice to know your emotions are the deciding factor here. Guess we better keep you happy.
Excellent Job my friend, none better.. here here tut tut, you're the absolute best.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Robman: 12 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

C'mon guys. Hendricks is being a dick but he really has no power here. It just depends on whether GBX and Devolver want to cooperate. I think we're, unfortunately, gonna be 1 for 2 in the cooperation department.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Dug up some stuff, some may be found elsewhere but a few I've never seen before.
Spoiler

Oh, and Sister Act III was once called "Two Timer!"..
Spoiler

Also I meant to comment on this earlier, but I saw this and you can read what the security monitor used to say (it was probably just a placeholder):
Spoiler

Also, unrelated to above, but I've noticed a lot of times in these games, some posters and things with small writing, if you look carefully, you can tell it sometimes just said "blur me"

This post has been edited by Tristan: 05 January 2017 - 11:21 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I want that shotgun.

• Honored Donor

I swear someone posted a video once that actually showed a short video clip with that shotgun in E1M1. I want to say it was Darkus.

I have seen the pickup sprite of it before though, and have commented about it several times, but never could find out how close I got to the sprite in my attempt to make it based off what I saw on a screenshot:
Posted Image
The screenshot just had this shotgun sprite in zoo.map, but it showed the released shotgun HUD sprite in Duke's hands, so the magazine either didn't have a current image of the shotgun pick up sprite or they hadn't changed it yet. I can't find the image right now. I've read countless times they changed the shotgun sprites because critics made fun of it. I'm not sure why, though. Maybe it was the pumping animation that didn't look right? Who knows, but I know that it's the same actual shotgun in the final game. They just added a grip to the pump and then after digitizing it into the game (and holding it the wrong way so they could mirror the image to have the ejection show on screen), they edited it further to look cooler.

This post has been edited by Tristan: 05 January 2017 - 11:30 PM

I really couldn't tell it was the same shotgun, especially with that color. I always thought the shotgun and the pistol in the final is drawn and painted instead of being digitized because of their cartoonish proportions.

User is offline   Lunick 

I think that says Two Timers.

User is offline   FistMarine 

I've always thought that this beta Shotgun is the one that Duke is using at end of level screen and on the Battlelord cutscene.

I guess it's also the same one that shows up on Duke sprites. Take a look at my avatar and compare.

This post has been edited by RunningDuke: 06 January 2017 - 05:33 AM

User is offline   Malgon 

View PostTristan, on 05 January 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

I swear someone posted a video once that actually showed a short video clip with that shotgun in E1M1. I want to say it was Darkus.

I have seen the pickup sprite of it before though, and have commented about it several times, but never could find out how close I got to the sprite in my attempt to make it based off what I saw on a screenshot:
Posted Image
The screenshot just had this shotgun sprite in zoo.map, but it showed the released shotgun HUD sprite in Duke's hands, so the magazine either didn't have a current image of the shotgun pick up sprite or they hadn't changed it yet. I can't find the image right now. I've read countless times they changed the shotgun sprites because critics made fun of it. I'm not sure why, though. Maybe it was the pumping animation that didn't look right? Who knows, but I know that it's the same actual shotgun in the final game. They just added a grip to the pump and then after digitizing it into the game (and holding it the wrong way so they could mirror the image to have the ejection show on screen), they edited it further to look cooler.

Sounds like a different shotgun as according to this tweet the shotgun was bought with the pistol grip.

Posted Image

User is offline   neznam 

View PostTristan, on 05 January 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

This was on RTCM:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by neznam: 06 January 2017 - 09:38 AM

What map could that be on the Flamer screenshot?

It's just one of the monster rooms in _ZOO.MAP.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View PostTristan, on 05 January 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

Posted Image
That's an impressive skyline.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Finally got an OK from Randy to post stuff again. Come get some.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Hallelujah!

I'll give Randy a gold star sticker for this but he's still got a long way to go.

TX whatever you're doing in your conversations with Randy, keep it up!

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 18 January 2017 - 12:21 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Cool! You said that nobody knows where Chuck Jones' models are? Can you post any renders that exist that we might not have seen before? Maybe higher-res versions of previously published ones, or ones that we haven't seen like the enforcer model.

User is offline   The Kins 

View PostTerminX, on 18 January 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

Finally got an OK from Randy to post stuff again. Come get some.
Excellent news!

Posted Image

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

This is awesome news !

Even if it ends up being just small bits, I'd really hate to see this stuff to rot forever in some archives.

Props to Randy for showing the green light !

I really hope that you can finally do the beta stuff some justice down the road.

• Honored Donor

Glad to hear! I knew someday he'd allow for it.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Randy is actually a pretty cool guy. I know people are compelled to hate him because of the whole 3DR vs Gearbox lawsuit thing, or because of the Alien game fiasco, but the guy is much more than the sum of some legal action and some questionable dev practices. I actually had a problem a couple weeks ago that I thought he might be able to give me some advice on, and the guy took the time to write a couple pages in response. It was good advice and it solved my problem. The guy is very devoted to gaming (the gaming museum they helped fund is awesome) and he doesn't deserve the bad reputation he has. Everyone says and does stupid shit at some point in their lives... just because someone is a public figure doesn't mean it should follow them around forever.

Anyway, have these:

Posted Image
Posted Image

• Honored Donor

them sum noice tit tit on that second pic :lol:

User is offline   jet_nick 

Can you post the old sky box whith red sky? old sprites sheet of old enemies?

• Honored Donor

Let them do what they gotta do before all of the requesting. He was just now given the OK. He's said several times that to release all of the stuff has to be done carefully. Give them some respect, because so far they're (TX and Hendricks) are the only two here with the stuff and the ability to do things with it.

User is offline   jet_nick 

you're right
:lol:

Digging that destroyed telephone.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Fuck yeah awesome news!!

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Woot!

Alright. I'll give Randy another chance. I will now switch to support mode. This was a huge step.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 18 January 2017 - 05:58 AM

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options