GdxBloodCM os a Java port based on libgdx framework...its not a eduke's32 mod

Why Java?

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 01 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

User is offline   Kawa 

View Posticecoldduke, on 01 January 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Why Java?

Because God is dead and Sun Microsystens killed him :lol:

User is offline   m210® 

Because its easier and crossplatform, its faster for compilation and I can check a lot of tests, I can changing renderer parameters and drawing when program already running and a lot of more...and I want to make an Android port :lol:
Java saves me a lot of time, therefore I made Tekwar port for one month .In the case of C ++, I will spend a month on compilation :D
Anyway, when I done my port, maybe I rewrite it on c++, it will be not difficult

Btw, each of eDuke32 build I spent about 3 hours on compilation, because it always anything wrong, it always has an errors I need to fix it....How much I spend time with Java compilation? 1sec for for one launch program....it's a main cause

This post has been edited by M210: 01 January 2017 - 11:21 PM

C# fulfills all those benefits without being a terrible language, imo. But in the end, I guess the source code can be used as a reference to make a modified version of EDuke32/JFBuild/etc supporting Blood regardless of the language you use.

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 01 January 2017 - 11:42 PM

View PostM210, on 01 January 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

Because its easier and crossplatform, its faster for compilation and I can check a lot of tests, I can changing renderer parameters and drawing when program already running and a lot of more...and I want to make an Android port :lol:
Java saves me a lot of time, therefore I made Tekwar port for one month .In the case of C ++, I will spend a month on compilation :D
Anyway, when I done my port, maybe I rewrite it on c++, it will be not difficult

Btw, each of eDuke32 build I spent about 3 hours on compilation, because it always anything wrong, it always has an errors I need to fix it....How much I spend time with Java compilation? 1sec for for one launch program....it's a main cause

I really like the idea of having build on a non native language, I just personally won't be using your work due to the security issues that seem to always plague the java runtime. I hope you would consider switching to mono .NET.

User is offline   m210® 

:lol:))

This post has been edited by M210: 02 January 2017 - 11:40 PM

User is offline   blizzart 

View PostM210, on 02 January 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

:D))

Only watched this because of that guy from Lilyhammer. :lol:

User is online   Mark 

I watched it to see how short her skirt was. :lol:

i just played around a bit with the the latest build, and while the new episode is nice and all, there are still several really annoying bugs laying around. now that you started developing the java port (which might mean you'll possibly put BloodCM on an indefinite hiatus), i wonder if you are planning to release the source files, so the community might address those bugs, some of which are:

• in vanilla Blood, blowing up enemies triggers Caleb to choose from a variety of screams/shouts. in BloodCM i counted one 'hehehe'.
  • zombies never enter suspended animation phase (when exposed to a non-lethal attack) and then ninja jump-back up to the player.
  • 3-4 hits of pitchfork instakills zombies.
  • if a cultist accidentally hits a zombie and then the zombie starts attacking the aforementioned cultist in return, the cultist will never fight back the attacking zombie. the player will be ignored until their fight is over (due to the death of that cultist).
  • green cultists (with the dynamite) won't attack the player if they stand on a higher ground relative to the player - ok this might be a broad generalization of one special case on level 1 of Post Mortem: rooftop greenies will ignore the player entirely as you walk around below them.
  • no auto aim. (i like auto aim shut up).
  • some corpses won't be gibbed on explosion - or not always.
  • explosives' area of effect are sometimes.. funny.

sorry if you find my suggestion of releasing the source files intrusive or something, it's just that i'm having a real bad case of proper_port of_blood-thirst, and i do think a lot of the community devs would benefit from it (who knows, maybe even Kaiser could use it), and eventually, the universe. :lol:

This post has been edited by evil_presley: 07 January 2017 - 01:08 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostM210, on 01 January 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

EDuke32 should only take less than 30 seconds to compile, not 3 hours. Don't know what kind of slow-ass system you are running on, or what broken pile of ass you're using to compile it. EDuke32 itself is also cross-platform in it's entirety.

This post has been edited by Striker: 07 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

View Postevil_presley, on 05 January 2017 - 06:41 AM, said:

• zombies never enter suspended animation phase (when exposed to a non-lethal attack) and then ninja jump-back up to the player.

You sure about this? I just had a quick go and they seem to fall and then get up after hit by distant dynamite explosion. Maybe not all attacks make them go like this?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostStriker, on 07 January 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

EDuke32 should only take less than 30 seconds to compile, not 3 hours.

Yeah. Protip: make RELEASE=0 -j

*Build without compiler optimizations, which take the majority of any compile time.
*Parallelizes the build process in the number of CPU threads you have.

View PostCryptKiller, on 07 January 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

You sure about this? I just had a quick go and they seem to fall and then get up after hit by distant dynamite explosion. Maybe not all attacks make them go like this?

i never saw them do that.

This post has been edited by evil_presley: 07 January 2017 - 05:27 PM

User is offline   XxMiltenXx 

View Postevil_presley, on 07 January 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

i never saw them do that.

I think what he means; the zombies on easier difficulty, if e.g. hit by a pitch fork, would fall over, and then get back up after a few seconds if not dead. The chance decreases with higher difficulties. In BloodTC however, this behavior isn't present at all though.

View PostHendricks266, on 07 January 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

Yeah. Protip: make RELEASE=0 -j

*Build without compiler optimizations, which take the majority of any compile time.
*Parallelizes the build process in the number of CPU threads you have.

I don't remember if you guys are using precompiled headers or not. That would cutdown even the debug compile times by a decent amount. Althrough I don't remember the build times being that bad.

User is offline   m210® 

Working on triggers now....and made a new video

Almost playable at all :lol:

User is offline   max_nukem 

View PostM210, on 09 January 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

Great Job! Waiting this port!

User is offline   axl 

View PostM210, on 09 January 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

Damn impressive. I do feel BloodCM isn't quite accurate enough to replace Blood entirely (so I still use dosbox to play it), but I really appreciate you and other guys who continue to work on creating ports for such an old game without the help of a source code. Blood (along with the nolf series) is, in my opinion, one of the finest games ever made and it's a DAMN shame that there isn't an amazing port as eduke32 or Zdoom or Quakespasm, ... to support it.

I'm sure there will be a day that all people will be able to play Blood in all its glory... whether it would be on the XL Engine, BloodCM, BloodEX or whatever...

This post has been edited by axl: 10 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

User is offline   Jim 

Can GdxBloodCM support texture filtering when it is done?

User is offline   m210® 

Its a basic feature of OpenGL...of course yes

User is offline   Jim 

Can gdxblood support mods such as this?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ratm

User is offline   m210® 

https://en.m.wikiped...rg/wiki/Porting

User is offline   Master O 

View Postaxl, on 10 January 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

Damn impressive. I do feel BloodCM isn't quite accurate enough to replace Blood entirely (so I still use dosbox to play it), but I really appreciate you and other guys who continue to work on creating ports for such an old game without the help of a source code. Blood (along with the nolf series) is, in my opinion, one of the finest games ever made and it's a DAMN shame that there isn't an amazing port as eduke32 or Zdoom or Quakespasm, ... to support it.

I'm sure there will be a day that all people will be able to play Blood in all its glory... whether it would be on the XL Engine, BloodCM, BloodEX or whatever...

Maybe if someone could get Jace to finally come to his senses and get the source code released, all of these recreations of Blood would be unnecessary.

Think of all the FPSes with their sources codes released for years:

Doom 1, 2, TNT/Plutonia, Heretic, Hexen (If Strife's is ever found, I'm sure it'll join that list too)
Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior
Serious Sam: First and Second Encounter

Then there's all of these games (FPSes and non-FPSes alike):

https://en.wikipedia...sed_source_code

View PostMaster O, on 04 February 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

Maybe if someone could get Jace to finally come to his senses and get the source code released, all of these recreations of Blood would be unnecessary.

Think of all the FPSes with their sources codes released for years:

Doom 1, 2, TNT/Plutonia, Heretic, Hexen (If Strife's is ever found, I'm sure it'll join that list too)
Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior
Serious Sam: First and Second Encounter

Then there's all of these games (FPSes and non-FPSes alike):

https://en.wikipedia...sed_source_code

I believe Strife can work with ZDoom so technically you don't really need a source code ... Besides there's an editor, I forgot the name, who had released in 2014 a "Veteran Edition" so I'm pretty sure we'll have to wait another 15 years before the source code gets released >_>

Strife was reverse-engineered iirc

View PostCryptKiller, on 05 February 2017 - 05:22 AM, said:

Strife was reverse-engineered iirc

You're probably right, in the link to the wiki article they say that the original source code of Strife was lost and so when they wanted to make the Veteran re-release they made a new one based-off a Doom port.

So that means the source code was released in a way ? Too bad they didn't do the same for other games as somebody said earlier >_>

User is offline   Player Lin 

[offtopic]

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 05 February 2017 - 12:15 AM, said:

I believe Strife can work with ZDoom so technically you don't really need a source code ... Besides there's an editor, I forgot the name, who had released in 2014 a "Veteran Edition" so I'm pretty sure we'll have to wait another 15 years before the source code gets released >_>

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 05 February 2017 - 05:37 AM, said:

You're probably right, in the link to the wiki article they say that the original source code of Strife was lost and so when they wanted to make the Veteran re-release they made a new one based-off a Doom port.

So that means the source code was released in a way ? Too bad they didn't do the same for other games as somebody said earlier >_>

ZDooM's Strife supports was still based on Kaiser's SvStrife port...you can say all DooM ports was supported Strife was from reverse-engineered work from Kaiser.

SVE source code, released right after SVE released(or they'll broke the GPL license since they did commercial release), you don't needed to wait 15 years. :P

I'm surprised still someone think something like that...and not check doomwiki.org for more DooM-based-games-related details...

Unless you mean official one...since that just not "official source code release" since official one already lost. (Or you mean Blood's one...but that's other problem.)
And Kaiser's work became the only "available" source code release. If you're mean the original Strife's one then sadly, still no one found it, just like Blood and RR. ;)

[/offtopic]

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 05 February 2017 - 07:02 AM

User is offline   axl 

"And Kaiser's work became the only "available" source code release. If you're mean the original Strife's one then sadly, still no one found it, just like Blood and RR. :P"

I'm no expert on this, but the Blood source code isn't lost... Both Matt Saettler and Jace Hall have access to the code, but aren't in the position to release it. http://blood-wiki.or...Source_Campaign

This post has been edited by axl: 05 February 2017 - 09:32 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Well, maybe at near future we will have own version of Blood and without source code :P

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options