• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostDuke Legacy, on 26 December 2016 - 08:36 AM, said:

If your talking about World Tour Mp it kind of works for the pc version just not that good consoles is still a no.

Sounds like good value for money. Wait no, the other thing; overpriced. Bring back Megaton already.

Damn! I didn't realise how much of a chore it was to play Duke Nukem World Tour on a PS4! I thought it was just terrible players playing the game on the PS4 video footage, but it became apparent that it's a game that only plays well on PC. I really needed the keyboard shortcuts to change weapons and use inventory items straight away. I got my arse kicked so much due to the terrible controls on the single-player that it became a game I didn't enjoy at all so I just cheated to finish all of it in the end. Don't play this game on consoles, it sucks!

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostAdrenalinDragon, on 28 December 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

Don't play this game on consoles, it sucks!

And this is why Halo was created. To have the fps genre fit better for gamepad design, where you put more focus on the killing and story than stuff like map navigating, resource management..

Honestly I'd pay big bucks for a proper PC-exclusive hardcore in-your-face type fps game, since they're a real rarity nowadays.

View PostAdrenalinDragon, on 28 December 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

Damn! I didn't realise how much of a chore it was to play Duke Nukem World Tour on a PS4! I thought it was just terrible players playing the game on the PS4 video footage, but it became apparent that it's a game that only plays well on PC. I really needed the keyboard shortcuts to change weapons and use inventory items straight away. I got my arse kicked so much due to the terrible controls on the single-player that it became a game I didn't enjoy at all so I just cheated to finish all of it in the end. Don't play this game on consoles, it sucks!

I didn't have any problems playing on the Xbox One. It played fine, sure the controls aren't as easy as most console games, but it wasn't too difficult.

User is offline   Romulus 

Just my two cents.

If you're someone who has played shooters only on PC using a keyboard, you'll find it difficult if you switch to a gamepad/console.

I don't think there's any issue with the XB1 or PS4 version of the game. Though I must admit, a gamepad isn't really sufficient for Duke Nukem 3D.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

I honestly had zero issues with PSone control in Total Meltdown too.

The whole point is, KB with mouse are way superior than controller in this case. There is no reason to play Duke on modern consoles or with controller since the game is available on PC unless of course you don't have PC or you're masochist. Not only that, PC has the best Duke 3D port available anyway which is EDuke32.

View PostRomulus, on 29 December 2016 - 03:59 AM, said:

Just my two cents.

If you're someone who has played shooters only on PC using a keyboard, you'll find it difficult if you switch to a gamepad/console.

I don't think there's any issue with the XB1 or PS4 version of the game. Though I must admit, a gamepad isn't really sufficient for Duke Nukem 3D.

It is utterly bizarre. I find all 5 episodes easy on PC, but on PS4 it's the complete opposite. Once I increased the look sensitivity and dropped the difficulty down to Let's Rock, I started to enjoy it again. I think I was in a bad mood when I was trying to get all the trophies on Come Get Some, because it annoyed me at how long it was taking compared to getting them all on the PC.

User is offline   pacman 

im considering buying this for the new episode and also for the coop to play with friends, my friends aren't geeks so cant be bothered with ports, setting servers etc, with steam you can easily play custom maps in MP like in megaton but they dont have megaton

my question is: does the mp play decent?

also did they fix the sounds already? I heard they did and now they sound effects sound as they should and gearbox also accepted defeat and replaced the new duke voice with the old duke voice because the new duke voice just didn't fit in.. is that true?

View Postpacman, on 29 December 2016 - 07:28 AM, said:

im considering buying this for the new episode and also for the coop to play with friends, my friends aren't geeks so cant be bothered with ports, setting servers etc, with steam you can easily play custom maps in MP like in megaton but they dont have megaton

my question is: does the mp play decent?

also did they fix the sounds already? I heard they did and now they sound effects sound as they should and gearbox also accepted defeat and replaced the new duke voice with the old duke voice because the new duke voice just didn't fit in.. is that true?

I still get disconnected during Co-Op sessions on World Tour, but on Megaton I can get through an entire episode without it disconnecting. They have fixed the sound on the PC version, but as far as I can tell on PS4, it's still there.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

My brother and I try to play Duke's Nightmare 1 and 2 on Megaton, usually end up crashing the connection at some point during.

World Tour doesn't have Duke's Nightmare

Megaton Online > World Tour online

User is offline   pacman 

View PostAdrenalinDragon, on 29 December 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

I still get disconnected during Co-Op sessions on World Tour, but on Megaton I can get through an entire episode without it disconnecting. They have fixed the sound on the PC version, but as far as I can tell on PS4, it's still there.

it's on a steam 30% off offer right now.. i guess i'll give it a try
anyone know when this offer ends? i may not get paid until 3 days from now and my visa is empty right now

This post has been edited by pacman: 29 December 2016 - 04:54 PM

User is offline   pacman 

@7 minutes 42 seconds

looks to me like the new St John lines are still there... didn't someone said that they replaced them with the original ones?

duke just doesn't feel the same with the new takes, they sound too clear, even with the fixed sounds, the new voice besides the different tone on the quotes, it lacks a bit of the old school feel to the sound, it doesnt fit in with the game

This post has been edited by pacman: 29 December 2016 - 05:04 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

That's not a very good comparison video since he didn't keep everything consistent between each version such as the music, sounds and even the graphics filtering.

User is offline   pacman 

finally gave in and got it, i cant wait to play the new maps

anyone knows how i drop the down the console? i want to see what fps im getting. looks great but slow downs a bit when i shot with the devastator (too many lights probably)

I recommend you to enable FPS counter in Steam itself, go to the settings and go to in-game section.

User is offline   pacman 

View PostSledgehammer, on 02 January 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

I recommend you to enable FPS counter in Steam itself, go to the settings and go to in-game section.

how to drop down the console var anyway?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It's a Gearbox title. I don't think it has one.

User is offline   pacman 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 January 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

It's a Gearbox title. I don't think it has one.

really? that sucks...

the game looks fantastic with the new engine and the new maps are good, it's a shame it's so dumbed down in terms of options and settings. This could have been epic... but the port feels like it was made for a console.

I wish eduke3d looked like the new engine. Polymer is just a failure in my opinion, it runs horribly bad. This one is still a bit shit sometimes, but runs way smoother, polymer is unplayable for me and it lacks the cool occlusion mapping effect, it's amazing how that effect adds depth to the image without lossing the classic appeal.

• The Sarien Encounter

Polymer runs fantastic for me and has for years. It's not a universal experience for everyone.

Funny thing, I experienced plenty of frame-rate drops in WT and had zero in EDuke32 with Polymer.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostSledgehammer, on 03 January 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Funny thing, I experienced plenty of frame-rate drops in WT and had zero in EDuke32 with Polymer.

Me as well. I have a laptop with Intel HD graphics, only 16 MB dedicated video RAM memory which cannot be modified in the BIOS, but Polymer is fine for me. WT 3D renderer however start lagging as soon as I open a map even when I shrink the screen size. On the other hand this might be related to the point lights, as Hendricks' stopgap EDuke32 that supports the new maps and the point lights also lag when I turn Polymer on. Strange.

• The Sarien Encounter

No way Polymer works with Intel HD graphics. No way.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 04 January 2017 - 05:34 AM, said:

No way Polymer works with Intel HD graphics. No way.

And with only 16 MB dedicated VRAM, how old is it? :lol:

• The Sarien Encounter

Are you sure you're not playing PolyMOST?

User is offline   NNC 

I tested it again. Polymer works fine, although it gets a bit laggy in some crowded parts of maps.

EDIT: I'm sorry... 64 MB dedicated video ram memory... I'm not sure how I got that 16. :lol: But 64 MB is still low.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 04 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Run a Polymer-lit level (lights, models, normals, etc, the whole shebang), enable the FPS counter and take a screenshot.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 04 January 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

Run a Polymer-lit level (lights, models, normals, etc, the whole shebang), enable the FPS counter and take a screenshot.

I never used models, if you mean 3D replacement of actors (although it's enabled in my version), and I also use an older EDuke version with no normal mapping. Dynamic lights are on, and true 3D can be seen when I look up and down, and the backgrounds are also different like the LA one. Are you still interested?

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 04 January 2017 - 12:08 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Again, are you sure you're using PolyMER and not PolyMOST? Polymer had normals and lights from the beginning.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 04 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

User is offline   NNC 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 04 January 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Again, are you sure you're using PolyMER and not PolyMOST? Polymer had normals and lights from the beginning.

Seriously, do you think I'm THIS retarded? Here is your screenshot:

Attached Image: duke0000.png

• The Sarien Encounter

I have no idea. I don't know you.

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options