Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostJenz/Amaka, on 19 December 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

Finished with Direct System mod intro video. All it needs are sounds and music, but that's something I'll work on it much later.

Haha.. nice ! :lol:

Really authentic look to it...
Although you still need those terrible MPEG artifacts and no more than 20fps motion !
That kind of motion needs like what... a 4x CD-ROM ?!

This post has been edited by oasiz: 19 December 2016 - 12:14 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostRichard Shead, on 19 December 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

And you felt the need to draw attention to it and bitch about it in your fit of rage. :lol:

That's assuming I'm raging. I'm just pointing out your idiocy for all to see, so people can point and laugh, and know who to avoid.

This post has been edited by Striker: 19 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

Finished with Direct System mod intro video. All it needs are sounds and music, but that's something I'll work on it much later.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RUUI3aNATv8

Very nice !
And the animation of both the boat and Duke is super smooth and the quality of the image seems quite smooth as well. Really good job ^_-

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Good job! I wish you took another Duke Nukem model, but it still looks nice!

This post has been edited by brullov: 19 December 2016 - 02:08 PM

User is offline   CruX 

Posted Image

jeepers creepers

User is offline   Jblade 

that animation is fucking awesome, nice work :lol:

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostCruX, on 19 December 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

Posted Image

jeepers creepers

This guy has seen some shit

User is offline   CruX 

he's got them (literal) snake-eyes.

• Auramancer

Posted Image
Something silly I put together in a map of mine.

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostStriker, on 21 December 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

Suka blyat!

View PostStriker, on 21 December 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

Posted Image

It always surprises me when I see somebody managing to model an object such as that with Build O_o
Just like that 2CV car I don't remember who did some time ago

• Auramancer

In that case I put an image of a Sega Genesis Model 2 up on my second monitor, and tried to approximate the shapes in mapster32.

User is offline   Hank 

More high def texturing
Posted Image
Posted Image
all done with Genetica. :lol:

User is offline   CruX 

Posted Image

frankensprite of an assault trooper and some kinda bad guy from disruptor. I'm not sure I'll be able to see this through to a full set, though. Took a while just to get that one frame.

User is offline   Merlijn 

Happy new year! :lol:

I took a bit of a break, but now it's time to start working on the sequel to Shaky Grounds.
It picks up right where part 1 left: inside the Cool culture centre.

Here's a small little preview of the Cool Cafe (no joke, it's based on an actual location and that's the actual name :D)
Attached Image: cool cafe.png

User is offline   Mark 

Just a quick update for the 3 or 4 of you who remember the Hollywood Holocaust remake TeaMonster and I are working on. :lol:

So far there are 185 new models and 468 textures to go with them. 115 other new textures plus whatever models and textures from the HRP that we are using. I swore that there would be no new con coding because this project has already been way too much for just 2 people. But, with the massive amount of Polymer lighting and other assets the framerate was dropping below 30fps in a couple of the worst areas outside. So with Mblackwell's consent we are using his light hack code to disable lights not in the near vicinity of the player. Since that required bringing the GAME.CON file out of the GRP file and on to the main folder to add the hack code I made the decision to start doing some limited con code additions and tweaks.

Progress had slowed almost to a halt for a while when Spiker had real life issues that kept him away and I was slaving away so hard at my workplace that I had no ambition to work on this except for some weekends. But since I made the decision to retire early last month, the pace has picked up again. Still no hard estimate on when the release will be. But the project continues.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Tease us with a screenshot?

User is offline   Mark 

No pics right now. There is so much new stuff crammed into most areas that almost any screen shot will show more than we want to at this time.

User is offline   Jblade 

I'm working on my own remake of something, the first episode of IW :lol: I may do the other 2 (but not the 4th since it's not quite as bad as the first 3 episodes), but I set an internal goal of spending no more than a week on each level; I've taken a Christmas hiatus but I'm hoping this won't take too long to release. I'm sticking to Polymost since polymer doesn't have showview support which rules out sky boxes unfortunately, I would of liked to of worked with dynamic lights though but I'd rather concentrate on one renderer than half assed support for both like IWv2's release. Naturally this v3 release will also have a bunch of bug fixes and minor improvements (some quality of life features from AMC TC but nothing really gameplay altering) and also a mostly new soundtrack using excellent tracks from OpenGameArt (V2's soundtrack was mostly just pilfered from Skulltag map sets, I know people liked it but it never really felt like it really belonged to the mod)

I replayed the mod a while back and realized how badly the levels had aged; I can't shit on work I did when I was literally about 12-13 too much but still, it's nice to look at it and see how far I've come as a level designer.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: ALLEYWAY.jpg

User is offline   Mark 

I remember some other mod had a brief ( sprite on the wall ) reference to IW. I downloaded it to see what it was. I don't remember if I ever loaded it up and played. I'll have to be sure and check it out this next time.

View PostJblade, on 04 January 2017 - 05:56 AM, said:

I'm working on my own remake of something, the first episode of IW :lol: I may do the other 2 (but not the 4th since it's not quite as bad as the first 3 episodes), but I set an internal goal of spending no more than a week on each level; I've taken a Christmas hiatus but I'm hoping this won't take too long to release. I'm sticking to Polymost since polymer doesn't have showview support which rules out sky boxes unfortunately, I would of liked to of worked with dynamic lights though but I'd rather concentrate on one renderer than half assed support for both like IWv2's release. Naturally this v3 release will also have a bunch of bug fixes and minor improvements (some quality of life features from AMC TC but nothing really gameplay altering) and also a mostly new soundtrack using excellent tracks from OpenGameArt (V2's soundtrack was mostly just pilfered from Skulltag map sets, I know people liked it but it never really felt like it really belonged to the mod)

I replayed the mod a while back and realized how badly the levels had aged; I can't shit on work I did when I was literally about 12-13 too much but still, it's nice to look at it and see how far I've come as a level designer.

What a piece of news to start the year with ^^

The pic already shows a big difference compared to the current build, I hope the guns will also have a slightly improved model (some really need it like the M500 or the PlasmaGun (and a lot of the Defense Mode's)).

What will you do with the Defense Mode ? leave it be or try to improve things with it ? Or outright "delete" it ?

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostMark., on 04 January 2017 - 06:29 AM, said:

I remember some other mod had a brief ( sprite on the wall ) reference to IW. I downloaded it to see what it was. I don't remember if I ever loaded it up and played. I'll have to be sure and check it out this next time.

Was it AMC TC or another mod? I'd be interested to see any other mod that referenced it :lol:

The pic already shows a big difference compared to the current build, I hope the guns will also have a slightly improved model (some really need it like the M500 or the PlasmaGun (and a lot of the Defense Mode's)).

No weapon model changes, both because I lost the files used to create them and also because it's beyond the scope of things.

Defense mode is remaining in, but I am fixing up the bugs and at least ensuring most things are a bit more polished than the final release.

User is offline   Mark 

It might have been in a WGR2 map. The sprite was on a wall as you entered a big room.

View PostJblade, on 04 January 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

Was it AMC TC or another mod? I'd be interested to see any other mod that referenced it :lol:

No weapon model changes, both because I lost the files used to create them and also because it's beyond the scope of things.

Defense mode is remaining in, but I am fixing up the bugs and at least ensuring most things are a bit more polished than the final release.

I see

Speaking of Defense Mode, the biggest bugs I've noticed were the fact that, when upgraded, some weapons lost their sounds and/or animation and the upgrade menu for the Epsilon character had glitchy overlaying texts ...
I could give you a full list but that's not really the moment and place for it >_>

User is offline   zykov eddy 

View PostJblade, on 04 January 2017 - 05:56 AM, said:

The original levels from IW are very fun to play. Also, I like how they are mostly inspired by popular maps from early 2000s, such as BOB SP series, but in a very cute, innocent way.

Can't wait to see the remakes!

User is offline   CruX 

Posted Image

replaced the pdw I've shown in earlier screenshots with this ^^ It looks way, way better, but I didn't do anywhere near as much work to make it that way which actually makes me kinda uncomfortable. Couldn't stick with the old frames, though. Was wasting too much time trying to make it look the way I wanted and not having any luck. I'll probably be posting them in the stockpile thread soon-ish.

User is offline   Jblade 

The original levels from IW are very fun to play. Also, I like how they are mostly inspired by popular maps from early 2000s, such as BOB SP series, but in a very cute, innocent way.

Heh heh, yeah I certainly wore my inspirations on my sleeve back then. These aren't going to be massive remakes so the levels will definitely still feel like IW levels; I may see about including the old levels in some way so they're still there for the history factor.

User is offline   Gambini 

:lol:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Gambini: 08 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Please be for what I think it's for. More DNF mod would be rockin'

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

:lol:

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options