Duke4.net Forums: Doom 2016 Cubicle - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doom 2016 Cubicle

Episode one of doom resurrected is out

(dunno how to properly code this post on mobile so idk if itll show as the video)

Edit:fixed

This post has been edited by Captain Kupo: 12 December 2016 - 11:02 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

After watched that episode, I do want to try that "Call of DooM" version of DooM 4 for some reasons... :lol:

If that ever happens...

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostCaptain Kupo, on 12 December 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:

(dunno how to properly code this post on mobile so idk if itll show as the video)

You have to remove the s in 'https' like so:

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 12 December 2016 - 09:58 AM

View PostPlayer Lin, on 12 December 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

After watched that episode, I do want to try that "Call of DooM" version of DooM 4 for some reasons... :lol:

If that ever happens...

I'd also love to be able to try out it, simply out of curiosity to see what was finished.
It'd be even cooler to have the files and search through them for even more scrapped content, it'd be a goldmine.

User is offline   Malgon 

That was pretty neat. Looking forward to the next episode.

Its funny that now so many people really want to see "call of doom"

Considering that if it had come out there would have been riots

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I don't think they really would. It's just curiosity with something they can't ever have (BETAS!). If that was the game we got, maybe a few of those people would appreciate and enjoy it. I might even think it's decent. But it wouldn't be Doom, it wouldn't be the success current Doom 4 is, and it would have faded into obscurity the same way Rage did. I wouldn't have even bought it looking like that.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 13 December 2016 - 06:08 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 13 December 2016 - 06:08 AM, said:

I don't think they really would. It's just curiosity with something they can't ever have (BETAS!). If that was the game we got, maybe a few of those people would appreciate and enjoy it. I might even think it's decent. But it wouldn't be Doom, it wouldn't be the success current Doom 4 is, and it would have faded into obscurity the same way Rage did. I wouldn't have even bought it looking like that.

Of course, no denying any of that.

That was kind of the point i was trying to make.

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, sorry. I don't know if I skimmed your post too fast or what but it's not what I remember it being. My reply makes no sense now lol. Totally agree.

• The Sarien Encounter

Part two is up.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Are the graphics actually worth the steep system requirements? I feel like they could have gotten away with a similar looking game with a lot less. But then I suppose having a next gen engine is kind of a Doom tradition, and it's good for the marketing.

User is offline   Kawa 

You know what I like the most about the intro scene, before Doomguy gets off the slab and grabs a gun?

The fact that he's literally nothing but limbs.

Posted Image

The demon trying to bite him in the hand is a very close second.

• The Sarien Encounter

If you push the FOV high enough, you can see where the arm mesh boundaries end while holding weapons.

• The Sarien Encounter

Part 3

Love Mick's thoughts on preferring gaming music from the 90s that had a melody and was front and center and how he incorporated that into Doom.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 December 2016 - 09:29 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options