Duke4.net Forums: Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans Leaked - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans Leaked

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

After 18 years, the cancelled Warcraft adventure game is finally playable!
Download here.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 09 December 2016 - 11:49 AM

Already taken down lol

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Managed to grab it first. Long been curious about this game. Glad I got the chance to snag it.

Well... A torrent will be great lol

I'm sure it will appear somewhere again. Once it's leaked there's no stoping it : D

This post has been edited by EvilEmperorZoRG {GR}: 12 September 2016 - 11:04 PM

Downloaded it when it was leaked and beat it in a single sitting
Was a lot better than I was expecting

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Does this mean we only have to wait until 2029 to play Prey 2?

User is offline   deuxsonic 

The DNF builds of old could be out by then.

PC Gamer posted a detailed article about Lord of Clans development history:

The inside story of Warcraft Adventures: Blizzard's lost point-and-click adventure

Trying to rework puzzles and story without heaps of new animation was obviously no easy task. With Meretzky's help, Blizzard had a plan to redo the UI and reshape other portions of the game. In his opinion, despite their focus on the puzzles, the scope of their changes couldn't have turned Warcraft Adventures into a great game. He called Thrall's story "interesting and even a little big moving" and praised the voice acting, particularly Clancy Brown as Thrall. "Being able to get up close to the characters, weapons, and vehicles of the Warcraft world, and go inside buildings like the aviary and goblin workshop, was such a fun experience," he said." But the art was only serviceable, hardly great, and their changes would've made for okay puzzles, but certainly nothing that stood out from the other adventure games of 1997.

Still, with a potential roadmap for improvement, Blizzard took the unfinished build and those plans to E3. And that would prove to be the end.

"Someone called me, I think it was Bill, to let me know," Meretzky recalled. "He said that they'd shown the game around at E3 to a select group of people they trusted, and the consensus was that it was so far below Blizzard standards, that even with the improvements we'd designed, it still wouldn't be good enough to release. They decided that their choices were to invest a LOT more in the game, or kill it, and then decided to kill it. ... I think Blizzard made the right decision to not release the game, although it made me sad at the time. It wasn't a triple-A-quality game, and Blizzard was known for triple-A games. I'm sure it was a hard decision for them to make. They loved adventure games and wanted to make one, but instead had to kill their baby."

User is offline   Malgon 

Is this still available for download anywhere? I wouldn't mind checking it out at some point.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I'm sure it's somewhere, but you might have trouble finding it.

Just in case you find a copy and want to validate whether it's the same file as was originally posted, the md5sum was aad362ab6fa74ffde9211f84570831df.

Malgon, on 08 December 2016 - 11:20 PM, said:

Is this still available for download anywhere? I wouldn't mind checking it out at some point.

Here's an updated link.

User is offline   Malgon 

Thanks TerminX, at least I've got something to work with now if I do discover it somewhere. :lol:

Edit: Man you guys are quick! I''ll give the link a shot.

Edit 2: It seems to require bitcoin to be able to download, which I don't have, unless I'm doing something wrong here. :D

This post has been edited by Malgon: 08 December 2016 - 11:39 PM

User is offline   Player Lin 

Malgon, on 08 December 2016 - 11:31 PM, said:

Edit 2: It seems to require bitcoin to be able to download, which I don't have, unless I'm doing something wrong here. :lol:

You can't download it until someone buy some "credited traffic" for that file, since its "Current available traffic" isn't enough for download now.

Malgon, on 08 December 2016 - 11:31 PM, said:

Edit 2: It seems to require bitcoin to be able to download, which I don't have, unless I'm doing something wrong here. :lol:

Sorry about that. When I had tried that link a month or so ago that wasn't the case. Luckily the file's now hosted over at Archive.org.

User is offline   Malgon 

Thanks for the info and new link guys, much appreciated. :lol:

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Warcraft II is one of my favourite games, and I would probably enjoy Warcraft Adventures it it were to come out in the 90s as originally intended, even though the genre isn't exactly my cup of tea. Now, I'm unsure, and not very excited about it (I've heard about this leak a while ago).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options