Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury - Duke4.net Forums

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Is it going to be split into episodes, Apogee shareware model style? How many episodes will there be?

I assume that you plan on having new weapon/powerup effects and monster behaviours. I wonder what those could be.

Also, will there be NPC allies? What about the possibility of non-linear level progression, maybe even alternate endings?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It sounds like it'll be episodes judging from the name. However it's not shareware since you need to pay for World One.

User is offline   MetHy 

Will the demo be only for people who have Bombshell Deluxe edition or will it also be downloadable separately?
If the old infos are still correct that demo should be out soon.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 02 December 2016 - 07:42 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

https://twitter.com/...218285536956416

User is offline   HulkNukem 

That is the best looking screenshot so far
Really, really, really impressive looking
That single shot shot is also more impressive than all these other games trying to be a retro shooter.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 03 December 2016 - 05:39 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Those are some great looking sector couches.

Looks like there'll be a lot of level variety in terms of aesthetics/types of locations.

Are there any "retro FPS" games made recently that actually take place in locations that are meant to have purpose to them, or are they mostly abstract?

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Abstract and generally procedural.

View PostMicky C, on 03 December 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

Are there any "retro FPS" games made recently that actually take place in locations that are meant to have purpose to them, or are they mostly abstract?

Space Trucker
Otherwise, they are just procedurally generated messes of 32x32 textures

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 03 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

User is offline   Kawa 

Whaddaya know, turns out it can get more erect.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

The jeans I'm wearing just broke my cock from my GIGANTIC THROBBING ERECTION. Nice work Voidpoint. Hoping for interactivity and secrets...and loads of gore

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 03 December 2016 - 06:21 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostHiPolyBash, on 03 December 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

Hoping for interactivity and secrets...and loads of gore

Yes, yes, and yes.

User is offline   Kawa 

Clearly, HiPolyBash, one of us is gonna have to change.

I think that this FPS should be released alongside a re-release of Bombshell polished up and updated for some value price so Interceptor can squeeze more out of it, sale numbers are high because of the value, and Voidpoint ends up getting wide recognition for being the only company that's making legitimate retro first person shooters. Short of word of mouth as much as I would want for the prequel to succeed I do believe it should be launched alongside the console or updated version of Bombshell to bring more attention to it.

On the topic of press I've said it before and I will repeat it now. Whoever is doing the press for 3D Realms/Interceptor is doing a shit job. I've seen nothing about Bombshell or Rad Rodgers anywhere. Rise of the Triad was covered everywhere and had promotions everywhere. It's a shame because Rad Rodgers is awesome and this prequel looks fantastic too which seems to indicate a change of pace and a higher care for quality from Interceptor and 3DR, though the FPS is more the product of Voidpoint it'd be great if this was a sign of things to come. I wish Gearbox and Pitchford would listen to criticism like Interceptor does..they seem to really be trying judging from Rad Rodgers.

User is offline   Lunick 

Whoever is running the 3D Realms Twitter account is too lazy to actually retweet Voidpoint's Bombshell pictures to a wider audience.

Pretty sure it's this guy. https://twitter.com/JD_2020

User is offline   Kawa 

TerminX, when you say yes to gore do you mean it's like the amount in Duke3D, or more like in Brutal Doom?

User is offline   MetHy 

Great screenshot! Finally an enemy that's not the spider. I knew that red thing in the previous shot looked like an enemy corpse, probably this guy's. On that subject, I didn't know what to make of it last time because I wasn't sure what it was, but that red corpse on the previous shot kinda looked like it was 'floating' a little to me, probably due to the sides not touching the ground.

I'm picturing the room to be using flickering lights to go with the fire which would heighten its cozy feeling. If the texture that goes all around the room near the ceiling is lights, and if it prevails the fire and the window, it might give the entire room a boring homogeneous lighting. Then again, 3 different light sources in a single room sounds like a little too much to handle so maybe that trimming texture isn't supposed to emit light, I'm not sure.

The grenade launcher is great! And now I'm excited to play with this thing, the grenade launcher was the most fun weapon to use in DN64 and Shadow Warrior. I hope there are several grenade types, or that weapons have several firing modes in general, it only seem logical after SW and Blood. Blood was the best in regards to weapon balancing and situational weapon use.
Speaking of that, wouldn't it get a little redundant to have a grenade launcher AND hand bombs ? Unless those hand bombs work like a mix between sticky bombs and pipebombs, I can't picture them being useful after acquiring the grenade launcher.

View PostHulkNukem, on 03 December 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

Spoiler

Also the stretched texture on the wall on the right, under the small bathroom window. The portrait looks a little off as well, looks like it's not a sprite and it's a wall texture, so we get see a bit of frame repeating around the slopes, and honestly the wooden texture on the ground on the lower right of the screenshot looks weird to me, like it's underdetailed compared to the other textures or something, or maybe it's just the way it repeats which make it seem like it's misaligned at first glance.
But again, like all the other screenshots, I doubt this is considered "finished", and the texture work is great overall here.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 04 December 2016 - 02:13 AM

• el fundador

The launcher's primary ammo type is these things: https://en.wikipedia...76_40mm_grenade

The bowling bombs definitely have some unique characteristics that make them worth using, no matter what other explosive weapons you may find. :mellow:

User is offline   MetHy 

Nice to hear there is secondary ammo type of secondary firing modes.

That room looks like it could be hiding a secret by using the piano or pulling a book off a shelf!

User is offline   axl 

Holy shit... that weapon looks extremely beautiful ! Can't wait !

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostHulkNukem, on 03 December 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

Spoiler

Do you even wood grain?

View PostHendricks266, on 04 December 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

Do you even wood grain?

That ain't the one I'm talking about booboo

Spoiler

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 04 December 2016 - 12:47 PM

User is offline   NNC 

I really like this screenshot. This looks like a versatile game where libraries, mines and high tech bases all present. Can't wait to see a city style shot.

Is that weapon is a SW type grenade launcher?

• el fundador

It's a combo shotgun/grenade launcher. The primary ammo is buckshot (like shotgun shells) and the secondary ammo is a more traditional grenade type projectile. All of the weapons have either an alt fire or an alternate ammo type which you switch by pressing alt fire. We're working on a demo but the demo won't feature the alt fire stuff. In the full version, each weapon has some very unique alternate functionality.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostTerminX, on 04 December 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

It's a combo shotgun/grenade launcher. The primary ammo is buckshot (like shotgun shells) and the secondary ammo is a more traditional grenade type projectile. All of the weapons have either an alt fire or an alternate ammo type which you switch by pressing alt fire. We're working on a demo but the demo won't feature the alt fire stuff. In the full version, each weapon has some very unique alternate functionality.

Sounds interesting. I also love the art for the weapon. Look totally commercial in quality.

• el fundador

View PostNancsi, on 04 December 2016 - 11:47 PM, said:

Sounds interesting. I also love the art for the weapon. Look totally commercial in quality.

Well, it's a commercial product and I'm not interested in selling anything less than an exceptional title. Cage is easily one of the most talented pixel artists around. It shows in his work!

User is offline   MetHy 

Please try to include some sort of secondary fire at least for one weapon for the demo, I think it would make a huge difference of the idea people would get one of the game's gameplay.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostMetHy, on 05 December 2016 - 02:07 AM, said:

the demo

I think it would be awesome if the demo actually consisted of unique levels separate to the registered product, Rise of the Triad style. I don't suppose that would be too much to ask of the developers, considering all the mapping talent on board of the team?

• el fundador

View PostMrFlibble, on 06 December 2016 - 04:17 AM, said:

I think it would be awesome if the demo actually consisted of unique levels separate to the registered product, Rise of the Triad style. I don't suppose that would be too much to ask of the developers, considering all the mapping talent on board of the team?

The demo is more like Half-Life: Uplink, but yeah, the content is more or less unique from the full version. At the very least it's assembled completely differently.

Is it parts of the full game cut out and reassembled?
That's what Monolith did with the Fear and Condemned demos

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options