• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

What Fox said. I've been following DNF very closely for 18 years. You guys are remembering things from rose-tinted glasses. If builds of DNF were that close to being finished then they would have been finished. Until 2007 DNF never even came close to being 50% done.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 02 December 2016 - 06:04 PM, said:

What Fox said. I've been following DNF very closely for 18 years. You guys are remembering things from rose-tinted glasses. If builds of DNF were that close to being finished then they would have been finished. Until 2007 DNF never even came close to being 50% done.

No one said close to finished. Fred said the 1998 build had very little if nothing aside from what was shown in the trailer but the 2001 era version of the game had a lot of content.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

And thats the keyword... "content." A lot of content that didn't really have any connection to each other. DNF had extremely chaotic and unorganized development.

Nobody said it didn't? You kept interjecting in a conversation about the games state in the early 2000s with something a dev attached in 2009 said that was completely unrelated.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

That wasn't the conversation at all. You guys interjected into me flaming Nancsi with your irrelevant discussion.

Whatever the case be just remember I love you. and Gearbox killed Duke.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I love you too, and you're correct. Many others may have weakened Duke, including his parents (so to speak) but Gearbox put the knife in his back and twisted. And now they use his corpse like a bizarre Weekend at Bernie's sideshow.

View PostFox, on 02 December 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

Huh? Frederik specifically said there wasn't much more than it was shown in the trailers.

Fred have also said that the 2002 version is when the "2001 version" was "at its best", whatever that means. It looks like all the weapons + their alternate fire modes and deathmatch levels were already implemented back then, but we still don't know about the state of the SP in 2002 aside from George being idea-mad and the dynamic lighting thrown into the mix near the end which slowed down development.

User is offline   stumppy84 

So was it the dynamic lighting that ultimately killed the 2001 build?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Poststumppy84, on 02 December 2016 - 11:54 PM, said:

So was it the dynamic lighting that ultimately killed the 2001 build?

Pretty much, yep. Without that bullshit, the game would have went to completion. Doom 3's gritty and cinematic presentation scared Broussard shitless I wager. It shows, too, because the versions from 2003 to 2005 really have that Doom 3 look to them. Thick oily shadows, wonky physics. The wewks.

Son of a bitch... that's so lame..

User is offline   Steve 64 

is the rain on eps 4 level one suppose to be red?

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

To my personal taste DNF 2001 looks much better than Doom 3.

User is offline   axl 

Is anyone else having some framerate drops when playing the new episode under eduke32 ? In the first level (High Times) my framerate drops to 35 - 40 standing on the bridge and looking over the water... this is weird because I normally have a very stable 60 fps in the first 4 episodes.

BTW... I actually think that the new episode looks way better under eduke32. The mouselook is also way superior.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

The episode was made using Eduke32/Mapster32, so it's no surprise.

This post has been edited by Fox: 03 December 2016 - 07:33 AM

Nice how this thread turned into talking about DNF instead of Duke 3D.

Also, I agree the game looks better in eDuke32, but Polymer is too laggy for me.

User is offline   axl 

Replaying the new episode in eduke32 really improved the fun factor of the new episode and made me realize how well designed the new levels are.

A few questions though:

1. When will we be seeing full support in eduke32 for world tour (incinerator, final boss, ...)? As it is my understanding, the main priority of the eduke development team is now the Total Meltdown mod?

2. When full support is available, will it maintain the new world tour main menu and intro screens? Or will it just be using the old atomic intro screens?

3. Are there plans to also provide world tour specifics? Such as ambient occlusion, the playback feature or the developper commentary?

• Senior Artist at TGK

View Postaxl, on 03 December 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

1. When will we be seeing full support in eduke32 for world tour (incinerator, final boss, ...)? As it is my understanding, the main priority of the eduke development team is now the Total Meltdown mod?

I suppose the main priority is new a game on Build Engine. And if it's so, it is the best decision.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

DNF should have been cancelled. Or completely redesigned. But I'm sure that wasn't the terms of the Duke IP sale to Gearbox. That's what killed Duke.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

DNF absolutely had to be released; fault the final product for not being great, finished, bastardized or not the original vision, but the fact it can be said that Duke Nukem Forever was released is good and means there is closure, no matter how sour.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'd rather Duke had been remembered for what he was, not for how DNF represented him.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 08 December 2016 - 07:22 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View Postbrullov, on 03 December 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

I suppose the main priority is new a game on Build Engine. And if it's so, it is the best decision.

Correct, this is almost our only priority at the moment.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Is an official expansion pak the second priority? :mellow: :)

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostHulkNukem, on 03 December 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

Is an official expansion pak the second priority? :mellow: :)

Of course! With sequel, film by 20th century fox and betas! lol Posted Image

Quick question, was the infamous "BAZINGA!!" ever used in the episode? I've played through it twice and I never heard it once..

User is offline   Kawa 

View Poststumppy84, on 04 December 2016 - 12:32 PM, said:

Quick question, was the infamous "BAZINGA!!" ever used in the episode? I've played through it twice and I never heard it once..

VO_MQ_Duke_BigBang.ogg, defined as sound 427 MQ_DUKE_BIGBANG. That's all I can tell you.

User is offline   NNC 

Talk about references, the origin of one of our manly man hero's quotes:

(Heard in Mirage Barrage "water" room, when Duke blows up the cracks...)

User is offline   Kawa 

Why though? :mellow:

View PostNancsi, on 05 December 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

Talk about references, the origin of one of our manly man hero's quotes:

(Heard in Mirage Barrage "water" room, when Duke blows up the cracks...)

Tuskens do it better.

Trivia: You can clearly hear "tusken" in second video around 0:05)

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 05 December 2016 - 12:36 PM

User is offline   Kawa 

I don't usually run in Polymer because it uglifies the rest of the system while it's running and I don't like to melt my system, but hey sure I can do a quick screenshot run. So here's an early spot in E5M2 "Red Ruckus" that really highlights some differences in how three different renderers do their thing.

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options