Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

User is offline   deuxsonic 

It was me. That's one of the songs that didn't make it into the final game that I think is in this footage:

https://youtu.be/MLaQeDEt7k0?t=2m46s

I think Hendricks did ask Lee Jackson about it already. It sounds like a really cool song and Lee Jackson did share another song in this beta, Dark Matter, so I think people would enjoy hearing that one as well.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 29 August 2016 - 05:52 PM

Right on, thanks. That track does sound cool, kind of gritty and John Carpenter-y.

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

Any news on the betas ? I'm kinda curious how this whole situation turned out...

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View PostDr_Proton, on 09 November 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

I'm kinda curious how this whole situation turned out...
Me too since I watched this video.

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

It's up to Gearbox now. They have a history of releasing unfinished alphas and betas to the public (like A:CM & DNF), so not all hope is lost here. But be prepared to pay 20 to 70 bucks for it...

Nah, just kidding.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I'm working with Gearbox to try and at least get some cool screenshots of stuff released. No clue whether their lawyers will find any issue with it.

User is offline   jet_nick 

View PostTerminX, on 10 November 2016 - 02:11 AM, said:

I'm working with Gearbox to try and at least get some cool screenshots of stuff released. No clue whether their lawyers will find any issue with it.

Thanks Terminix :mellow:

That's cool, but I can't pretend I'm not pissed that it's the best we can hope for at this point. Interceptor dangled a major carrot only for us to have it ripped away, teeth still attached, and I won't forget it in a hurry.

View PostTerminX, on 10 November 2016 - 02:11 AM, said:

That's good to hear/read. Having access to awesome stuff and not being allowed to release it, that's just sad. I'm still hoping 3DR will allow me to release some of the stuff I have.

User is offline   xenoxols 

I have no reason to believe this, but I wonder if there was a pistol spinning animation.

User is offline   neznam 

Oh boy! A possibility of screenshots!

Golly gee, I just can't control myself, still images!

Ah well. I guess it's better than nothing, and it's certainly cool of TerminX to act as a medium between the community's interests and gearbox, but good God, what a fucking joke. I know I'm just reiterating what everyone's already said and thought, but can we please get fucked harder? Even just a little? Please?

Old Duke and SW stuff aren't the only things Interceptor has access to. Maybe they could release some old ROTT builds? They've said they have the contents of Joe Siegler's disk (which contained old ROTT stuff), and I really can't see them having any legal issues with it, so why not? That could still be interesting.

This post has been edited by neznam: 10 November 2016 - 04:29 PM

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

View Postneznam, on 10 November 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

Maybe they could release some old ROTT builds? They've said they have the contents of Joe Siegler's disk (which contained old ROTT stuff), and I really can't see them having any legal issues with it, so why not? That could still be interesting.

They don't own the rights to Rise of the Triad. They would have to ask Apogee LLC.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

How about music? :mellow: :)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

How about some nice large-format renders of some of Chuck Jones' models?

Anything useful for Duke3D mapping would be nice, like music or sprites (itsgreen.mid and crotch cannon Overlord, anyone?)

User is offline   HMNuke93 

View PostPikaCommando, on 11 November 2016 - 03:19 AM, said:

Anything useful for Duke3D mapping would be nice, like music or sprites (itsgreen.mid and crotch cannon Overlord, anyone?)

Exactly. If the art files get released, i'll become Gearbox greatest fanboy. :mellow:

User is offline   Perro Seco 

Am I the only one who also wants the maps that appeared in Hendricks' video? :mellow:

User is offline   FistMarine 

View PostPerro Seco, on 11 November 2016 - 04:48 AM, said:

Am I the only one who also wants the maps that appeared in Hendricks' video? :mellow:

Nope. I want to play those maps as well! :)

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostHMNuke93, on 11 November 2016 - 03:46 AM, said:

Exactly. If the art files get released, i'll become Gearbox greatest fanboy. :mellow:

Don't get too many of hopes on that one. Even they ain't evil and still possible happens. Because will very disappoint when they decided give no shit to us. :)

User is offline   BoowHow 

I wonder if there are any unused/unfinished build effect we may have never heard of.

User is offline   Jolteon 

View PostHMNuke93, on 11 November 2016 - 03:46 AM, said:

Exactly. If the art files get released, i'll become Gearbox greatest fanboy. :)

I'd definitely love to see that. I'd be very happy to see the rest of the sprites for the Snake Head :mellow: (And maybe the Beta Enforcer, But mostly the Snake Head)!

User is offline   Darkus 

I'm also more interested to play at the version that is from the video I found:

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostTea Monster, on 11 November 2016 - 12:15 AM, said:

How about some nice large-format renders of some of Chuck Jones' models?

Nobody seems to have them.

View PostDarkus, on 11 November 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

This is one of the versions we actually have.

User is offline   HMNuke93 

View PostDarkus, on 11 November 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

Love that red sky.

Is it just me or are those Pigcops still using the dual-barreled SMGs?

Also, that red sky from Lameduke is pretty awesome and fits great with the overall red theme and red bricks of the city levels, but final skybox still fits better with the final texture set for the city levels.

User is offline   Fulsy 

I'm personally interested the most in the maps. I recall hearing that the beta content includes day-to-day edits of each level. Would definitely love to see how levels we know and love came to be the way they are today.

Things like how E4L1 was converted from an unfinished moonbase map to Its Impossible (Not sure how true this is, heard it in the IRC one day).

This post has been edited by Fulsy: 12 November 2016 - 12:30 PM

User is offline   neznam 

View PostHiPolyBash, on 10 November 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

They don't own the rights to Rise of the Triad. They would have to ask Apogee LLC.

Hm. Does Apogee LLC own the rights to Blake Stone too?

View Postneznam, on 12 November 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

Hm. Does Apogee LLC own the rights to Blake Stone too?

I think so. But the only evidence I can provide is the fact that the source code to Planet Strike was released by Apogee LLC and not 3D Realms.

By the way, does anyone know what's going on with Apogee LLC? Their website has been out of order for quite some time.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

They only exist by name and they have never been a proper staffed company. Rise of the Triad was only supported by them - them being just Terry Nagy - through the licence they gave to Interceptor. They didn't invest anything into it.

If someone asked if they could licence Blake Stone or Rise of the Triad they would probably get a yes just because there's a chance Apogee could make money. I hope Interceptor looks at Blake Stone in the future.

User is offline   NNC 

What I would love to see most is the Duke Nukem 3D 0.99 Beta version with all 3 episodes. Just how "Santa Monica Pier" looked like? What was the original mapping order in E2. E1 looked a lot more interesting in the beta version, and ever since I got it, I always use the original entrance of E1L2 if I play the level. Since then, the released version simply hurts my eyes.

Of course the original scraps of E4 levels like Critical Mass, It's Impossible would be great too.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 12 November 2016 - 10:09 PM

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options