• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostMetHy, on 15 October 2016 - 01:55 AM, said:

So, as mentionned in https://forums.duke4...post__p__262810 and as mentionned in the dev commentary, Levelord cut some of the connections in between the two floors in map Prima Arena.

These cut rooms were left in the map files, with effects still in, but also supplies items and more importantly enemies (a DOZEN of them!) meaning you couldn't get 100% kills.

I'm baffled. I'm honestly very baffled.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Hidden DLC alert! Cut areas will be unlocked for a fee! ;)

Jokes aside. MetHy did a great job. The map really has a better gameflow with his edits. I will only use this version from here on out, and if Levelord is smart, he'll undo his mistake by himself (mistake because you can't get 100% kills without accessing those areas). Either the monsters need to be deleted or the cut areas unlocked.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 15 October 2016 - 06:10 AM

View PostMetHy, on 15 October 2016 - 01:55 AM, said:

So, as mentionned in https://forums.duke4...post__p__262810 and as mentionned in the dev commentary, Levelord cut some of the connections in between the two floors in map Prima Arena.

These cut rooms were left in the map files, with effects still in, but also supplies items and more importantly enemies (a DOZEN of them!) meaning you couldn't get 100% kills.

I have reconnected the cut rooms and uploaded the map on the workshop. Credits go to Levelord:

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=781120926

Wow, so right now there's currently no way to 100% the new episode? I hope they aren't abandoning this game so soon.

View PostHMNuke93, on 15 October 2016 - 04:14 AM, said:

Posted Image

SLOWLY working on at least a sprite replacement for the final boss. I call him "The Immolator". If someone has a better name, let me know it ;)

Nice, that really is something out of Quake 2. It's a shame they didn't hire Chuck Jones again for the new monsters, especially now that he's freelance. What the hell were they thinking?

Right now I'm calling the new boss 'Pitch Lord' because of how ineffectual he is just like a certain someone.

Posted Image

SLOWLY working on at least a sprite replacement for the final boss. I call him "The Immolator". If someone has a better name, let me know it :D

To be honest, anything would be an improvement over what we've got, even if it was Randy Pitchford as the boss. ;)

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostLkMax, on 15 October 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

I'm baffled. I'm honestly very baffled.

View PostNightFright, on 15 October 2016 - 06:06 AM, said:

Jokes aside. MetHy did a great job. The map really has a better gameflow with his edits. I will only use this version from here on out, and if Levelord is smart, he'll undo his mistake by himself (mistake because you can't get 100% kills without accessing those areas). Either the monsters need to be deleted or the cut areas unlocked.

View PostPikaCommando, on 15 October 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

Wow, so right now there's currently no way to 100% the new episode? I hope they aren't abandoning this game so soon.

Nightfright: like I said this is hardly "my" version or "my edits". All I did was stitch back together what was already there, it took merely seconds.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

edit : I just realized I got it wrong and I'll fix it right now
There was ONE point which gave me doubts, it's in the last screenshot, it's whether or not the player should be able to cross to the cut area through boss sides of the pillar or just through the upper side. After looking at the entire room I think it's safe to say it was supposed to be both which is what I did, but perhaps it was only supposed to be the upper side with a kind of doorless doorpath. It's up for debate if anyone cares.

That "doorpath" would be here in this pic, the extra walls in the pillar make me think that. BTW I had to add these grey textures there on the small extra walls in the pillars for trimming (the one I'm pointing at in the screenshot and the one opposite) because that part got deleted when it got cut it seems, I copy pasted the texture from the ones around. That's the only "edit of mine" that might actually be wrong, and that might not be what Levelord had. Pretty minor.

http://i101.photobuc...zpsbpkgrm0b.png

There is this part which doesn't look right/unfinished but I left it like it was because touching it isn't necessary to put back the cut parts; but it's safe to say it would probably have been fixed if this version had made it final.

Posted Image

Already 2 people in the comments of the workshop page have said the devs should reconsider putting back this version...Maybe if we all ask and comment they will?

EDIT :
Posted Image
I just realized got it wrong with the pillar that gave me doubts!! i'll fix it right now!!
Posted Image

This post has been edited by MetHy: 15 October 2016 - 06:52 AM

I'm online looking for a dukematch, but there's no lobbys at all.

Anyone want to play?

User is offline   MetHy 

Okay it's fixed, that was fucking retarded of me.

Please everyone who's downloaded the map already unsubscribe and subscribe again.

Here is what I got wrong :

I had done this:
http://i101.photobuc...zpseyulmhgh.png
http://i101.photobuc...zps7dqclmla.png

And it should have been this:
http://images.akamai...737CB735812842/
http://images.akamai...1B87B97690D091/

It's all good now; meaning that what I said earlier about choosing a texture for the trimming of the pillar is not the case anymore so there is zero edit by me in this one (contrary to having one edit in the previous wrong version)

If anyone else wanna have a go at this go ahead just to be sure, but it should be fine now.

Edit : I still say if you guys are interested, you should make a post in the workshop page comment about how you'd like to see this version in the final game, or at least a fixed version without the enemies left in the cut area.
I'm not saying this for attention there, I don't care it's not my map.

I'm saying this because I know for sure some Gearbox employees check the workshop as one of them left a comment in one of my maps there; and I too believe the map was better before Levelord cut it.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 15 October 2016 - 06:58 AM

• The Truth is in here

It's really a lot better. Actually I had already wondered if something was missing in that map, even without listening to the developer commentary. That area with the collapsed wall was obviously leading somewhere. Now it all makes sense.

You just got another like and comment in the Steam Workshop, my friend!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 15 October 2016 - 08:28 AM

User is offline   supergoofy 

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

Anyone of you guys think it's even worth the effort to replace the old sounds with newer ones ?

User is offline   Jolteon 

I was looking through the new Game.con in World Tour, and I noticed they messed up with the miniboss, Big Time! If they are set to any spritepal (Well, other than 0, 21, or 22) they will appear like a normal miniboss, but will be as strong as the big ones. Making some user maps incompatible with World Tour.

This is what the code is in Game.con:
    ifspritepal 0
      ai AIBOSS1RUNENEMY
    else
    {
      ifspritepal 21
        strength BOSS1PALSTRENGTH
      ai AIBOSS1SHOOTENEMY
    }

When it should be something like:
    ifspritepal 0
      ai AIBOSS1RUNENEMY
    else
    {
      ifspritepal 22 nullop
    else
      ai AIBOSS1SHOOTENEMY
    }

I tested, and it does work actually. I'm probably should do the same with the other bosses, and check what other mistakes are with the bosses (I think I saw that the big bosses in Ep 5 can still be shrunk by the shrink ray in the code, but haven't tried it yet in game, I might try to fix that too).

User is offline   necroslut 

-

This post has been edited by necroslut: 15 October 2016 - 09:22 AM

View PostDr_Proton, on 15 October 2016 - 08:36 AM, said:

Anyone of you guys think it's even worth the effort to replace the old sounds with newer ones ?

In my opinion, all of the old audio needs to be redone.

View PostShadow Jolteon, on 15 October 2016 - 08:40 AM, said:

I was looking through the new Game.con in World Tour, and I noticed they messed up with the miniboss, Big Time! If they are set to any spritepal (Well, other than 0, 21, or 22) they will appear like a normal miniboss, but will be as strong as the big ones. Making some user maps incompatible with World Tour.

ifspritepal 0
      ai AIBOSS1RUNENEMY
    else
    {
      ifspritepal 21
      ai AIBOSS1SHOOTENEMY
    }

ifspritepal 0
      ai AIBOSS1RUNENEMY
    else
    {
      ifspritepal 22 nullop
    else
      ai AIBOSS1SHOOTENEMY
    }

I tested, and it does work actually. I'm probably should do the same with the other bosses, and check what other mistakes are with the bosses (I think I saw that the big bosses in Ep 5 can still be shrunk by the shrink ray in the code, but haven't tried it yet in game, I might try to fix that too).

That is wacky indeed. I mentioned that earlier too, since I had to fix Groovy Street which had this problem in World Tour, blue mini-battlelords being full battlelords (pal 17, changed it to 21 to fix).

Speaking of audio, could anybody who has Fox's rips of Total Meltdown audio post a link?

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 15 October 2016 - 10:26 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostShadow Jolteon, on 15 October 2016 - 08:40 AM, said:

ifspritepal 0
      ai AIBOSS1RUNENEMY
    else
    {
      ifspritepal 21
      ai AIBOSS1SHOOTENEMY
    }

ifspritepal 0
      ai AIBOSS1RUNENEMY
    else
    {
      ifspritepal 22 nullop
    else
      ai AIBOSS1SHOOTENEMY
    }

If only there was some place to report this to the devs.

View Posticecoldduke, on 15 October 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

In my opinion, all of the old audio needs to be redone.

Well we could revive the old thread and start working on it again. What do you think ?

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostDr_Proton, on 15 October 2016 - 05:18 AM, said:

Isn't that Zilla from Shadow Warrior ?

Nope.

View PostDr_Proton, on 15 October 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

Well we could revive the old thread and start working on it again. What do you think ?

I think that would be a great idea. High quality Sound + the new duke talk + eduke32 would be a fantastic experience. I've tried playing the fifth episode a few times, but the audio and FOV just kill the entire game for me. Also the movement and mouselook issues in the new engine don't help the experience at all.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 15 October 2016 - 11:13 AM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostAdrenalinDragon, on 15 October 2016 - 06:19 AM, said:

To be honest, anything would be an improvement over what we've got, even especially if it was Randy Pitchford as the boss. :D

Fixed it for ya. ;)

Maybe the Pitch Lord is his own recolor original character (do not steal) for the franchise? He made sure the boss is as dangerous as he is irl.

User is offline   neznam 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 15 October 2016 - 10:20 AM, said:

That is wacky indeed. I mentioned that earlier too, since I had to fix Groovy Street which had this problem in World Tour, blue mini-battlelords being full battlelords (pal 17, changed it to 21 to fix).

Speaking of audio, could anybody who has Fox's rips of Total Meltdown audio post a link?

http://www.mediafire...o/GuessWhat.zip

View Postneznam, on 15 October 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

So are these sounds just higher quality ? If so i'll rename them to their Duke3D counterpart and someone can convert them correctly.

User is offline   neznam 

View PostDr_Proton, on 15 October 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

So are these sounds just higher quality ? If so i'll rename them to their Duke3D counterpart and someone can convert them correctly.

Yes.

http://www.mediafire...d1m/DUKE+VOC.7z The original VOC files without the Duke lines. Just as a backup.

• The Truth is in here

I had also posted the soundfiles on the HRP website. They are the ones in voc format, converted by LeoD.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 15 October 2016 - 02:17 PM

User is offline   trustn0! 

On paper, World Tour is the best thing to happen to Duke in a long ass while.
In practice, it comes out as an odd duck.

JSJ new line readings range from great to mediocre(looking at you "Where is it?")
Levels are a fun bag with the lone exception of Hollywood Inferno. Better than what Stadium was back in 96 but it comes off as needing more gimmicks.
Also, the boss is the drizzling shits. Seriously guys? A close quarters flame thrower? That's all you got? Come on, you're better than this.
I cannot stress enough how anticlimactic this guy feels.

Besides that, my favorite is probably Golden Carnage. Looking at these levels gives me hope for the inevitable proper entry into the series.
They've shown that they understood what great games do. They don't drop you into a level. They drop you into a place. DN3D at its high points understood that and it's rightly celebrated for doing so.

My biggest problem however lies with the sound quality on the overall effects. What the balls happened here Nerve and Gearbox? How in balls can you miss THIS?
It's also a gripe that the expansions aren't included but those are superfluous to me so while they bug me in principal, they don't do so as part of the package.

I'd like to see what the future has for DN3D and the franchise. It looks a little brighter now.

User is offline   Dan 

View PostMetHy, on 15 October 2016 - 01:18 AM, said:

Posted Image
That isn't a new Assault Trooper variant is it?

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

They are palette-swapped to green when the game is run, unless they are set to pal 21/red.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMicky C, on 15 October 2016 - 02:26 AM, said:

The only thing I can think of would be if they released some other stuff like Duke64, Plug n Prey, and possibly even the other console games like Zero Hour and Time to Kill, but then they'd be treading into HTTK territory which makes me feel sad for Voidpoint.

I wouldn't count on Zero Hour and Time to Kill. It'd be a lot of work for little pay off.

SLOWLY working on at least a sprite replacement for the final boss. I call him "The Immolator". If someone has a better name, let me know it ;)

You're awesome, dude.

View PostMetHy, on 15 October 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

EDIT :
Posted Image
I just realized got it wrong with the pillar that gave me doubts!! i'll fix it right now!!
Posted Image

Upvoted for this hilarious gif. I love you.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDr_Proton, on 15 October 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

The original VOC files without the Duke lines. Just as a backup.

They're all present in the DUKE3D.GRP that comes with World Tour.

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options